Expansion animal park !

We have on the beautiful animal creation workshop with the toolkit but would it be better to have a zoo expansion from Frontier on Planet Coaster, I think so, with many animals + rct3 , elephant balade , animal shows, aquarium, dolphins, whale, sharks ect .. what do you think about it honestly ?

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Many of us have Zoo fever with all the great animals. [up]I would welcome a stand alone game.[happy]

No.

If it comes, then please as a stand alone game.

Why are you against the idea of an expansion or backward-compatible sequel? Obviously many people do want this feature (just like RCT3) its literally something many of us have waited years for. Frontier has trademarked several Planet titles with Safari being the frontrunner, and I'm very excited to see how the engine will evolve and hopefully still support our current workshop items [up]

If we take Jurassic World as an example, its pretty obvious why a stand alone game is not necessarily the better option. Theres already many zoo games out there. If they go through the trouble of making modular safaris, why not have them compatible with all the Workshop items people have already put into PlanCo? A game like JWE is a step backwards compared to a game like RCT3 Soaked + Wild!

Imagine how amazing JWE would have been as an expansion to PC instead of a quickly passing game that was only fun for about a week, imagine how much more we could do if they created a full expansion (similar to RCT3 wild) instead of a silly little DLC. It would be nice to see a larger DLC or full expansion that truely expands the game in many key areas that it lacks (such as management, scenarios, and more variety of ride types)

If they do release a stand-alone zoo game, many people will be disappointed if its not compatible with the current TMT or Workshop items, especially if the game runs on a similar or better engine. If they released a safari game with track rides and modular scenery, it would cause a lot of people to be upset that they cant transfer blueprints from one game to the other. Even RCT3 could import blueprints from RCT1/2

Its been very sad for many of the original RCT3 fans to see frontier go with small DLCs over full expansions, unfortunately most of those fans are gone now :( with all the money Frontier has made from PlanCo i have extremely high expectations for the future of this franchise, as at some point a better game/tech will come along so we should expect/deserve a truely advanced sequel IMO, and if the future of this franchise does not include full expansions or backward compatibility with sequels then I see no reason to further support this game

Last edited:
I find it interesting that the subject of zoo or safari so far no negative reactions from Frontier come as the theme of water park.

I find it interesting that the subject of zoo or safari so far no negative reactions from Frontier come as the theme of water park.

Water Parks had it's own thread created every day. There is less reason to tell it's not coming.

Water Parks had it's own thread created every day. There is less reason to tell it's not coming.

Everyone is that the water park will not be added directly to Planet Coaster, but I think they can do it on another game with the zoo, with the same features of Planet Coaster

I am not sure if it would be possible, but why not a Zoo game as a stand alone which will be also offered as an expansion pack for PlanCo so that we have the choice?!

I am not sure if it would be possible, but why not a Zoo game as a stand alone which will be also offered as an expansion pack for PlanCo so that we have the choice?!

I think if they would make an expansion, that is where al lot of developer resources would go, thus halting further progress on rides and scenery.
From a marketing and business point of view I would make a standalone as that could make more profit.

If you are not a coaster fan, and only want a zoo game, it would probably become to expensive or not interesting enough.

I wouldn't mind a expansion though, but I think there is to much content that can be made for Zoo's that the expansion has to be so huge, to fill the need for it. (Basicly the same problem we now have with smaller DLC's as people might feel there is a lack of content).

The game lacks this kind of content, rather than attractions, coasters and scenery at each new DLC, for 2019 it would be nice if they change the content a bit, as for example, shows, parades, new animators, animators who runs after the visitors to make them a hug, where the moms who carry their children in their arms and hello to the animators, photos in coaster attractions, photos with animators, nurses, + souvenirs ect .. new paths, the possibility of having a hangar for trains, signs that indicate the waiting time at each attractions and coasters, and so on ..

I think if they would make an expansion, that is where al lot of developer resources would go, thus halting further progress on rides and scenery.
From a marketing and business point of view I would make a standalone as that could make more profit.

If you are not a coaster fan, and only want a zoo game, it would probably become to expensive or not interesting enough.

I wouldn't mind a expansion though, but I think there is to much content that can be made for Zoo's that the expansion has to be so huge, to fill the need for it. (Basicly the same problem we now have with smaller DLC's as people might feel there is a lack of content).

That makes sense!

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Zoos would be a great addition to Planet Coaster, because it would not only add a new 'attraction' type, but it would expand on new management features. Even if it's not possible, Frontier could still expand on the Safari theme with new animatronic animals since we did receive animatronic hippos, alligators, bats, ravens and snakes. It would also open the door for new ride types such as a tracked ride inspired off of the Kilimanjaro Safari ride at Animal Kingdom and the Wildlife Express Train but rather than working as a transport ride it operated as an attraction.

Zoos and Aquatical/Marine DLCs would be amazing. We would then have the ability to create aquariums that showcased a range of new aquatic animals: stingrays, jellyfish, sharks, manta rays, sea turtles, moray eels, and maybe even a mythical mermaid and the infamous Creature of the Deep Abyss (a play off Creature from the Black Lagoon). And with a safari-themed pack it expanded our animal animatronics with elephants, lions, gazelles, zebras, rhinos, giraffes and hyenas.

New Rides:
* Safari Tour- tracked ride
* Wildlife Express- tracked ride
* Enhanced Motion Vehicle- trackless dark ride
* Submarine- underwater tracked ride
* Steamboat- transport ride

New Path Type:
* Conveyor Queue- guests are transported on a conveyor queue.
* Skyway- transparent path texture to create pedestrian pathways over animal exhibits.
* Gallery- a point in a path that allow guests to view exhibits along a queue/pathway.

