Exerpt From an Interview with Zorgon Peterson [Comedy]

((This is intended for comedic value, not any serious attempt at lore. In... case that isn't obvious. XD ))

Excerpt from an interview with Zorgon Peterson:

GalNet: “So… You make three ship lines, is that right?”

Zorgon Peterson Representative: *ahem* “Ah, yes, that’s right.”

GalNet: “So why don’t you tell us about the smallest. The ah… the Hauler? What’s that used for?”

ZP: “Well, it’s the most popular ship in the galaxy to strip down to the bare essentials and fly to retrieve bigger, better ships with.”

GalNet: “So… not hauling cargo, then…?”

ZP: *chuckles and waves a hand incredulously* “No no, it’s not very good at that, no. Why would you think that?”

GalNet: “And what does it look like?”

ZP: “Well we kind of went for a sort of… ‘wedge of cheese with stubby wings’ motif.”

GalNet: “And the sound… how’s that?”

ZP: “Oh we’re very proud of the sound. It’s kind of like a bag of yowling cats, fighting over who gets out of the water first.”

GalNet: “Eugh… well. Then how about the second… the Adder? That’s a bold move, naming it after a snake. Trying to move in on the turf of parent company Faulcon DeLacy’s legendary progression of Cobra, Python, and Anaconda there a little bit, eh? Top-notch general-purpose, is that right?”

ZP: *shifts uncomfortably* “Well… no. Not exactly, no. It -is- billed as a general purpose ship, but it’s more what you’d call… *ahem* Well I wouldn’t go so far as to say ‘bottom of the range’ or anything, you know? Let’s say that it’s competitive in its price range, and leave it there, yeah?”

GalNet: “…riiiight. But at least it looks and sounds great, right?”

ZP: *lights up excitedly* “Oh yes, absolutely! It looks like a bigger wedge of half-melted cheese with even stubbier wings. And it sounds glorious! Just like a braying llama with indigestion! And the view...! Our engineers worked tirelessly to ensure the Adder's pilots had the absolute smallest, most constricted cockpit view allowable by interstellar regulations. A true masterpiece!”

GalNet: *works hard to contain a snicker* “Mhmm… so then we have your flagship model, the top of the line, the… er… am I reading this correctly? The… Fer de… Lance? What is that, some kind of flower delivery setup?”

ZP: *indignant* “Wha—I’ll have you know, it’s the most fearsome and feared heavy fighter in the whole of the galaxy! Its combination of maneuverability, speed, shielding as heavy as some sub-capital class ships like the Anaconda, and a weapons loadout that makes even the Federation Navy tremble is nothing short of legendary!”

GalNet: “Hey, sorry, sorry, I didn’t mean to… I mean, I’m sure it looks and sounds the part, too, right?”

ZP: “Absolutely! It looks like a wedge of cheese skillfully carved into sleek perfection by master er… whatever cheese makers are called! And the sound is amazing, a blend of the sound effects from the 20th Century masterpiece Tron, and an old-fashioned Ford Mustang of the same era! Like a snarling nightmare-beast-monster on the prowl!”

GalNet: “Wow, that actually does sound impressive! Well there you have it folks, the Fleur-de-Lis—I mean, Fer-de-Lance—kicking tail to a twelve-hundred-year-old soundtrack! Let’s have a round of applause for Zorgon Peterson!”

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the Lakon Spaceways interview. "So, snake names eh? What exactly is a type 6 snake? And what happened to the type 8?"

I'm looking forward to the Lakon Spaceways interview. "So, snake names eh? What exactly is a type 6 snake? And what happened to the type 8?"

Wait! We DON'T talk about the Type 8. Never...
Not after the evidence that surfaced after the investigations.

*shudder*

But for posterity I'll reprise the extract from the official report.

You see... Type 8 reached the nearly Prototype status when the Company was investigated for alleged bribery over the Hull frame-structures provider.

The owner of the foundry station that was chosen to provide the Hull Frame-Structures to Lakon was investigated for an unsanctioned sum that was clumsy handled in the books as a donation but ultimately was discovered being flat-out money laundering.
Beside that there was also a minor scandal about some HOT action between the Owner and definitely NOT his wife (plus some other undescribable aliens) caught by a surveillance camera near a Zero-G Hostel for young couples. (Some videos are still available on-line on shady Virtua-Tubers channel, more or less covered up for sensible audience sake).

Some say was a planned move by other manufacturers to stop the making of an interesting and alternative design - others are convinced that someone in the LAKON Administration Counsil noticed the project was ultimately a HUGE Credits bonfire for a Dead-On-Arrival product.

Either way, even before any physical test was conducted, the Type-8 was stigmatized as a loser's ship and the Marketing dept. was quick to sweep it under the rug.

But... hey- don't quote me on that!

Last edited:
Top Bottom