MISSION OBJECTIVE: Exploration of all galactic nebulae
NEXT WAYPOINT: Via Gravitatis
EXPEDITION COMMAND VESSEL: DRAKE-CLASS Fleet Carrier: "Zodiac" LHL-31Z
CREW:

Cmdr Deluvian Reyes Cruz - Expedition Commander
Cmdr Elroy Santiago - XO onboard DEL-77 "Rocinante"
Cmdr Ellentar - Security & Rescue, Logistics
SQUADRON: Delta Echo Lima [DEL0]
COMMANDERS ON DUTY (#DeluvianCrew): Cmdr Hazard6s, Cmdr Dracomenda, Cmdr Kalidas Acoma, Cmdr Miscbs

Out into the Black

Greetings Commanders!
After spending almost a year in The Bubble finally, it is time for me to go back out there... the space is calling. The plan is to finally do some real exploration trip, and the very long one it seems. I have always wanted to explore the Galaxy in a proper way, and now with Fleet Carriers, this type of endeavor is even more exciting although definitely more time-consuming. The goal is to attempt to visit all the known nebulae and maybe even discover some new ones. At the same time, I want to of course visit again all the extreme points of the Galaxy as well as any interesting locations on my/our path. If you feel like hitching a ride, you are very much welcome and as Zodiac does have a Shipyard service operational, you could decide to bring with you more than one vessel and simply enjoy the ride. Would be very helpful if you could bring a mining vessel and contribute a little to backfilling our Tritium reserves, but it is not an expectation. We will be departing on Tuesday, 14th September 33o7 from Kehperagwe around 20:30 ZST (Zodiac Standard Time) - [nomenclature: ZST is actually US EST aligned with my location, Sol Time is of course Game Time in other words GMT]. Join us now or join us later, whenever Zodiac is within suitable range and you feel like participating in this adventure. You can always check our location using the link above.

Why now?

We all have been waiting for a very "big bang" with Odyssey. For me, participation in Alpha was a blessing and a curse at the same time. I saw already most of the content and listening to all the PR hype, I still believed that there is "so much more coming". There is no point disputing here Odyssey deliverables, but indeed I had higher expectations. I am definitely one of those who secretly were hoping for ship interiors, and if not - at least FC interiors and new FC features, new SRV types, and really some new vessels... Do not get me wrong, Odyssey does not disappoint and delivers a lot of good stuff and brilliant content. Some "small things" are just missing for me, like the cherry on top to make it perfect. Waiting for space legs for such a long time, of course, I was hoping for some good addons coming with it. Well, we all know now, especially with the current "transparency" what can or cannot be expected. This definitely was the catalyst for me, to set a course out there and do something I always wanted to do - truly explore the galaxy and visit all of the nebulae out there. Problem is that for the last couple of years I was way too busy (obsessed) with the longest distance from Sol run beyond Semotus Beacon. The last Expedition VIII "Zodiac" was a success and I think that the longest result still stands: 65,831.01Ly
I really hoped for new vessels and for the new opportunity to stretch it even further (of course), but the new vessels are not coming. Definitely not the vessel I was hoping for ;)

Distance from Sol

Yep, I am mostly known because of my obsession, and even more so because of the biggest Fuel Rat rescue operation to date "Beyond The Dark Edge". I thought I would never do it again, but the call to go out there, do something nobody has done before, go further than anybody has ever been being just way too strong. Expedition VIII "Zodiac" was finally a success for me and a kind of redemption after the Fuel Rat rescue. Is it possible to stretch more? Sure, I'm just not sure if there are any commanders crazy enough to do it. I have been "monitoring" the media if there are any other attempts and I came across an outstanding accomplishment of Cmdr Kabbooooom, who traveled to Semotus Beacon without a fuel scoop and managed to fly beyond another 74.1Ly. He has definitely done something nobody has ever done before. Cmdr Kabbooooom does not have a big social media presence, but he did respond to my message on Inara, unfortunately not giving me all the details, and has not responded ever since. Nevertheless, I included his run in my personal records as I try to document all of the known attempts. Will I do it again? Of course, I will. It is only a matter of time and indeed may be a matter of a "better"/bigger vessel (AKA Panther Clipper) if it ever comes to ED. For now, exploration is the key

2021-09-10 11_10_04-Window.jpg

Where do we go first?

