Release Exploration Progress

Greetings Commanders! I'm proud to share what I've been working on recently. It's a plugin for Elite Dangerous Market Connector that allows explorer players to see their progress from one star system to another. Enter where you started at and where you want to go in the Settings, and the plugin will keep track of your progress on the main EDMC window in the form of a percentage and on a progress bar.

This was made while making a journey from Beagle Point back to the bubble after completing the Distant Worlds 2 expedition. It took me quite a while to get back due to other commitments and increased boredom of jumping endlessly through the deep darkness of space. I wanted to see how far I was towards my destination in a simple way, not by plotting it on a map or watching a distance counter tick down, so I created this solution and shared it so other explorers can benefit from it.

Images
main_scrshot.png

settings_scrshot.png

You can find the main project page here and get the latest release here.

Future updates will come down the line to add new features and tweak a few things. For now, I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:
Congrats .... not only on a return trip from BP and not even for building and sharing the tool. That's awesome.
Congrats .... also for actually adding to and developing the ED commuity.
Thanks for sharing.

S!

Congrats .... not only on a return trip from BP and not even for building and sharing the tool. That's awesome.
Congrats .... also for actually adding to and developing the ED commuity.
Thanks for sharing.

S!
I'm still going actually. I'm only 39.42% of the way back home. At least, that's what this new tool says. But thanks very much.

Version 1.0.2 of Exploration Progress has been released. This version makes the plugin compatible with EDMC version 4.1.0. If you are using that version of EDMC or higher, please download this version of the plugin (or a newer version) since older versions may not work.

Changelog and download is here.

Version 1.0.3 of Exploration Progress has been released. This version makes the plugin compatible with the upcoming EDMC version 5.0.0, but will work in 4.2.5 and may work in older versions. However, this is a mandatory update. Older versions of the plugin will break in 5.0.0+.

Version 1.0.4 of Exploration Progress has been released. This version fixes text readability issues when using the default "light theme" appearance on EDMC.

Version 1.0.5 of Exploration Progress has been released. This version primarily fixes an issue related to EDSM connectivity that prevented the plugin from working.

Top Bottom