[Expedition/DSSA] Search for the Pequod

Any chance you remember where? That's the kind of thing a science expedition should really be recording 🤔

On discord people seem to have been having fun finding the local NSP and touring the Guardia sites. I know we have more of both to come :)

Yeah, bookmarked one, there are only two I have come across and they are both in the immediate area. I will grab the location and post it here, just got to log into the game again to find it.

This one, I remember now I took a screenshot. I don't know what date it was first discovered, maybe before FSS was around.

Col 173 Sector NA-J c11-15 - 55 sites.

3F9psWD.jpg

We are at waypoint 2 : Statue of Liberty Sector BQ-Y d16

pg3CRe4.png

Nothing of interest known in this area, so ... let's see what we find. And I wonder if we will get out of the shadow of this ELW any time 🤔

We are at waypoint 2 : Statue of Liberty Sector BQ-Y d16

pg3CRe4.png

Nothing of interest known in this area, so ... let's see what we find. And I wonder if we will get out of the shadow of this ELW any time 🤔

Already are, spectacular view, we are drifting above the rings, amazing!

Just in case anyone is interested, around 500ly away from the Gam Nine is a nice Wolf-Rayet star with a Helium rich Gas Giant in the system:

HD 96548

Worth a visit.

Ok that's a bit annoying, I bookmarked the Gam Nine when we were in the Col 173 area, and the bookmark is still on that system and hasn't moved with the ship, I am now unable to delete the bookmark as the ship is no longer there to select. Next time I am on I will try re-bookmarking the ship and see if it deletes the old one. If it doesn't I will just have to bookmark the body it's on orbit around to save tying up all my bookmarks on phantom ships.

Usually the bookmarks move with the carrier, but sometimes they don't. I haven't found a cause or reason, or any sort of pattern. Except that sometimes it updates later.

It's not letting you delete it from the list of bookmarks on the left, even in the galaxy view? I thought that would always work.

Usually the bookmarks move with the carrier, but sometimes they don't. I haven't found a cause or reason, or any sort of pattern. Except that sometimes it updates later.

It's not letting you delete it from the list of bookmarks on the left, even in the galaxy view? I thought that would always work.

It's updated itself now, so it's ok until next time I guess.

Hmm, we've found the odd planet, and a tritium double I think, but overall the reviews of the Statue of Liberty Nebula "a bit boring", "3/10, would skip next time", "who brought us here???" have come to pass.

Heading for Eta Carina in 24 hours (patches allowing), which should be a different case - there are Guardian Ruins, and hopefully more to find. Just yesterday some previously unknown ruins were found in NGC 3199 (two weeks time!), so the game is afoot!

I believe so far 5 guardian ruins in Eta Carina, according to my current target schedule I should arrive there at the same time as the FC, and yes the Statue of Liberty Nebula was a bit meh, but having a lot of people look and confirm it is indeed a bit meh is a worthwhile result. And I did manage to find a couple of undiscovered giant stars in the area so it wasn't all bad!

Heading out for the Eta Carina Nebula in around 45 minutes, everyone strap-in!

There are several known Guardian Ruins around the nebula - we can search for others.

Known Guardian locations:
  • ETA CARINA SECTOR EL-Y D16
  • ETA CARINA SECTOR IM-V C2-4
  • 2MASS J10444160-5947046
There should also be Lagrange clouds and (as there are Guardians), Brain Trees.

No sign of prof Melville in Statue of Liberty, but there were no Guardians - maybe we'll have better luck this week :)

o7

More NSP in 2MASS J10433563-5945136 - one is in a ring, the far one is a cloud

1593681575795.png

(Don't know if I said it before but scan things with the Composition Scanner, and watch out for clusters of signals - there are usually 3 types of thing in clouds, and the 3rd is often quite small ...)

More NSP in 2MASS J10433563-5945136 - one is in a ring, the far one is a cloud

(Don't know if I said it before but scan things with the Composition Scanner, and watch out for clusters of signals - there are usually 3 types of thing in clouds, and the 3rd is often quite small ...)

Keep in mind all that some of the small things are dangerous, whoever named those thrice cursed Bullet Molluscs knew what they were talking about!

Top Bottom