Expedition VI: The Longest Journey

Mission Update at +390:20:00 Mission Time

- All Rats conducting the rescue (2 Pairs of Rats) are in system (each pair is a rescue ship and a tanker)
- CMDR Highwaywarrior is at the refuel point, waiting for CMDR Numerlor's arrival approximately 38 LY from the Star
- CMDRs Veristhea and Idianeira are heading towards their refuel point approimxately 27LY from the Star. CMDR Veristhea will be topped off again by CMDR Numerlor later on
- We'll be conducting a bearing check later today with CMDR Deluvian Reyes Cruz. We anticipate that CMDR Deluvian has fuel for no more than 11 bearing checks. At the distances involved even the slightest bearing error can result in being LYs away
- Yesterday there was a recheck of jumponium to ensure all Rats could return. Additional Germanium was mined by CMDR Falcon JSDF, the Mission Support Ship

So far:
- We've had 2 computers decide that they wanted no part of this whole thing, requiring replacement of hardware and/or software :)
- One Rat forgot to turn their fuel scoop back on, almost turning into their own client
- Rats in system have gone through 2 weekly server maintenance restarts and 1 server hot fix

Day 98 - Beyond The Dark Edge - 65,788.34Ly from Sol

Getting ready for the beacon check.. I am so glad reading all the Rat reports that even with some hiccups, everything is going quite well so far.. As my duty calls again today, we will try to accomplish it before 16:00 Sol time

Current "ratstat":
-XyM70BZrF4v_nRs2eDgE4ZIFLMSrE2GhEDc7yqgjaX14SAk-S6XbybIvP0QNmLcIlhvz5arhlbE9N2W85ehKmR7EGgrtcU-eoBorOPqzfaoM-gYkD7DZ4Wv25fLZ9jl11UwdEwnE5a6oqWtLZ286q4_raZqPdI44Yp83G5q7Fd0nzee7Mngrb-I0-SsLkoiEHjQ_mTWA6EoG6CagXvctZVwwXebQHIWkMXFQfsWBRJsSpYDoaguBEGXRBJHUTA7otOVSiU9TgwtGWjbWKu9F9RJQNhZSbhOZAvEheS6GD9CoNjESDxWiPbkF0DMMF_kUY09Cp68xSPpIHnfHUKeAkSBKxBu1Wfl_8nXFKLCVH1cmJ36TCvolQOWH21wjZvrcKMChaz6ImZGcczixZbn87b67I0hg5NKqnjdg-f3pzzN8MqvfYFRupXPA5-gx7J171TfB5FcgmxML21swi5LMzpzMG7YlQYIqCAC6MRBpm2jnQuuz3dvPgNDfPfNopytwGNOcdPBX2b7T1dcftuyEPe69sVzdWTRXZNN15efuO2jeMTy9zkm9Tq741Ig_v4ohQmKzBmvibiAuErs5yeavFp2N0mVpA6PXZ0feAGmezawFXgitiaR4OStUtCMPTMfFKfth-Cip92etd7Imc2Qf20RuEqVs1k-uwNdC1W67g0K5g67T6NoRqxC1R5iGAQpqqaVnOVYayjUtQyxFA=w699-h167-no

Cmdr Highwaywarrior cockpit view
Cmdr Veristhea cockpit view
Cmdr Deluvian cockpit view

58 days stranded in the void.. but there is hope. Cmdr Highwaywarrior had a deviation of 0.4Ly on his bearing. That is really not too much considering the distances. I will discuss this with The Crew but I'd suggest that we skip some bearings checks now until they are like 20Ly away from my location.. just to play it safe. Let's see what CrunchyBaton would say to that.. It is however up to them how the rescue operation should continue.

I am so happy...

Current "ratstat":
BA0QGMjL2T2F9b03pNf517oFlbFPJDKe0fr3SUr8G3ElhcmDNTa1hojJ3VXwicN5fd7uavKXYNZiTjfncWfhQNRwbKvg9qKHaof8_lFZZ1CZr4vjMXzpMbfOx3MiBx0ud9Ot_F-yol_nZ2T8Ye6rgvyw-822FkkGLTziRjnS9jm26YhifQxM8Ur6acxd6gozW5hqrh6LpV6LWNgeT4mw56OSZiDt0Rh9YzlMOiNzrUXq0vptwrv0J9VJ-S2URdivV2KBlO2X_rNhhJOaDDkltZeXg3yjDJr2JROfRgLdxO1Lt0m_XcN75EcfGRaA-SI8_xsvX2nmljJ5bfrBSiAnyLxPQeBSYuepFtB-dLKVIMwJk4IgJTc4ooRHL6Jv-82PDCT3uxFUXf5sR-d2nGfe3WvgcQbKZqiJh9OUHVIVK1Kz-WL7UjbKOim9qkj6CkfW-cXZlQlunR_Crz9N00EPvwwhBV5UpLq1g86k-wmEgueoxSNMRW-SaWqZh0e6e3oSof-N14w_FUIusfdQgAytNMA_mldyqS5CSo4Z1RgnhJkT6HbjOkM-CZTmMIS-1LntR2RepCfs2_q94rizmGhFr-go_NV-tgSQzX0YxFMFdJVlJZxgtCLtNErxfFLk-C3AIxdNELzHWKTZIGYqPhXZfv3PFAlPXmQ84-zK6Ssya8GWVLdfVN8d6Td8D3tF0f4FTZBstJLiQ-5_3ttL7g=w693-h161-no

