everything is slow

Welp, I suppose the tritium rush crashed the servers.

1654370111585.png

Afternoon or Morning time Commanders,

Well, I tried again today and started a little earlier and things looks like they are running back to the way it was before. Todays performance was much better, had a little bit of slow spurts but very little and expected during a busy time frame. So I was happy to see things are running better again.
Just to just make sure I am providing all the info,

I made no changes to my Computer Hardware, Software, Hardware & Software Settings nor did I do or run any Utilities for Steam or Elite Dangerous Client launcher, just to make sure that the way I was playing the last time when it was running so badly and when I played again today that it would be an exact One-For-One comparison between each of my sessions to prove that it was not caused by any issues on my Computer, Software or Internet that was causing the problem and that it was in fact a server side issue. I also already had a open support ticket with Frontier about the Console-to-PC/Steam Transfer process and asked them about this issues as well after I posted my messages here about what I was seeing and they replied back saying this:

"All of the issues you’re describing are typical of someone who is having connection related issues, but we’ve noticed other players who seem to be having the same issue. At this time, we're treating this as temporary network issues but if the issue persists, we will investigate further!"

So, thankfully they were aware of the issues and they seemed to have resolved it quickly as well as getting back to me just as quickly to let me know what they were seeing on their side too.

So I wanted to make one last positive point that I have been seeing that deserves mentioning.... Over the past month as I have been trying to get more info about the new Console Transfer-To-PC process (As I am sure alot of your are too) talking with Frontier Support. They have been doing an amazing job at responding back to me quickly and I was asking alot of questions in which they took the time to answer every one of them in a quick fashion. Plus on top of all those questions, when I adding some questions about this issue with in the same ticket, they did not ask me to open a new ticket, instead they just answered my questions right away. So I am really happy to say and know that the Frontier Support Center seems to be back on top of helping the community with their issues and questions, most of all taking all the time the user needs to get all of their questions answered and not just pushed off because they were taking up to much time with to many questions. Plus I am sure they are getting alot of Support Tickets regarding the New Transfer Policy right now, but they still took the time to make sure all my questions were answered. With all the new things happening right now I think that is very important and wanted to share that as well.

In closing, Is anyone else still having issues or are things working like normal again for you too?

PS: I Also wanted to thank everyone here for the great convos back and forth about this issue! This is why I love the Elite Dangerous Community so much. Everyone is so nice and helpful which you don't see as much these days in these times. So hope everyone had a great weekend and flying dangerously! o7

Sincerely,
PC/Steam: CMDR TheMatrixGamer
PS4/5: CMDR JMatrix76

flying dangerously!
is it a bird?
is it a plane?

superguy.png

nope its Agustin Reynolds of course hes doing his superman thing again
you know hes never been the same after seeing that dammed oracle of yours you know...……………………….
(lets see how u like it)
knock knock (or it may be a mobile I am new to this assembly compiler stuff)
at the centre a king you may find a door that is not a door(or at least I think that's what your code reads and don't ask me what it means I haven't the foggiest)
its the part that says EE I find disturbing and the bit ironically that one of David Brabens raspberries being ultimately responsible by mistakenly solving a gravity equation via a bug and not by a means of direct propulsion time will tell

Last edited:
Afternoon or Morning time Commanders,

Well, I tried again today and started a little earlier and things looks like they are running back to the way it was before. Todays performance was much better, had a little bit of slow spurts but very little and expected during a busy time frame. So I was happy to see things are running better again.
Just to just make sure I am providing all the info,

I made no changes to my Computer Hardware, Software, Hardware & Software Settings nor did I do or run any Utilities for Steam or Elite Dangerous Client launcher, just to make sure that the way I was playing the last time when it was running so badly and when I played again today that it would be an exact One-For-One comparison between each of my sessions to prove that it was not caused by any issues on my Computer, Software or Internet that was causing the problem and that it was in fact a server side issue. I also already had a open support ticket with Frontier about the Console-to-PC/Steam Transfer process and asked them about this issues as well after I posted my messages here about what I was seeing and they replied back saying this:

So, thankfully they were aware of the issues and they seemed to have resolved it quickly as well as getting back to me just as quickly to let me know what they were seeing on their side too.

