Exploration data running total?

I've been crawling about scanning and exploring for a few thousand LY now, and wondering how much exploration data i have accumulated. I don't really want to head back to the bubble until after I accumulate about 50 million so is there some way to know without checking into Universal Cartographics?

If you're on PC then some 3rd party apps will give you an estimate (see my sig for a download link to one that does). If you don't want to run anything just uploading your journals to https://www.edsm.net will achieve the same thing.

It will be, if anything, most likely an underestimate because there are various things we can't know, like if you're going to get a bonus for first discovery.

If you're on a console then pen and paper is your only friend.

If you're on PC then some 3rd party apps will give you an estimate (see my sig for a download link to one that does). If you don't want to run anything just uploading your journals to https://www.edsm.net will achieve the same thing.

It will be, if anything, most likely an underestimate because there are various things we can't know, like if you're going to get a bonus for first discovery.

If you're on a console then pen and paper is your only friend.
thanks i will look into EDDiscovery!

thanks i will look into EDDiscovery!

Just keep in mind EDDiscovery won't keep track of first discovery, first map and mapping efficiency bonus and etc. My trip around the galaxy counted up to just over 500m in EDDiscovery, but after turning it in it came to around 1.7b, so if you are hitting a lot of unexplored systems and mapping ELW and WW triple the expected payout. You can track this in the statistics panel in EDDiscovery from specific dates or just from your last dock.

That's in the journals so is included. It's only the sale time bonuses we can't track.

Ah ok, of course the mapping bonus isn't reliant on selling the data first to get it then, does it matter if it has already been mapped by someone else, I guess not, even if it's been mapped by someone else we still can't see the POI's right, so that's a seperate payment and bonus for each person who maps a body.

A scan has a base value (derived from planet type and mass).

First Mapped and First Discovered multiplies that by ~9.6
First Mapped but not First Discovered multiplies it by ~8.1
Mapped (no tags) multiplies it by ~3.3

In all three cases hitting the efficiency target stacks another 1.25 multiplier on top of that. So EDD assumes the 3.3 multiplier if you map, and the 1.25 multiplier if you hit the efficiency target. The much larger tagging bonuses are not considered (although an 'Assume I get all the tags' option has been suggested and may appear at some point).

First discovered but not mapped at all pays the base value * 2.6, for completeness.

A scan has a base value (derived from planet type and mass).

First Mapped and First Discovered multiplies that by ~9.6
First Mapped but not First Discovered multiplies it by ~8.1
Mapped (no tags) multiplies it by ~3.3

In all three cases hitting the efficiency target stacks another 1.25 multiplier on top of that. So EDD assumes the 3.3 multiplier if you map, and the 1.25 multiplier if you hit the efficiency target. The much larger tagging bonuses are not considered (although an 'Assume I get all the tags' option has been suggested and may appear at some point).

First discovered but not mapped at all pays the base value * 2.6, for completeness.

My expedition data is all posted here;

EDDiscovery showed just over 514m for the run around the galaxy, actual payout ended up being just a fraction under 1.7b, as a working guestimate I would just triple the displayed payout in EDDiscovery and that will give a rough idea of end result.

Generally speaking 70mil a week is about what I average. That's with scanning planets (no moons) and mapping most ww, aw, elw, and tf hmc. I would say that is about 10 hours a week, so about 7 mil an hour. You can try go use that as a good rule of thumb. You can obviously make much more than that, however, my game play is a mixture of scanning /mapping and other activities (I like driving long distances in my srv). .

I am currently on a trip from the Bubble to Colonia, a scenic route through the Formidine Rift. By now I have passed >100kly travelled, >2000 systems visited, currently ~8500ly from Colonia.
On a second screen I keep EDD and EDSM running.
EDDs statistics summary estimates the total scan value since last docking right now at 980 million, EDSM at 2.68 billion. Based on that I assume that EDD does not reflect "first bonusses" in that summary, while EDSM does. I expect the final result will be closer to the EDSM value, except that it counts "first scanned/mapped" bonusses for a number of systems/bodies that have previously been visited by commanders that are not tracked by EDSM. Still think I will come out at >2.5 billion once I make it to Colonia.

Top Bottom