Due to the fascinating discovery of Via Gravitatis 1, I and the crew decided to go there first and play with "the devil" of +45G gravity :) After that Zodiac would turn and travel towards Crystalline Sites to resupply minerals necessary for FSD boost. Of course, this is only possible in Horizons, so we will be switching accordingly for that activity to a different platform. After that, we take a course on Amundsen's Star from where we will start zig-zacking across the Galaxy going from nebula to nebula and POI to POI. We will be moving very slow. We are well equipped for all types of rescue operations if anybody is in need. We have good financial reserves to keep the expedition going for the next couple of years, you are not risking the situation of "Zodiac" being e.g. decommissioned. Eventually, we will be back to The Bubble, but that might take some time ;)

o7 Commanders, join us if you can!

bandicam 2021-08-09 16-52-00-066.jpg

============================================================
#EliteDangerous #EliteExploration #AllTheCloudsInTheSky #DeluvianCrew
Expedition photo-report:
Expedition "All The Clouds In The Sky"
Expedition broadcast: All The Clouds In The Sky
Expedition comms: Deluvian's Discord

Last edited:
We finally wave goodbye

EXPEDITION DAY: 1
NEXT WAYPOINT: Via Gravitatis
CREW:

COMMANDERS ON DUTY (#DeluvianCrew): Cmdr Hazard6s, Cmdr Dracomenda, Cmdr Kalidas Acoma, Cmdr Miscbs, Cmdr Dominus Autem Mors

Greetings Commanders,

So that's it, that's the day. We depart tonight at 20:30 EST on a long journey. LHL-31Z Zodiac will depart from Kehperagwe and head towards Waypoint 1: Via Gravitatis, just because everybody goes there now :) Due to time constraints, we would move tonight as far as possible, but the expected arrival is actually tomorrow based on my availability to move the carrier to the final destination of Waypoint 1. We will then park there for a day or two, to enjoy the newly discovered "Ship Killer" :)

Expedition Safety

The invitation is open for all Commanders, regardless of their experience or the fleet type they want to use for this journey. With that said, I anticipate that we can always have difficult, "emergency" situations. From my perspective: Nobody Gets Left Behind! But as we know, Fleet Carriers do not provide any tools to know, who is on or any means of even simple communication with the "passengers" (regardless of their platform).
If you want to participate, please make sure that you communicate with us, especially in case of any emergency. You do not have to "follow me" on Twitter or Twitch or even join our Discord Server. But you can always use #AllTheCloudsInTheSky to track the announcements, send an in-game message to me, or any "Commander on Duty". There will be also in-game System messages generated prior to every jump. If anybody wants to declare their help and presence, for the entire trip or just a part of it and be a part of "Commander on Duty" (can also join Delta Echo Lima Squadron DEL0), please let us know or send a request, I will include their info in the announcements.
If I have to turn around the Zodiac - I will. We can refuel, repair hulls, etc.
Let us make this adventure as safe as possible so everybody can enjoy the time in space and good sightseeing.

Expedition Progress

I am committed to jumping Zodiac at an as steady pace as possible, but due to my intense professional life, I will not be able to jump it all the time of course. Most of the jumps will happen during the evening hours of Zodiac Standard Time (US EST), but I may have a chance to jump during a different timeframe, and I would like to use this opportunity. If there will be some longer breaks, I do not know yet. It really depends on the Crew, and how interesting the area would be and maybe we will be wanting to hang out a little bit longer.

