Powerplay Every Powerplay related proposal until now.

...fleet carriers have been delayed, Will said because FDev wants to look at what doesn't work in the game first, so what a better opportunity to be disappointed again with our Powerplay requests!

Considering I don't really want to lose too much time in writing things from scratch, I'll link my old threads that I think may have some decent proposals, post yours if you want and I'll put them in the list. ;)

My proposals:
Please fix Powerplay urgently to counter 5C action.
Turmoil Order: let's change it to make 5C (almost) impossible to do any actual damage
New rating system and new personal rewards in Powerplay.

Here is the proposals by Sandro Sammarco himself during the focused feedback (yeah, we had one about Powerplay):
Powerplay Proposal
Powerplay Proposal Part 2

Rubbernuke's proposals:
Powerplay proposal: split tasks to suit each mode, elaborates on Sandros last ideas
Powerplay V.2 using Squadron / megaship mechanics
Proposal for redesign using BGS style mechanics that work with the new BGS
'Inverted' NPC Driven Powerplay where teamplay means survival

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
.... and this later post from Will:
Powerplay
We hear your concerns and feedback on Powerplay in and outside of this thread. We'll be evaluating and looking into some of the proposed solutions Sandro detailed in his post here. This is an on-going investigation and nothing is confirmed at the moment, but rest assured that we will let you know when we have updates regarding this.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
...which links to the same thread from Sammarco I've already linked. :p
Indeed - the reason I posted the quote is that Will's post was about 10 months after the Flash Topic - and indicated that some of the proposals contained in the first Flash Topic were being looked in to.

If resources can be found to rework elements of Powerplay I would personally look to the replacement of economic turmoil as a priority as, arguably, that is the primary vector for 5C's negative impact and the reason why the game has lost thousands of players over the years across all Powers.

Sandro's proposal that was posted in the focused feedback forum would indeed help but unfortunately a lot of Powers' commander numbers have been depleted in comparison to 5C numbers to the point that an alternate solution and new rule set is probably required (especially since the possible functionality & impact of bots and console voting farms is now better understood).

CMDR Justinian Octavius

It's a shame power play doesnt link to BGS giving boosts to like minded factions etc.

As for being hostile in a system when you are not pledged to the power play owner of the system, it really need to feel more dangerous.

Nothing attacked you currently when you jostle with power play owned system

It's a shame power play doesnt link to BGS giving boosts to like minded factions etc.

The Power boosts INF of Factions of the same Superpower whilst reducing INF of Factions of an enemy Superpower. This is of course problematic as some Power's preferred Minor Faction government types are not aligned to their Superpower.

As for being hostile in a system when you are not pledged to the power play owner of the system, it really need to feel more dangerous.
If it's a Control system you shouldn't be able to dock at a port imho for a start. The reason why it is the way it is, I suspect, is because Powers do not control systems but exert influence over them. However, this is somewhat illogical when they are closing down Blackmarkets, legalising Imperial Slaves or even legalising crime by zeroing bounties etc! Frankly, if an organisation is so powerful they can change the law of the system then they would be able to have a military/security presence that is substantially more visible than it is now.

Top Bottom