Exclusion Zone not showing for White Dwarves & Neutron Stars

It shows for a brief second before vanishing, been like that for ages. I avoid the white dwarves entirely now if cone boosting.

I've heard it is, and I haven't seen the exclusion zone since Odyssey.

It would be easier to confirm if they hadn't made it so these zones only show when you are at certain speeds.

I'd like to just turn them on permanently myself.

I tend to move slowly when navigating around a white dwarf/neutron so even when it isn't bugged it's a problem.
Is that why? I never realized it was speed-dependent; I rarely see them but I've always attributed it to being some kind of VR bug. I've been zooming sensors all the way out and using the exclusion zone that appears on there as a backup but it makes me nervous:)
I haven't seen it in Horizons on PC for the last few weeks either. I've been doing a fair number of neutron jumps.
Come to think of it, I haven't seen one in Horizons on a neutron in awhile either.... I did see a glimmer of one on a white dwarf over the weekend, but just once.
Yeah, Odyssey has never shown the exclusion zones of WD's and it's really annoying not to mention bloomin' dangerous as some WD's have exclusion zones that cover 2/3rds of their cones while on others only the very outermost fringes of the cone are safe.
I like to call that "ticklin' the tendrils" :D

IMO this is more a problem of not getting your speed up - or, better said, of lines not being shown at very low speeds. You need to speed up so that the lines start showing and this is just impossible around those two.

IMO this is more a problem of not getting your speed up - or, better said, of lines not being shown at very low speeds. You need to speed up so that the lines start showing and this is just impossible around those two.
Sorry, are you saying that EZ’s do appear around WD’s and Neutron Stars above certain speeds?

If so, please can you provide video evidence of this claim?

Lol I cone boosted all the weekend and the zone was always there, and now that I look for it of course it isn't there anymore :)

Well not quite. I jumped around a few white dwarfs, and I noticed that the zone appears and disappears when you jump in, and then appears again at a very specific distance from the star (and then disappears again, because you crossed that distance). Here it is, caught while it is still there

whitedwarf.jpg

Lol I cone boosted all the weekend and the zone was always there, and now that I look for it of course it isn't there anymore :)

Well not quite. I jumped around a few white dwarfs, and I noticed that the zone appears and disappears when you jump in, and then appears again at a very specific distance from the star (and then disappears again, because you crossed that distance). Here it is, caught while it is still there

View attachment 262364
Interesting - thanks!

I’ll try this in Odyssey and Horizons later and see if I can recreate it.

View attachment 262364
I tried this in both Horizons and Odyssey with both Neutron Stars and White Dwarfs, and couldn't get the EZ to appear for any of them. I tried toggling orbit lines on and off - no difference. I tried various SuperCruise speeds - no difference.

I don't mean to doubt you @Sentenza but was that screenshot definitely taken today? If so, what setup are you using? Console or PC?

If it's PC, can you share your graphics settings so I can try and recreate the setup here?

As an aside, FDev have confirmed the issue, so they do acknowledge there is a bug here. Personally I'm just keen to see what conditions are required to make it work at all.

Top Bottom