Get your ships ready, hitch a ride, see if this adventure is for you

o7 Commanders

bandicam 2021-09-12 15-17-28-356.jpg

#EliteDangerous #AllTheCloudsInTheSky #DeluvianCrew
Expedition photo-report:

Via Gravitatis

EXPEDITION DAY: 3
NEXT WAYPOINT: HIP 36601
CREW:

COMMANDERS ON DUTY (#DeluvianCrew): Cmdr Hazard6s, Cmdr Dracomenda, Cmdr Kalidas Acoma, Cmdr Miscbs, Cmdr Dominus Autem Mors

The first waypoint

Greetings Commanders,

This morning 16th Sep 33o7 at 9:14 ZST LHL-31Z Zodiac arrived at Waypoint 1: Via Gravitatis. Thanks to the amazing discovery of Cmdr Varonica, we are going to experience some very interesting maneuvers, but that is later today. Due to my professional life, the road here was a bit bumpy and we arrived one day after the original schedule.

The challenge

I have no experience landing on high gravity worlds, but I for sure will try. It might be a very interesting experience and lots of rebuys :)
I heard a lot of rumors, let's see what of it is true and what is not.

Next steps

After the crew is done with the Vessel Killer, we will be turning around and heading towards Crystalline Sites. But this will be communicated separately once confirmed with the team.

bandicam 2021-09-16 15-00-47-549_edited.jpg

Expedition photo-report:

Last edited:
Crystalline Sites

EXPEDITION DAY: 6
Crystalline Sites
NEXT WAYPOINT:
Amundsen's Star
CREW:

Via Gravitatis

The Vessel Killer was an absolutely amazing experience. I am proud to announce that without any experience on the high G worlds I managed to land there the first time with no failure. The entire glide was nerve-racking, but it was worth the experience. Some say, that the world extreme 45G does not feel at all more challenging than previously known extreme 11.2G (if I remember correctly), some even suggested that the behavior is supposed to be reported to FDev. Personally, I think that the 45G world was actually manually placed by them and is not a procedurally generated outcome. I might be wrong, so let us see how this situation develops.

bandicam 2021-09-16 21-11-12-630_edited.jpg

bandicam 2021-09-16 20-58-37-553_edited.jpg

Waypoint 2

Today at 16:36 ZST we arrived at our Waypoint 2 - Crystalline Sites, and Zodiac anchored at HIP 36601 C 5. The plan is to backfill all the G4 raw materials as well as recover our Tritium reserves. As all of this is going to take some time, we will here as long as this is needed. As we know, switching to Horizons will be necessary for the material collection. For now though, some members of the crew will go for relaxing "Lazy Mining".

Waypoint 3

As soon as all the activities in the system are concluded, we will depart towards Lyed YJ-I d9-0 also known as Amundsen's Star. As far as I know, this is still the most southern system from Sol reachable, first discovered by Cmdr Allitnil - one of my personal heroes of the Galaxy. The course we planned consists of 39 jumps that would cover the entire distance across Sanguineous Rim to the middle of Kepler's Crest. The journey will require refueling at least 4 times. Getting into the galaxy rim territory we will need all the Tritium we can have, the crew will definitely mine wherever we find a suitable location, preferably closer to the Amundsen's Star.

bandicam 2021-09-18 14-50-17-807_edited.jpg

Expedition photo-report:

Last edited:
Amundsen's Star

EXPEDITION DAY: 11
Amundsen's Star
NEXT WAYPOINT:
Sepositus Beacon
CREW:

