Exploration data lost?

Greeting Commanders,

I am far away from home and I am exploring the Void. I haven't play for a few months, so I update the game and was presented with new kind of scanner and new Planet scanner with probes.

As much as cool it is I went to see what the Codex was and I find out that I discovered only 7 planets.... (SIC!) I am almost 60k LY from bubble and I am wondering if I lost all exploration data?

I checked a map in Codex and there is none of my planet from previous explorations. Are all data lost?

Regards
Cmdr Dagged

As Iain says, your data is still banked for you to sell on your return to a system with UC. Codex isn't retrospective...

We seemed to be under a false assumption that some, if not all, of our previous Exploration data would be included when the Codex went live.

In fact it started from scratch on the update day, so any previous discoveries from my 4 years of Exploration are being ignored by this Codex. It seems that only our general game Stats got migrated, not individual System data.

What makes this worse, from what I've experienced, say I want to visit a Black Hole (that my Codex tells me is not confirmed yet), I can't go to a system that I've already discovered pre 3.3 to get that confirmation - the Codex won't recognise that Black Hole, because I've already discovered it. So I have to locate the body in a System yet to be visited!

Apart from that little bit of nonsense, all your data will be intact for you to sell when you return home....just not in the Codex!!

I should also point this out: the Codex is not intended to be a journal of all your discoveries. It does not record every single one of your astronomical discoveries, only one of each variety per region.

Example: Earth-like worlds. There is only one variety of Earth-like world. So if you're in, say, the Galactic Centre region, and you find an ELW, that first discovery in that region will go into the Codex as "confirmed by you". But if you find a second, a third, a 200th... those don't get added to the Codex. You have to leave the region if you want to put another ELW in the Codex. So it's more like a "trainspotter's checklist" than a journal.

SO, the first time you start the game post-3.3, and the first time you enter a new region, you'll get a flurry of new Codex entries. But then they'll pretty much dry up, once you've found one of each type of everything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom