Experimental Equipment/Weapons

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Welcome to the Experimental Equipment/Weapons thread.

Equipment

Xeno Scanner - takes up a Utility Slot. It has a range of 500m and allows you to see the subsystems of the Thargoid Interceptor.
Shutdown Field Neutraliser - takes up a Utility Slot. It has a range of 3Km and protects you from the shutdown attack of the Thargoid Interceptor.

Weapons

AX Missile Rack - Class 2 weapon and is either Turreted or Fixed.
AX Multi-Cannon - Class 2 weapon and is either Turreted or Fixed.
AX Remote Release Flak Launcher - Class 2 weapon and is either Turreted or Fixed.

They can be purchased at any military, high-tech, and industrial planetary bases.

A few locations:

HR 1185 - Ceres Tarn
Hyldekagati - Chaudhary Silo
Merope - Alcazar's Hope
Obambivas - Renenbellot Installation

Last edited:
So we're moving onto MCs. Well im glad we're going to have a variety of weapons but does anyone know if/when are we going to get the size 3 AX missiles? It just feels that now that we're moving onto another weapon system, we're done with the missiles.

So we're moving onto MCs. Well im glad we're going to have a variety of weapons but does anyone know if/when are we going to get the size 3 AX missiles? It just feels that now that we're moving onto another weapon system, we're done with the missiles.
I think we didn’t do enough in the CG to unlock larger AX missile types.

Global rewards dont mention which weapons are unlocked, only where they're available. Be pretty bonk if they've hidden that sort of info! Think they'd learn after the class 4 weapons fiasco when 1.6/2.1 dropped
Hoping that the higher class and seeker/gimballed variants become available as the weeks pass.

Has anyone tried the turreted versions yet? If so what is their accuracy like?

I'm wondering if they'd be useful on my Clipper? Fit the turreted ones to the Wingtip mounts and fixed to the inner mounts, but I won't bother if they're rubbish.

Has anyone tried the turreted versions yet? If so what is their accuracy like?

I'm wondering if they'd be useful on my Clipper? Fit the turreted ones to the Wingtip mounts and fixed to the inner mounts, but I won't bother if they're rubbish.

I haven't tried them but I've watched videos. They're still dumbfires but the AI does the aiming. Considerably less damage, but less power requirements too. I think that might be bugged as normally turrets require more power than fixed do.

I haven't tried them but I've watched videos. They're still dumbfires but the AI does the aiming. Considerably less damage, but less power requirements too. I think that might be bugged as normally turrets require more power than fixed do.

I may give it a try then. I'd like to use my Clipper if possible.

Top Bottom