The edge of the world

It took a little bit of effort but eventually, on Thursday 23rd Sep at 15:06 Zodiac time our carrier arrived at Amundsen's Star. Unforgettable view and always a thrill to watch the Galaxy from this angle and distance. Amundsen's Star is actually not a very big system, but it does have some very interesting features, e.g. three water worlds and one Notable Stellar Phenomena composed of Lagrange Cloud and a small population of Viride Gyre Trees (Stolon Pods). There is only one landable planet however and it does not seem to have any biological forms. This however concerns me a little as the behavior of DSS was a bit odd and I did not have a standard light blue highlighted showing me if there is anything interesting. Additionally, I realized that on this planet (Lyed YJ-I d9-0 A 2 a) there should be a couple of planetary materials that I was interested in. I drove my SRV for probably 30min and the scanner did not even blip. Maybe I should test it again today after the patch that was just deployed not so long ago, maybe it was just a temporary problem. We will see...

bandicam 2021-09-23 20-28-21-832234_edited.jpg

Waypoint 4

The most probable time of departure is around 21:00 ZST tonight. The crew should be ready and we will push another 25 jumps towards Angosk OM-W d1-0 better known as Sepositus Beacon. We are all very curious about this location as none of the crew members, including myself, has ever been there before. Yes, it is going to be another 25 fleet carrier jumps. It looks like it is just around the corner but in fact, it is 11,626 Ly from our current location. Sepositus Beacon as the name suggests sits there at the edge of The Perseus Fade like an abandoned lighthouse and with stunning 45,374 Ly is thought to be the most distant reachable system from the center of the Galaxy. Visited first in January 3302 by Cmdr Allitnil, shortly after the discovery of advanced FSD boost technology, still only reachable with fleet carrier or a ship with a massive 78.65 Ly, fully boosted jump range.
After the visit, we will jump back to Eolls Hypai II-Z d1-0 as according to all the sources we should be able to find over there some pristine reserves of Tritium. By this time our main cargo hold will probably drop below 10,000t of Tritium and we are planning to work hard for some time and replenish as much as we can. Once this is done, we will cut back towards 3 Geminorum, one of the most interesting systems in our Galaxy - but this is going to be a part of yet another update.

o7 Commanders

bandicam 2021-09-23 21-58-54-128_edited.jpg

Expedition photo-report:

Last edited:
Sepositus Beacon

EXPEDITION DAY: 12
Sepositus Beacon
NEXT WAYPOINT:
3 Geminorum
CREW:

COMMANDERS ON DUTY (#DeluvianCrew): Cmdr Hazard6s, Cmdr Dracomenda, Cmdr Kalidas Acoma (catching up), Cmdr D_Rainwater, Cmdr Dominus Autem Mors

On the shores of deep black see

It was a relatively short run as I managed to move Zodiac constantly during the weekend. We crossed the distance of 11,726.78Ly, and on day 12 of our expedition, 25th Sep 3307, at 17:22 ZST we arrived at Abandoned Lighthouse. Angosk OM-W d1-0, the tip of the southern peninsula of our world. With only one landable body, the system is not the most interesting or beautiful one to visit, but its unique location caused us all to think... what's beyond? When you stand on the planet's surface and look up, and there is nothing but dark, cold, and empty cosmos above your head - the feeling is overwhelming.