Architectural/Themed Build Sets
* Nautical Exploration
* Mediterranean
* East Africa

Staff
* Tour Guide

Safari Animatronics
* Bathing Elephant, Galloping Elephant, Submerging Elephant and Elephant Spraying Guest(s)
* Galloping Zebra and Grazing Zebra
* Charging Lion, Prowling Lion, Climbing Lion, Lounging Lion and Lion Roaring
* Leaping Gazelle, Sipping Gazelle and Standing Gazelle
* Charging Rhino, Grazing Rhino, Fighting Rhino and Walking Rhino
* Bantering Hyena, Laughing Hyena and Stalking Hyena
* Galloping Giraffe, Grazing Giraffe, Giraffe Sipping and Curious Giraffe

Marine Animatronics
* Swimming Fish (flexi-color)
* Swimming Manta-Ray and Stingray
* Swimming Sharks (Hammerhead, Bull Shark, Tiger Shark and Zebra Shark)
* Floating Jellyfish
* Moray Eel Peeking
* Swimming Sea Turtle
* Animated Corral
* Swimming Mermaid, Waving Mermaid, Dancing Mermaid & Lounging Mermaid (flexi-color)

Zoos would be a great addition to Planet Coaster, because it would not only add a new 'attraction' type, but it would expand on new management features. Even if it's not possible, Frontier could still expand on the Safari theme with new animatronic animals since we did receive animatronic hippos, alligators, bats, ravens and snakes. It would also open the door for new ride types such as a tracked ride inspired off of the Kilimanjaro Safari ride at Animal Kingdom and the Wildlife Express Train but rather than working as a transport ride it operated as an attraction.

Zoos and Aquatical/Marine DLCs would be amazing. We would then have the ability to create aquariums that showcased a range of new aquatic animals: stingrays, jellyfish, sharks, manta rays, sea turtles, moray eels, and maybe even a mythical mermaid and the infamous Creature of the Deep Abyss (a play off Creature from the Black Lagoon). And with a safari-themed pack it expanded our animal animatronics with elephants, lions, gazelles, zebras, rhinos, giraffes and hyenas.

New Rides:
* Safari Tour- tracked ride
* Wildlife Express- tracked ride
* Enhanced Motion Vehicle- trackless dark ride
* Submarine- underwater tracked ride
* Steamboat- transport ride

New Path Type:
* Conveyor Queue- guests are transported on a conveyor queue.
* Skyway- transparent path texture to create pedestrian pathways over animal exhibits.
* Gallery- a point in a path that allow guests to view exhibits along a queue/pathway.

Architectural/Themed Build Sets
* Nautical Exploration
* Mediterranean
* East Africa

Staff
* Tour Guide

Safari Animatronics
* Bathing Elephant, Galloping Elephant, Submerging Elephant and Elephant Spraying Guest(s)
* Galloping Zebra and Grazing Zebra
* Charging Lion, Prowling Lion, Climbing Lion, Lounging Lion and Lion Roaring
* Leaping Gazelle, Sipping Gazelle and Standing Gazelle
* Charging Rhino, Grazing Rhino, Fighting Rhino and Walking Rhino
* Bantering Hyena, Laughing Hyena and Stalking Hyena
* Galloping Giraffe, Grazing Giraffe, Giraffe Sipping and Curious Giraffe

Marine Animatronics
* Floating Jellyfish
* Moray Eel Peeking
* Swimming Sea Turtle
* Animated Corral
* Swimming Mermaid, Waving Mermaid, Dancing Mermaid & Lounging Mermaid (flexi-color)

All that would be great ! [big grin]

My two cetns are that this won't be a thing. The Reason for that is, that the Game will go in a completely different direction and i am not sure Frontier wants that for Planet Coaster.

Also i am happy if they won't go in that direction. I don't want Animal busywork on top of what i do in my Themepark. I don't want to make sure the poop is cleaned and the Animals are fed. I don't want to make sure my Park Guests are safe of Animals and i don't want the additional Babysitting of the Animal Handlers.

My two cetns are that this won't be a thing. The Reason for that is, that the Game will go in a completely different direction and i am not sure Frontier wants that for Planet Coaster.

Also i am happy if they won't go in that direction. I don't want Animal busywork on top of what i do in my Themepark. I don't want to make sure the poop is cleaned and the Animals are fed. I don't want to make sure my Park Guests are safe of Animals and i don't want the additional Babysitting of the Animal Handlers.

Not necessarily on Planet Coaster, but on another game with the same functions as Planet Coaster [happy]

New Rides:
* Safari Tour- tracked ride.

I think that SDanWolfe's Safari Depot would keep a good base example of a Safari Tour Tracked Ride

pMVWRur.jpg

Marine Animatronics
* Floating Jellyfish
* Moray Eel Peeking
* Swimming Sea Turtle
* Animated Corral

Before Frontier should eventually bring out a Marine DLC sometimes in the future, in my view, it is necessary to remove the animatronic elements from the animals already present in the game, such as the sharks, the crocodiles or the hippopotamuses. If you e.g. want to build something like an aquarium, you can not use the sharks in it with the animatronic equipment.

So please Frontier, update some of your DLC's and remove that animatronic stuff from different animatronics. (same for the Studio Cast with plug in their ...)

Top Bottom