So I wanted to make one last positive point that I have been seeing that deserves mentioning.... Over the past month as I have been trying to get more info about the new Console Transfer-To-PC process (As I am sure alot of your are too) talking with Frontier Support. They have been doing an amazing job at responding back to me quickly and I was asking alot of questions in which they took the time to answer every one of them in a quick fashion. Plus on top of all those questions, when I adding some questions about this issue with in the same ticket, they did not ask me to open a new ticket, instead they just answered my questions right away. So I am really happy to say and know that the Frontier Support Center seems to be back on top of helping the community with their issues and questions, most of all taking all the time the user needs to get all of their questions answered and not just pushed off because they were taking up to much time with to many questions. Plus I am sure they are getting alot of Support Tickets regarding the New Transfer Policy right now, but they still took the time to make sure all my questions were answered. With all the new things happening right now I think that is very important and wanted to share that as well.

In closing, Is anyone else still having issues or are things working like normal again for you too?

PS: I Also wanted to thank everyone here for the great convos back and forth about this issue! This is why I love the Elite Dangerous Community so much. Everyone is so nice and helpful which you don't see as much these days in these times. So hope everyone had a great weekend and flying dangerously! o7

Sincerely,
PC/Steam: CMDR TheMatrixGamer
PS4/5: CMDR JMatrix76

Might have something to do with your problem, but I'm having huge performance issues when in galaxy map.
Haven't change anything in my setup (Ryzen 9 3950X, 64 GB memory, RTX 3080, Gen4 NVMe) and it was allways running smooth in 4K.
For ~ 2 weeks, opening the galaxymap when having a plotted route ends up in a 1 to 3 FPS slide show.
Deleting the route and FPS back to 60.
I thought it might have something to do with my anaconda, since it started when I jumped into my anaconda, made a short trip to sag* and back to colonia, changed to the Krait and NOW I can't even plot a route from the current system 30 LY to another system, when using "economical" as option. It fails EVERY time :/
When plotting a route with "fastest" it plots the route, but FPS wents down to 1 :/

Edit: Ok... now plotting routes over 5k ly is smooth as always, but still can't set a "economic" rout to a system, may it 1000 LY away or (no joke) 3,45 LY away...

Last edited:
is it a bird?
is it a plane?

View attachment 309044
nope its Agustin Reynolds of course hes doing his superman thing again
you know hes never been the same after seeing that dammed oracle of yours you know...……………………….
(lets see how u like it)
knock knock (or it may be a mobile I am new to this assembly compiler stuff)
at the centre a king you may find a door that is not a door(or at least I think that's what your code reads and don't ask me what it means I haven't the foggiest)
its the part that says EE I find disturbing and the bit ironically that one of David Brabens raspberries being ultimately responsible by mistakenly solving a gravity equation via a bug and not by a means of direct propulsion time will tell
Funny seeing this post a second time and just had to share my experience related to this post and image....
The First time I saw this I was what is that and what is happening (I couldn't really tell with the context you put along with the picture of the flying NPC and just doing a quick 1 pass read) but a few days after I read this post, I was playing and was working on doing more "On-Foot" Missions to get my Mouse and Keyboard skills back after not doing any PC gaming for over 10 years.... I took a "Parts Recovery" Mission from crashed ships. When I landed and went to the ship, I was looking around and was like where is the dead guy from the ship, then as I looked up and around again, there he was just floating there in the sky and I couldn't even finish the missions since the game couldn't really tell what I was trying to scan. At that point, I remembered what you posted here about what you saw in that imaged you posted, I just sat there and laughed thinking "Ohhhhh, That is what he was talking about in his post" and had to tell you about it too LMFAO.