bandicam 2021-09-25 21-22-39-281.jpg

bandicam 2021-09-25 21-26-22-736.jpg

It's time to backfill

I plotted our course towards 3 Geminorum. I knew it was going to be a long, long way but I did not know exactly how far it was going to be. 43 fleet carrier's jumps with the straight line distance similar to Sol-Colonia trip of 20,198.96Ly... we need fuel. We are still carrying around 9500t, but with an area like this, where the systems are really sparse, the chances to hit a hot spot are slim. I did not want to risk moving too far and after we turned around, Cmdr Dracomenda and I started scouting for a proper mining location. It was a surprise that after one jump towards 3 Geminorum, roughly 500Ly, Dracomenda was lucky to find a ringed gas giant with two Tritium hotspots at Ooscs Aewsy BT-U d2-1 C 1, whooping 486,822Ls away from the main star. Here is where we need to dwell for some time and recoup almost 10,000t of Tritium. The mining goes slow but with help of Commanders: Dracomenda, Hazard6s, and D_Rainwater we should be able to recover after a couple of days.
We all wish, that exploration trips using Fleet Carriers do not turn into mining trips, but it is what it is. As the Tritium market price stabilized at avg. Cr50K and the material is no longer an abnormal trading boost for some, we really hope that there will be a time for FDev to work a bit on the yield itself. Now, still at the very beginning of our journey, I am worried about the morale of our crew. We have already burned 9,878t and you can imagine how many hours of hard work that is, to be able to move forward into the unknown. I know, I can always count on my crew, but this is definitely going to take a toll on all of us. We all know that our universe has more important problems to be solved, but we still have hope that exploration with Fleet Carriers could be more appealing. Enough ranting... time to work, nobody is going to do it for us :)
The good news is, that Cmdr Kalidas Acoma, who for unknown reason got left behind in The Bubble is already on his way to support the crew... he still needs to cross almost entire Kepler's Crest to get to our location, but he will get there.

bandicam 2021-09-26 11-38-27-072.jpg

Nothing is impossible with a great crew! It is just sometimes a bit overwhelming. We are all keen to visit 3 Geminorum and later on move towards our first "cloud in the sky" type target - Spongou Nebula

o7 Commanders

Expedition photo-report:

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed updates, I enjoy reading them o7
It is hard work to get around the Milky Way, it‘s either space madness when FSD-jumping or mining madness with a fleet carrier, it seems 😉 On the Comfy Canonn Cruise we try to find overlapping Tritium hotspots, it‘s worth searching around to get mining done faster in the end. There‘s a list in the CMDRs Toolbox, but of course there are many more, one just has to find them.

There‘s a list in the CMDRs Toolbox, but of course there are many more, one just has to find them.

Thank you, Commander. I will definitely have a look, especially if we could contribute to that knowledge that'd be great. So far everything is automatically exported to EDDN, Inara, EDSM, etc., but I think the information about the hotspots has to be entered manually... or?

It is for overlaps thou... is it ok, if we report just hotspots?
I think only overlapping ones, as the form is called "Tritium Overlap Report". Single Tritium hotspots are abundant from my experience, so only overlapping ones are really special. Not every overlap is really a win, but most make mining much easier.

3 Geminorum

EXPEDITION DAY: 31
3 Geminorum
NEXT WAYPOINT: Spongou Nebula
CREW:

Cmdr Ellentar - Security & Rescue, Logistics [left accidentally behind in The Bubble]
COMMANDERS ON DUTY (#DeluvianCrew): Cmdr Hazard6s, Cmdr Dracomenda, Cmdr Kalidas Acoma, Cmdr D_Rainwater, Cmdr Dominus Autem Mors

Tritium, the precious jewel

Backfilling more than 9000t of Tritium was not an easy task. It is one thing that we are all busy in real life, and we did not have enough time to mine frequently. And do not get me wrong - of course, I knew, that would be difficult. Still just wanted to raise my voice about Tritium yields. It does require a buff and I think that the time is right. Nobody mines Tritium anymore for commercial purposes, nobody actually trades Tritium, unless in a special location where some Commanders still try to make some money feeding on desperate Fleet Carrier owners. The price stabilized across the Galaxy and is no longer such a market loophole as it used to be with 150-200% possible markups. I might be wrong, but the only people who mine Tritium are the crews traveling across the Galaxy with their Fleet Carriers. If the group is bigger, not such a big issue... but in general - mining Tritium these days is just excruciating. My average yield is 100-120t using 230 limpets.. (laser mining only, sometimes almost 200t with subsurface included but it is tedious). This is not how any of the laser mining used to be. @FDev, please help us to make FC expeditions more appealing and make them actual exploration, not just mining expeditions...

bandicam 2021-10-07 21-50-53-122.jpg

I had a dream...

