Expedition VI: The Longest Journey

Cmdr Highwaywarrior of The Fuel Rats reporting for duty!

I am so grateful.. we'd need at least one more volunteer (safer: probably two more), depends which type of ships will be used.. I will share my experiences and observations off this thread

if this goes through, it would be one of the most spectacular rescue missions I have ever heard of :)

I am so grateful.. we'd need at least one more volunteer (safer: probably two more), depends which type of ships will be used.. I will share my experiences and observations off this thread

if this goes through, it would be one of the most spectacular rescue missions I have ever heard of :)

I'd do three. First Rat would top off the other two after roughly they all have used something around 25% of their tanks, then would warp out. The remaining two would go until about 40% of their fuel was burned, one would again top off the final rat and hopefully with a full tank at that point the last Rat would be able to reach you with fuel to spare.

Knowing the Rats though, if it was a choice of getting you out or them, they'd get you your fuel.

o7 Rats!

Last edited:
This sort of thing is incredibly uplifting to read :)

I had a feeling the Fuel Rats would relish the challenge - what a great bunch of people to have at your back!

Honestly.. I have a hard time to believe that this is happening.. feeling like the happiest idiot in the universe :)

quick questions, but.....

are you still there
are you on Xbox
and are you happy to be picked up say 1st of Feb(ish)?

i have enough fuel to get to you but then becomes the problem of transferring it, so it would mean leaving with 838T of fuel and i reckon i can get 67,790 on that and still get both of us out.

let me know happy to assist.

Last edited:
quick questions, but.....

are you still there
are you on Xbox
and are you happy to be picked up say 1st of Feb(ish)?

i have enough fuel to get to you but then becomes the problem of transferring it, so it would mean leaving with 838T of fuel and i reckon i can get 67,790 on that and still get both of us out.

let me know happy to assist.

I am very much so here..
No, I am on PC

I am happy to be rescued by any means necessary.. although without transfer limpets.. you know.

I reached out finally to The Fuel Rats last night.. and they are assembling the rescue team.. Just realized, the most experience one.. Cmdr Highwaywarrior was there to rescue Cmdr Persera last year...
I am really lucky

I am very much so here..
No, I am on PC

I am happy to be rescued by any means necessary.. although without transfer limpets.. you know.

I reached out finally to The Fuel Rats last night.. and they are assembling the rescue team.. Just realized, the most experience one.. Cmdr Highwaywarrior was there to rescue Cmdr Persera last year...
I am really lucky

I will have to bow out to the Rats then as I'm on Xbox.

Congrats on getting 65,788! so close to 800, i hope i didn't push you to take that extra sip of fuel ;o

I will have to bow out to the Rats then as I'm on Xbox.

Congrats on getting 65,788! so close to 800, i hope i didn't push you to take that extra sip of fuel ;o

no you didn't.. my stupidity did.. I knew already, I could not beat you.. I was so close to 141Ly though that I kept on going while observing my instruments. Few hours more and done.. and then the reserve sipped one more time, current jump range dropped drastically.. I knew it was bad.. engaged the FSD.. and....

xFLVUGQ1Qo0gzaIhnLqEXvfN2QgC6nTs08-gHbIQhcp4ovuUWyyRmhga2lDGvVYcpnlWW5IVY81lSHl80QHanQwPomlbt1KwjsyNMOrDUjSEjcE8IleqkIQvxsIBtg3yftmj9pfOgG3ynNyCL2tV5TUjGuH8MVtTq7ythQz4sRD3vXRdpryI8ZHVBG3Qa0CrdqIVLWcWqVtZPHUjU-xvoB1iYfMk5SpSdhokcCGq1WZNeDaFitjIvITA8TxSUEUn_r_O0Ict3j-7Ghc6CSHX6je320E8eJn6E9-zdugLG0HhUcGp5E8BpMeDmmL1WnYJYs-TG5SvkYNIpBYp6NgUGSsLbqnY3lMB_NLsr1S0AxAazNGvyYI75O-L30h8gS68pOOobiYlwntvlR_0gQxa3Ntk4BE3GdQouauWzjRopwemgxtFQXgbhHlJztyKiqeG87DgCHJz4oaXzO7CzY-DM9tA23cUj9hlzTIcyAzEOwfEpVCTHe8D3198u6Yi2VjBparulM9C_y81Gn7J9ARMtFPqxeFD4BIEnExBV5uPTwAVpOJBsoKbCZDli8yR8L-oRPM0JO4XcHid0RPZW3dTuyxC-dAIOMeQfu3Ur3xLlnu28mBRhRxcDxMeLwYu7NLtSK-RaxwtPVEQrFKYgLSPsXqqkx7nLn-yd0ygd-7zliWKfhYPJC7RE4aVqJKDF2rlSQ1OExSEt-_FzrZm6g=w1920-h804-no

CMDR Deluvian, couple quick things... make sure to share your fuel consumption numbers with the rats asap as they are going to need to be as close to your numbers as they can.

Also the above numbers I gave were just conservative estimates. The ideal situation would involve the Rats topping off completely the remaining Rats, leaving themselves just enough to jump out. There will definitely be some math involved to see how close they can cut it.

Hopefully this will all work out and everyone will be able to warp home, but I'd suggest pre-ordering a few Cutters full of Lavian Brandy for the Rats in case one has to fly back in an escape pod. =D

CMDR Deluvian, couple quick things... make sure to share your fuel consumption numbers with the rats asap as they are going to need to be as close to your numbers as they can.

Also the above numbers I gave were just conservative estimates. The ideal situation would involve the Rats topping off completely the remaining Rats, leaving themselves just enough to jump out. There will definitely be some math involved to see how close they can cut it.

Hopefully this will all work out and everyone will be able to warp home, but I'd suggest pre-ordering a few Cutters full of Lavian Brandy for the Rats in case one has to fly back in an escape pod. =D

Done already Sir..

I shared with Cmdr Highwaywarrior and Cmdr Idianeira all the details of my builds, experience of all record attempts from last year.. all the things I know how to get that far

Also some updates about my current situation

I am still thinking that just 2 Anacondas is not enough.. here is the best example of really well build Anacondas falling short 20Ly from my distance

Last edited:
Done already Sir..

I shared with Cmdr Highwaywarrior and Cmdr Idianeira all the details of my builds, experience of all record attempts from last year.. all the things I know how to get that far

Also some updates about my current situation

I am still thinking that just 2 Anacondas is not enough.. here is the best example of really well build Anacondas falling short 20Ly from my distance

Yep, three or more are needed. If they can do Flying Gas Can Cutter builds the safety margins will be higher... but ugh at the thought of using a 2A scoop all the way to Beagle. *shudder*

... ok, I will be off the grid for the next couple of days.. I should be back around Sunday or Monday evening at the latest and check the case status or in general if anything is expected/required from me

thank you again for the hope..

o7 Commanders

Last edited:
It's been great to watch all the rats feverishly try to work out a plan! Even more exciting to see it becoming a genuine possibility!

Definitely was a new one for me when I saw that coming in!
May the mischief be with you and good luck. Look forward to sharing a snickers with you when you're back o7

Top Bottom