everything is slow

Everything is taking forever to load dropping from hyperspace loading into outfitting or ship hanger what's going on it never did this before???

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Imo
A lot of transitions/transactions are server based. If the internet is dying for whatever reason, everything will grind to a halt.

I've been having the same lag only on elite in the last 48 hours. Slow mission board loading or not loading at all blue cobra error. Logging in time taking over a minute or more when game is first launched. Dropping out of SC to any area sometimes takes 30-60 seconds. Getting stuck when jumping to a new system in the tunnel for double or triple the time it normally takes. I haven't experienced any lag or issue while playing any other online game or any other activities so it has to be on the servers side after doing numerous tests.

Yes I am having the same issues when it comes to any server side loading events, from jumping to systems, loading Start Port Services, even trying to disembark from my ship takes minutes up to 5 mins for any of them. The last 2 days Im always getting the Spinning Circle "Stand By" Message for long periods of time for everything when I went into the missions list, I am starting to get the error after waiting 2-4 minutes for the mission list to load then an error comes up saying it could not get all the missions to show in the missions list or when I am trying to load into outfitting I just get the spinning Circle Stand By Screen for a long time. Today it got so bad that I failed a time bonus missions because I was stuck in Warp aka System Jump for 5 mins until I got to the system to get the station to finish a data transfer mission and it was only 1 jump away. I have been having this issues for almost a week now but it has gotten worse in the past 2 to 3 days. As the rest of you thinking it might have been our internet, I am a Certified Cisco Network Engineer for 29 years and I doubled checked my internet connection and internal network setup. I get 1GBs down and 40MBs to 60MBs up all the time and do not have any issues with any other games loading server to client requests, they all work with in secs every time except Elite Dangerous. This is clearly a Server side request and response issues we are having. Because once the server side loading is done and I dont need to get anything from a server like just flying and fighting once I am in a system things seem to run ok after everything catches up from the server side stuff goes.
My PC setup is:
Intel 10th Gen i9 10 Core/20 HT Cores at 3.6GHZ Overclocked at 5.0GHZ
1TB N.vME Drive
32GB of RAM
GPU is the newer version of the RTX ROG Strix GeForce 3060 32GB OC Gaming ETD Running at 1882GHZ Clock Speed

I run the game at 1080p 60fps+ and I can run any game at Ultra settings with no issues. Before something changed that this problems started happening the game ran perfect for me until the last week with all the same problems everyone is talking about in this thread and detailed more in my post. Has anyone found any info about this or if this problem is even being looked at? Its got to the point that I cant play the game or I am failing missions because of the delays between jumps or the response time is so bad I die before the game reacts.
One last thing I just noticed today is, As I was playing I noticed that the GPU VRAM usage started at around 40% usage but as time went on the amount of VRAM kept going up until I saw it get to 85% and everytime I was stuck in a long jump my GPU Usage was pegged at 100% the whole time and never did that before either. So at that point I had to stop playing since that looks like a bad memory leak in the game. Before this problem started my GPU VRAM never went over 30% + or - 10%

That all being said, So I am wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing now when they are playing. I hope this gets fixed soon with all the new content coming up I really don't want to miss out because of these issues making the game unplayable which I hate to even say because it was running so great before this happened even when I was on foot and doing on foot missions I never had any issues including my FPS was always over 70s to 120 FPS with all the Graphics settings set to High and Ultra.
Anyone have anything else to add and Support have you been looking into this yet?

Thanks,
CMDR TheMatrixGamer

Last edited:
A lot of people are experiencing it. If it's increased server load at AWS, that would suggest more people playing, don't tell the Doom Mongers! ;)

It being Jubilee week it may take a while before someone gets around to it. 😄

A lot of people are experiencing it. If it's increased server load at AWS, that would suggest more people playing, don't tell the Doom Mongers! ;)

It being Jubilee week it may take a while before someone gets around to it. 😄
LOL, Ya I agree it sounds like an overload on the servers. I know what you mean about the Doom Mongers:ROFLMAO::LOL:, Honestly, I have never had any of the issues that so many people always complain about with performance or bugs with the game since I started playing the game on PS4/5 and even after I Switched to PC/Steam plus I'm even using the HCS Voice packs with the game. Which I love so much and TBH I think makes the game run better with the voice packs and Voice attack as it helps you play the game vs with out them.

I have been play ED since it game out on PlayStation and that was my main until I was able to build the beast of a PC I talked about in my post. This is the first time I have had any issues but like what you were getting at, its not bugs in the game that's the problem, its the servers keeping up with the demand or some new performance issues with the Update 12 on the server side causing the servers not to handle the load as well as it did before. I just hope they fix this soon because it is getting to the point that I am failing missions because of the delays besides the fact that missions that should take minutes are taking almost 30 to 45 mins if I have to make alot of jumps to reach the end of the missions :cry:

Last edited:
It's fine here
Might be local Amazon nodes or the paths to those nodes
That could be true too, but also What platform and game version (Odyssey or Horizons) you playing on and where about are you located? I am only playing Odyssey (But I am going to try Horizons on PC to check if its the same on that version too) I Live in South Florida in the USA, EST Time zone. Plus I have tried playing at different times and still have the same issues but the night time is the worst so far. I haven't tried to play again on my PS4/5 Horizons account

That could be true too, but also What platform and game version (Odyssey or Horizons) you playing on and where about are you located? I am only playing Odyssey (But I am going to try Horizons on PC to check if its the same on that version too) I Live in South Florida in the USA, EST Time zone. Plus I have tried playing at different times and still have the same issues but the night time is the worst so far. I haven't tried to play again on my PS4/5 Horizons account

Odyssey on PC but also Horizons on XB.
Europe.

So yea, completely different locations and timezones

Its not just slow. Using Win 11 pro and since recent update yesterday the launcher is oft times not launching. There may be a Microsoft change that may be contributing to the launcher not launching. I noticed to go to other systems was really slow yesterday.

Its been so bad today that its basically unplayable. If tried a lot of things. I am on the east coast US in VA as a location so not sure if nodes would make a difference. last month has been fine and haven't changed anything. I am on Win 11 though so not sure if an update did anything but all other programs games internet things are working just fine. Here are my specs so i doubt its PC related.

i7 12700kf CPU
Nvidia 3070ti
32gbs Ram
1tb samsung m.2 NVMe SSD

Its been so bad today that its basically unplayable. If tried a lot of things. I am on the east coast US in VA as a location so not sure if nodes would make a difference. last month has been fine and haven't changed anything. I am on Win 11 though so not sure if an update did anything but all other programs games internet things are working just fine. Here are my specs so i doubt its PC related.

i7 12700kf CPU
Nvidia 3070ti
32gbs Ram
1tb samsung m.2 NVMe SSD
I'm in the same place having the same issue with very close to the same system.

I'm playing in central/midwest. Every time I start the game I get "Orange Sidewinder". Logging in again works, but everything is slow. FSD jumps take 60-120 seconds, dropping out of supercruise and opening station menus also takes a few minutes each. Very frustrating. Re-verifying game files, have gigabit internet. A friend on the east coast does not have the same issues. This is a new problem.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
32GB RAM
2060 SUPER
Lots of storage space

Funny enough, repairing my game files via Steam seems to have fixed this issue. Would strongly recommend trying this if the issue persists beyond "weekend rush"

Top Bottom