I woke up one day and I heard a heavy breathing sound coming from my living room, my mind was still half asleep but I realized that this was a sound of the Life Support. "Let it blow, I am not getting up". I thought. Slowly adjusting to sunlight I realized that I must have left my vessel in the mining spot... "Wait, there must be some Tritium on board"... I jumped and managed to synthesize oxygen just a few minutes before the inevitable. Luckily, I have been using my old "military" Corvette for mining for quite some time and this one has a really good, "A" rated, 25 min Life Support. 120t - not much, but precious as every ton we brought to the mother ship. No issue, I will engage my secondary character - Cmder Ellentar (my personal Fuel Rat), and get it all squared away. A few minutes later I came to the realization that Ellentar is floating in space of some random system in the Bubble... how did this happen, I had no idea. I knew I would not make more jokes about Cmdr Kalidas Acoma left behind. Eventually, After sending the distress signal on our Comms, Cmdr Dracomenda gained a "Refueled Deluvian" badge of honor and all went back to "normal"...

bandicam 2021-10-09 10-08-56-135.jpg

Another star faded away...

Just wanted to share... On Friday, the 1st Oct the star of my dear friend Brad faded... He lost his battle with Lymphoma. Even if not a commander, just wanted to honor his memory somehow as his passing had a big influence on me. Life goes on, but it would not be the same anymore... o7 Brad!

3 Geminorum

Another good run and the 41 jumps covered within 1.5 days. Luckily traveling with a Fleet Carrier is at least very efficient. Yesterday night, at 22:23 ZST LHL-31Z Zodiac reached our Waypoint 5 - 3 Geminorum... What a treat.

o7 Commanders

bandicam 2021-10-15 11-20-42-068.jpg

Expedition photo-report:

I can confirm mining Tritium is tedious, if not at overlapping hotspots, and even then it takes effort. Maybe FDev doesn‘t want to let the Milky Way shrink even more. I wouldn‘t mind a big buff on yields, though, either;)

If not a big one, I would love to bring at least the same tonnage as the number of limpets being used. The ratio 120/230 even on a good RNG is really punishing... all this of course on a single hotspot. You need to be very lucky to find overlaps in Kepler's Crest or Formidine Rift

o7

Spongou Nebula

EXPEDITION DAY: 78
Spongou Nebula
OBJECTIVES COMPLETED: 1
NEXT WAYPOINT: IC 5217
CREW:

COMMANDERS ON DUTY (#DeluvianCrew): Cmdr Hazard6s, Cmdr Dracomenda, Cmdr Kalidas Acoma, Cmdr D_Rainwater, Cmdr Dominus Autem Mors

Forgotten crew

I am guessing you forgot about us already. I do have to admit it is justified as we did not make much progress... well relatively of course, because after 78 days of the expedition we did traverse around 50 thousand light-years.
Against all odds on 30th November at 20:16 Zodiac Time, we reached Spongou Nebula. Stunning view, and a bit scary first entry as there is a good chance you are going to hit the Exclusion Zone of the Black Hole that is the central object of the system. The purple haze fills up the system and the skybox is really pretty. We are going to stay here till tonight... at least. Due to technical problems, Commander Dracomenda was not able to participate in our latest activities, and because for us, he is a key member of this expedition we are trying to give him a chance to "look outside the window" and enjoy the view.

bandicam 2021-11-30 20-32-30-283.jpg

Mining Odyssey

If I write here anything more about mining (especially the drop rate) it is going to be just another rant, so let me tell you this: looks like Commander Hazard6s found a feasible way to get mining to the next level and ensure much faster collection of Tritium. Not sure if the theory makes sense, but indeed it is a much faster method. So... pretty simple: 2 ships, one is just prospecting but also burning/extracting their "piece of the pie". The second ship is burning/extracting and quickly collecting the yield from both vessels. You can imaging that adding the third ship that is originally just burning/extracting adds another load of Tritium that can be collected by vessel #2. Later on, you can switch the collecting vessels. Is it something new? Well, it was new for me and it helped us significantly to backfill our resources. If it helps any of you - even better. Commander Hazard6s is our main technical engineer and he is a really "smart cookie" :)