Anyways, for a little of "Off-Topic" fun facts sharing....
I started out gaming on PC back before the real desktop PC was created (Ya I know, I am really showing my age here LOL:ROFLMAO:),
Yes, I am talking about the 8086/8088 Computers with only floppy drives back in the 1970s. For all my Younger ED Friends/Community members that might not have heard of them, those computers were the 1st "Desktop" x86 Type computers that came out before the true x86 Architecture/Chipsets CPUs like Intel 286 with Turbo buttons came out in 1982.
Also, another really cool fun fact some of you might not know about Elite Dangerous & "Elite The Game" development history.. The very first version of Elite came out on Computer Cassette tapes (Yes, Just like the ones you play in your stereo but formatted (So to speak) like a Floppy disc or Hard Drive would be) for the BBC Micro Computer back in Sept 1984. You had to play the tapes into the computers memory at a normal playing speed (Just like you would a music Cassette tapes in your car or home stereo) from beginning to end to load the game into memory before you could play the game. It set the standard for "One of the first computer games to use 3d wireframe graphics and procedurally generated environments" and Space games doing things no one knew that could even be done back then.
I posted all the links for the Video about the 1st version of Elite on the BBC Micro and the link for the history of the game Elite from then up to now below this message for everyone to check out if you would like to really see and read all about it.

So, If you are a Space and computer geek like me, trust me when I say, You will love and want to see this YouTube video about Elite. You will get to see how awesome it looked and played back then on that computer. The video shows all of it from the Computer it self, how you load the game from tape to the computer to play it, as well as seeing the game in action on the original BBC Micro computer. Its mind blowing to see how for advanced the game was for its time and that the look of the game still looked and the original base design of the games designs stayed the same as it is today but with much more advanced and super high graphics in todays world of computer graphics and computer technology.

PS: Sorry for the long post, Since I am just starting to be more active in these forums meeting so many new people in the community, I thought I would share a little more about myself.
That being said,
If you couldn't tell, I just love talking (Some of the time I do go a little overboard :ROFLMAO:o_O:ROFLMAO: ) about Technology, Computers Since I have been Building, Repairing, Designing Computers & Networks, and playing on computers of all kinds since I was a kid as well as being a Cisco Certified Network Engineer for 29 years before I became disabled in 2011. I really do miss it but I am so glad that I can still share (Like Here) and help others with all the knowledge and experience I have for all things computers and networking for gaming with Streaming through my Twitch and YouTube Channels which I am so grateful for... Honestly, dont know where I would be if I didnt find streaming and figured out how I could use it to fill that HUGE Void in my life , Most of all... all the abilities that I lost after becoming home bound in bed 20 hours a day.. It has given me a way to meet, talk, Hangout, and still do what I love to do by helping and providing support to others from my home in a fully Personal & Interactive way, In todays world there are no borders or being to far away anymore with the power of the internet. Helping and being able to show Support for others (For Technology and Mental & Physical Health Support) has always been a Life Long Passion of mine since I can remember and I was doing the same thing back when I was able to work in a full time job and in person. But now with Streaming and creating video content, I can still do all of it just through different mediums.

Lastly, I know I had mentioned some of this before but I think it is always worth stating again.... I wanted to thank everyone here for reading/commenting on my posts and hope that you enjoy all the info & help I share here, and all convos we have in these forums... In todays world during these crazy (Very Depressing and Horrific events) times we are living, the little things like just reading and or commenting on posts can go a long way and mean more than you might think!

Here are the links:

The 1st Original version of "Elite" the Game on the BBC Micro Computer Showcase, Demo, and History of "Elite" YouTube Video:
Source: https://youtu.be/owz7XExO-Wk

Elite Video Game History Wiki Page:
Hope everyone had a GREAT Weekend!

Thanks,
Jason aka CMDR TheMatrixGamer

its not unusual to feel a bit like tom da da da da dar (also showing my age there a bit oh and seen it b4 a few times btw an excellent doc)
as my posts fly over the heads of most(lol) as most times as they do contain some nonsense for fun...….
or do they?
yup theres quite a few 84er's still around(original elite players) I was toying with compiling z80 machine code in my youth
I know what its like to be bed ridden after being blown up 3 times must have done some neo moves myself to avoid the shrapnel(itsalongoltello) ya the internet saved me from mental torture( frontier elite 2 did too thanks db)
and insanity now fully recovered apart from the ptsd dribbling occasionally but that's common in us dogs anyhoo right! ;)
yes the code image is clearer now I see a kings centre sign lol soz for the eccentricity but I just cant help its just a part of who I am now
it was around that time I ist saw that :poop: house explode but thats another old tell as some dogs you must let lie
(you are x mib just you remember that ;) )