Last edited:
Commander, your role is as significant as any other member of this magnificent rescue crew.. and I am not even talking about all 5 of you piloting the fuel cans.. I am talking about everybody (especially Crunchy) who planned/participated in this operation.. Let us just have patience and be successful, myself waiting for this of course more than anybody else.. but I am not the only one

Fuel Rats.. here is what you truly deserve:

I agree, every rat involved is just as important as the others. We are a collective of mad wonderful idiots. The Fuel RatS, a plural, never a singular. Hats off again to everyone involved.

Also being rats I'm sure they'd appropriate a few snickers bars instead of a shiny coin. Don't ask why, just trust me they will.

Good luck all and I'm enjoying seeing how this epic unfolds o7

At 21:55(UTC) 21 Jan 3305 the rendezvous with myself and Cmdr Numerlor, my refueller took place 38.7 light years from the main star. In all 242 fuel limpets were fired by him. My fuel tank is now full at 768T.

We are now awaiting the arrival of Cmdr Veristhea at our location where she will have her tanks topped up by Cmdr Numerlor after her refuelling with Cmdr Idianeira further back from us.

Myself and Cmdr Veristhea will then proceed onwards to Cmdr Deluvian to carry out the rescue while our heroic tanker refuellers jump out of the system and head homeward.

We still have 101ly to go - which equates to 460hrs flying time in super cruise to reach him.

So far, we are exactly where Cmdr Crunchybaton's calculations say we should be, and while we still have a long way to go and have a few more bearing checks to conduct with Cmdr Deluvian, I'm totally confident that we'll get him out of here and back home again.

Cmdr Falcon JSDF remains at the main star of the system we jump out to - ready to harvest any additional materials that Cmdr Deluvian may require for jumponium boosts.

On a personal note, I couldn't be more proud of the achievements we have already made and I couldn't be more proud to be a part of the Fuel Rats. We're making history and we're doing it with poise, precision and style!

Now, where did I put my Snickers....

Cmdr Highwaywarrior

"Name":"iron", "Count":300 }, { "Name":"nickel", "Count":300 }

I will be fine if the formula has not change since I am out for quite some time.. I pack full most important mats before any travel..

That awful moment when, after you've got breakfast and the daily necessities done and you sit down at the PC to find your connection to the server was lost during the night and you've subsequently lost 6 hours flight time. Very frustrating but we continue on as we approach the 3ly mark.

Cmdr Highwaywarrior

you can blame all of that on us over here on DW2 lol.. 8000+ people jumping at the same time made servers go down globally..

"Name":"iron", "Count":300 }, { "Name":"nickel", "Count":300 }

I will be fine if the formula has not change since I am out for quite some time.. I pack full most important mats before any travel..

You're golden. =)

EDIT: Btw... have the Rats considered having two or three Cutter Tankers permanently positioned at Semotus Beacon? It could be useful given the number of attempts people are trying these days? ;)

Last edited:
You're golden. =) EDIT: Btw... have the Rats considered having two or three Cutter Tankers permanently positioned at Semotus Beacon? It could be useful given the number of attempts people are trying these days? ;)
Cmdr Highwaywarrior and I already had that discussion ;)

You're golden. =)

EDIT: Btw... have the Rats considered having two or three Cutter Tankers permanently positioned at Semotus Beacon? It could be useful given the number of attempts people are trying these days? ;)

I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand, it kind of makes sense. On the other hand, it's almost giving carte blanche to others to give it a try without properly prepping & planning first on the basis that "A rat isn't far away if it all goes wrong". In actual fact (and I don't begrudge one second of it on this current rescue) doing this again, isn't really something I might have the opportunity to do and places something of a burden on me to be on hand to spend weeks at a time on a rescue mission. On the flip side, I could always just say no or not volunteer!

So, in short, I don't know if it's a good idea or not!

