Exploration ranking question

I failed my first Robigo Mines passenger mission but I honestly don't know what I did to make Daphne so upset. I'm doing the Robigo Mines- Sothis passenger runs, I diidn't get scanned nor take any hull damage, still she's as hot as a stove, threatened to jettison herself into space if I didn't deliver her to the nearest station- which I did and at the intended delivery destination Robigo Mines.

aAnyway I have a question about Exploration ranking. I'm presently at Pioneer rank in Exploration, am Allied and have been averaging about 25-30M cr's per sightseeing-passenger run. Now however each successful sightseeing passenger run of 25-30M cr's moves the Exploration needle up literally one point! Those of you who have achieved Exploration Elite status, has this been your expierience once you reached Pioneer ?

Last edited:
Check your messages - you'll see she asked you to do something for her I bet. Although if the nearest station is where she is going anyway- take her there.

For all the ranking categories, generally each rank requires as many “points” as all previous ranks combined. Trade, combat and exploration. For details check the wiki.

Never cared. Just did what I wanted to do and at some point I got promoted.
It's like watching download progress bar of some small windows update. You can, but it doesn't help, it's boring, painfull and when it completes - nothing changes.

You need to earn about 318 million credits from exploration data and or exploration missions to get Elite. Look at the data in your Covas panel to see how much profit that you have from exploration. That's the only measure of how far you are towards Elite status. You can ignore all the other ranks and percentages because progress through the ranks is not linear. You can see how it works in the table half-way down this page:
https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Explorer

Top Bottom