Last edited:
its not unusual to feel a bit like tom da da da da dar (also showing my age there a bit oh and seen it b4 a few times btw an excellent doc)
as my posts fly over the heads of most(lol) as most times as they do contain some nonsense for fun...….
or do they?
yup theres quite a few 84er's still around(original elite players) I was toying with compiling z80 machine code in my youth
I know what its like to be bed ridden after being blown up 3 times must have done some neo moves myself to avoid the shrapnel(itsalongoltello) ya the internet saved me from mental torture( frontier elite 2 did too thanks db)
and insanity now fully recovered apart from the ptsd dribbling occasionally but that's common in us dogs anyhoo right! ;)
yes the code image is clearer now I see a kings centre sign lol soz for the eccentricity but I just cant help its just a part of who I am now
it was around that time I ist saw that :poop: house explode but thats another old tell as some dogs you must let lie
13-Bravo, perhaps? I was 0311, I feel your pain brother.

or do they?
Thats Awesome man, Nice to know another computer techy & Programmer person. I started out using Basic with my 8080 back then and then moved on to programming in other languages like VB, JavaScript, VB.NET and C# but didnt keep up with it because I just couldnt sit there all day staring at a screen writing code all day LOL but still do some programing for web stuff from time to time to help make little apps or interfaces to help me do things faster or combine different apps and functions in one place other than that I just stuck with Networking, designing and building data centers and designing and building large Cisco Networks until I became disabled with a pain condition called RSD/CPRS "Complex Reginal Pain Syndrome" and couldnt do that any more. But gaming has always been my go to for fun and distractions which helped so much when I couldnt work and Elite Dangerous was perfect because the game is so big and so much to do, most of all meeting so many new people. Which is why I love the Elite community so much because it is one of the few gaming communities that most of the players are so nice and not much toxic drama player types with in the game vs all the other games that is mostly so toxic.

On the other topic you talked about with the PTSD, I am glad to hear you were able to overcome that because I know a little about that as well and alot of the times getting over any kind of PTSD is no easy task depending on what caused it. So I send my congrats on pushing through it and finding the things you needed to do that helped you through it. A game like Elite and the Amazing community that the game has is really a good place to be because everyone is so nice and most are willing to help other players when they ask or when you just meet up with someone in Open Play which is why I fell in love with the game when it first came out on PS4 and as I played it more, I had met so many nice people and learned about all the different communities that are dedicated to help players in the game like the "Fuel Rats" and how everything that happens in the game is all driven by what the players do and how they play the missions. Most of all that the game does not force you to do things you dont like to do in order to progress in the game unlike other games..

Anyways I babbled enough, Send me a friend request in Elite and on IRNA sometime and would love to team up sometime for some missions and fun exploring. I also love joining Expeditions too and planning on joining the "At the Eldritch Gate" coming up. But sadly I am still waiting on FDev to open up the requests to transfer all PS4/5 ED Game Profile which is where all my progress and over 1k of hours of progress I want to move over to my PC account. So at the moment Im still working up my ranking and credits so I can still do some things until I can get all my rankings, ships, permits back after I can transfer my PS4/5 account over.
Here is my INARA Profile https://inara.cz/cmdr/381431/
and my Elite Dangerous Odyssey PC ID is "CMDR TheMatrixGamer"
Also, You can find me on Steam at "Twitch_TheMatrixGamer" if you want to add me there too.
So if you would like to wing up some time feel free to send me a friend request, I am always looking for new people to play with. It was a pressure chatting with you and everyone in this Topic. Really enjoyed the convos and our talks of old memories from back in the day!! Hope everyone has a great rest of your week!!

Stay safe! CMDR_TheMatrixGamer Signing off o7​

YA same not the type to sit an code just game really nowadays.... as for winging up I may but I am very much a lonewolf in this game its just how I roll mostly, i will add you as a friend though in case we are in the same vicinity@the right time.

Top Bottom