Cmdr Highwaywarrior

Day 104 - Beyond The Dark Edge - 65,788.34Ly from Sol

64 days in the dark.. everybody's asking: is it done, are you rescued.. is everybody safe? It is truly hard to explain or rather hard for them to comprehend how big distances and timelines we are actually talking about..
The current situation has not changed much.. we have Cmdr Falcon JSDF in position (roaming around Oevasy RG-Y d0 - The Escape System), Cmdr Numerlor and Cmdr Highwaywarrior in a holding pattern 38.7Ly beyond Semotus Beacon at the refueling point, where couple of days ago Cmdr Numerlor used 242 limpets to top the tanks of Cmdr Highwaywarrior's Cutter. Cmdr Veristhea is waiting at 28.7Ly mark for Cmdr Idianeira to catch up and refuel Veristhea's Cutter. Later on she would move to the main refueling point where the tanks will be topped and both Veristhea and Highwaywarrior would begin the longest cruise in the history of rescue operations.. to 141.3Ly where DEL-13 Soledad is floating aimlessly with all of the modules turned off waiting for few tones of fuel to be able to jump to Oevasy RG-Y d0..

There is still a lot to happen, a lot that could go wrong.. long hours of tremendous pressure and tention.. is this all going to work??

sAHJDkdUY_diW9bCuwUJ7IINKq5HgXEj2W2arBaJ4nqz_vKCiEPmC5mwfkhwFRAl3u3IZPmvY875xvUyxOQGp5CQCK1qje5svXLDQtxkMBxanem_mfpsHnE_9LWQ8nmx8AyEpwZ00MeapU50TfmMke7XYPU5RsGEMa4g7oO7S9L6oa_i0yM9vxmTcI7YYGaf2_2YOwRLxFSfReioPeL014P8uzA92dZzL7WvfjsDzKn25UUXtmE4_IeJwP2p2wpT8K93qNr52l88uF0JaBbzlj_sTpfime0iNCKCRVFE3bsl_FslITUr9yg9z7_MfSEkaRD3xtLshX0k_nP267vz9qYc_urgO2FWJ7M84VbpM6x9tz76EAeoEnrkf0mkqx8bCDNak9-JynGgcCqwrAhVOBHLiOc5kKV8s9dNU7Sbz12hnjhIr5I5GKHyUZTZQk1sayTvYin9zGVJdPTEGC-hATiOTEbIQo_kzi6IoSD3zNVDXdq4-eXMyYxjjfNENIB3i7RTc6LXQS4iRtHBVkz_R2ye7QbzmkF8cYD25MrLbTM4-w7QyCFjNipTI6mgm6--fnZtqBiT6ZtajL5jZuODTaLUPv_xRjc0zu2St_DXfeahkoJQNEEPmJtsHp_QqCpjdQEmCKChmzg8k_IdwfYZKeDeaW6C1zzKs28M6-qHgjX0x_jYP2GntabtgkvIFwvNfsT-5Ty_QoJj-wwy2Q=w1280-h720-no

Last edited:
Quick update on my situation:

I departed from Oevasy SG-Y d0 on Tuesday, 22. January 3305. After 4 days of almost continuous flight time (Damn you server maintenance!), I am currently 16.5 ly away from the main star. At this rate, i should arrive at Veristhea's location in around 3 to 4 days time, which would be either next tuesday or next wednesday.

-Cmdr Idianeira

Mission update 31 January 3305 09:30 (UTC)

In anticipation of the imminent arrival of Cmdr Veristhea I have commenced a system start-up. All non-essential systems are offline and my wing beacon is active. Current fuel usage is 0.05t/hr. Fuel reserves are 768t and the ship is in good shape to complete this mission.

460 hours flying time in supercruise awaits us once Cmdr Veristhea has been refuelled and on a personal note, I can't wait to liberate Cmdr Deluvian from his incarceration in The Void.

As usual, once we are under way, I will be live-streaming on Twitch at www.twitch.com/highwaywarrior so please feel free to drop by, have a chat and watch the biggest rescue in the history of Elite Dangerous. Your support really helps to keep us going.

Cmdr Highwaywarrior

Mission update 31 January 3305 09:30 (UTC)

In anticipation of the imminent arrival of Cmdr Veristhea I have commenced a system start-up. All non-essential systems are offline and my wing beacon is active. Current fuel usage is 0.05t/hr. Fuel reserves are 768t and the ship is in good shape to complete this mission.

460 hours flying time in supercruise awaits us once Cmdr Veristhea has been refuelled and on a personal note, I can't wait to liberate Cmdr Deluvian from his incarceration in The Void.

As usual, once we are under way, I will be live-streaming on Twitch at www.twitch.com/highwaywarrior so please feel free to drop by, have a chat and watch the biggest rescue in the history of Elite Dangerous. Your support really helps to keep us going.

Cmdr Highwaywarrior

Any rough ETA on when the rescue is likely to start taking place?

Top Bottom