bandicam 2021-10-07 21-50-54-115.jpg

Where next

I have to admit that my original plan was to go from here straight to Star One but after reviewing the galaxy maps with all nebulae I think that the better idea is to traverse the actual Rift and head back towards IC 5217 and of course subsequently visit all the other nebulae much closer to the Bubble - all south from the Orion Line (coordinate "0"). That means also that very soon Zodiac will be again in the Bubble area, which presents a nice opportunity for commanders who would like to join our expedition now. Everybody is welcome of course.

2021-12-02 11_46_32-bandicam 2021-12-02 11-44-28-000.png ‎- Photos.jpg

Hutton Orbital

Hutton??? What is this guy talking about now?? Well, that is something I should have said already a long time ago but due to long "inactivity" I just simply have not had a chance.
We (Expedition All The Clouds In The Sky) are honored to be featured on Huttor Orbital Trucker's weekly live feed. Awesome group of Elite devoted individuals with a really nice sense of humor (especially if you like Monty Python). Hutton Orbital Truckers have been with Elite for a very long time and are definitely known in some circles. If you want your adventure to be featured, I would suggest, get in touch with Commander Flossy or Palantir. Big thank you from the Zodiac crew, we are looking forward to maintaining that pretty enjoyable cooperation

bandicam 2021-12-02 12-09-33-665.jpg

You should hear from us way more frequently, especially when we will be closer to The Bubble where there are tons of nebulae that we still mean to visit. Stay tuned Commanders

o7

bandicam 2021-11-29 05-02-15-794.jpg

bandicam 2021-11-30 21-38-40-519.jpg

Expedition photo-report:

Last edited:
IC 5217

EXPEDITION DAY: 88
IC 5217
OBJECTIVES COMPLETED: 2
NEXT WAYPOINT: NGC 7538
CREW:

COMMANDERS ON DUTY (#DeluvianCrew): Cmdr Hazard6s, Cmdr Dracomenda, Cmdr Kalidas Acoma, Cmdr D_Rainwater

Waypoint 7

As we are getting back to the civilized part of the Galaxy our messages will be definitely more frequent. Fewer stories though, as there is not even enough time for some crazy things to happen - all for the best and success of the "All The Clouds In The Sky" expedition. I pushed on Friday and successfully at 22:19 12/10/33o7 ZST(expedition day 88) our carrier entered Csi+50-22218, which is a single lonely system inside another little planetary nebula known as IC 5217. That tiny thing must have been missed by many, as you really need to pay attention to find it on the Galaxy map.

bandicam 2021-12-10 22-14-05-563.jpg

It is motivating and for sure now, at least for some time, things will go much quicker. There are plenty of nebulae to visit in this region and the next one is just 5 carrier jumps away. That is currently the anticipation, I will do some preparation and probably even move a bit earlier so we can enter NGC 7538 during our standard Tuesday online transmission. Keep in mind that we will be moving quickly only for some time as we are going through all of our Tritium reserves without mining. I think I will "refuel" at one of the deep-space ports, provided they are going to have Tritium in a reasonable price and quantity so the crew does not have to mine for hours and days to move forward. It is however inevitable that the time of excessive mining will come.

bandicam 2021-12-10 22-17-04-884.jpg

bandicam 2021-12-10 22-35-32-558.jpg

bandicam 2021-12-10 22-45-23-864.jpg

2021-12-13 17_40_20-bandicam 2021-12-02 11-44-28-000.png ‎- Photos.jpg

In the meanwhile on the other side of the Galaxy, far, far away...

As you probably noticed based on Long Distance from Sol Attempt thread, our friend - Cmdr Enchantmen attempts to beat the current record 65,831.01Ly away from Sol. Commander joined our Discord and ever since my crew and I were looking forward to any news as we anticipated that he was already traveling for the last 2 months. Cmdr Enchantmen disappeared for quite some time which was disturbing. Finally, I poked him on Discord, and to our surprise, he reported that he has not even started the journey yet. In his own words, he described the fact that he was not sure or maybe confident enough to start the run. I am not sure what actually helped, but I am thrilled (and scared at the same time) to see that he finally put his plan in motion.

sMBtFgJ.jpg

I am looking forward to seeing that he is successful, then that he comes back safely, and of course to see what the new result is going to look like and if it even makes sense to try stretching it again later on...

Best of luck Commander and watch that current jump range value on your instruments like a hawk

o7

Expedition photo-report:

Last edited:
NGC 7538

EXPEDITION DAY: 92
NGC 7538
OBJECTIVES COMPLETED: 3
NEXT WAYPOINT: Bubble Nebula
CREW:

COMMANDERS ON DUTY (#DeluvianCrew): Cmdr Hazard6s, Cmdr Dracomenda, Cmdr Kalidas Acoma, Cmdr D_Rainwater

Waypoint 8

Tonight on 15th Dec 33o7 at 22:17 ZST Zodiac cleared the hyperspace jump and entered NGC 7538 Sector PD-S b4-1 system, the central one in NGC 7538 nebula. The 3rd expedition objective was completed. I scouted the area and visited all the systems inside of the cloud as well as a few outsides to get a better close-up view of the objective. NGC 7238 is not a very big one, still the first "real cloud" on our way. The sky is not as intensely filled with colors as we experienced visiting the small, planetary nebulae before. Of course, I looked for the rings, explicitly icy rings... could not find anything but a few single Tritium hotspots - not the greatest area for mining if anybody wanted to refuel here, still better than mining just cold and empty rings. I made a couple of test landings and a bit of surface scouting. I have to admit that some of the views were pretty stunning. All of this simply reminded me how exploration is important for me and how much fun I have seeing new places and discovering things that maybe, just maybe, nobody has ever seen before.

bandicam 2021-12-14 22-52-56-527.jpg

bandicam 2021-12-14 22-42-06-457.jpg

bandicam 2021-12-14 23-43-30-454.jpg

bandicam 2021-12-14 23-51-30-949.jpg

2021-12-15 02_26_51-bandicam 2021-12-15 01-02-59-764.png ‎- Photos.jpg

On Thursday we should have another quick run and again after 4 jumps we should reach a small but quite unique Bubble Nebula. Because of the fact that this one is also pretty small, we will not stick around for long. Probably the next day, we would start pushing forward towards our next waypoint but this is a story for another day.

bandicam 2021-12-15 00-11-05-106.jpg

bandicam 2021-12-15 00-25-50-368.jpg

Cat's Eye

After visiting Heart & Soul Nebulae the plan is to loop back and move in a general direction of Elephant's Trunk Nebula. We are still talking about a few waypoints and a couple of thousand light-years of travel... My mind is however already preoccupied with one crazy idea. High above Elephant's Trunk, visible in the sky you can find Cat's Eye Nebula. Either by mistake or intentionally, this beautiful cloud does not contain a single system to jump to... If you look on EDSM map, it is not even registered, which is quite understandable as no one can actually "log" it as discovery. But is this really impossible to get there? Those who know me a bit better probably already know what I am thinking about. It is hard to judge using the Galaxy Map what is the actual distance between the nebula and the nearest system... seems close enough for me, well at least close enough for my long-distance cruising Cutter D-3303 "Persera"... yes, I think, if anybody is crazy enough to try that, it is definitely me. I think we will get to BD+66 1066 system and see if it even makes sense to try... Of course, there is an issue with instancing, but I am still willing to try and see if I could get there, or at least close enough to take some nice close-up pictures ;)

bandicam 2021-12-15 02-14-37-495.jpg

Ain't she pretty?

o7

Expedition photo-report:

Top Bottom