Exploration rarities and statistics - what you should look for

How up to date is the list of systems with large numbers of HRGGs? Phrooe Greau MD-S D4-245 has 19
Screenshot 2021-03-18 151826.JPG

I hope that answers your question.

• AW orbiting a Gas giant with ammonia-life (double ammonia!) (14 known)
I found an AW orbited by an ALGG, so another kind of "double ammonia". I had a look at my journals and the only other AW orbited by an ALGG is from 2017. So I think those might be rare too, does anyone with a complete DB can have a look how many of both combinations are currently known?

Last edited:
Ok, spotted something odd, not my first discovery but thought it might be worth bringing up here, a terrestrial Ammonia world with Ammonia and carbon based life but no atmosphere, strange, never seen an Ammonia world with life but no atmosphere before;

BnyJ9Ww.jpg

ZXrYsBv.jpg

As you can see from the images it's definitely "no atmosphere", not just a number that shows up as 0.00 because it's so low, I have had a few of those. I suppose it might be that the surface is all frozen and there are liquid Ammonia oceans under the surface with life, pity it's not landable!

I found an AW orbited by an ALGG, so another kind of "double ammonia". I had a look at my journals and the only other AW orbited by an ALGG is from 2017. So I think those might be rare too, does anyone with a complete DB can have a look how many of both combinations are currently known?

So I had a stab at looking at this. My data was 4-5 weeks old, and I excluded anything that looked even slightly hand-authored (so no HIP/HD systems etc). I make no promises I didn't mess something up!

Ammonia world moonGas giant with ammonia-based life moon
Ammonia world
109​
24​
Class I gas giant
113​
206​
Class II gas giant
213​
304​
Class III gas giant
1205​
1906​
Class IV gas giant
498​
342​
Gas giant with ammonia-based life
48​
87​
Gas giant with water-based life
189​
304​
Helium-rich gas giant
65​
124​
High metal content world
7198​
1​
Icy body
50​
35​
L (Brown dwarf) Star
410​
206​
M (Red dwarf) Star
240​
153​
M (Red giant) Star
1​
0​
Rocky Ice world
79​
0​
T (Brown dwarf) Star
671​
402​
T Tauri Star
191​
582​
Water giant
234​
203​
Water world
191​
1​
White Dwarf (DA) Star
3​
10​
White Dwarf (DAB) Star
3​
6​
White Dwarf (DB) Star
1​
0​
White Dwarf (DC) Star
12​
8​
Y (Brown dwarf) Star
3130​
2411​

That should be the parent of any AW moon or GGAL moon. So there are 24 AWs with GGAL moons and 48 GGALs with AW moons - both rare. I was interested in the system that had a WW parent to a GGAL, turns out it was Plaa Aescs SP-G d10-197 - but it looks to have expired from EDSM :rolleyes:. The bodies are on spansh here and here.

I was also intrigued by the HMC with GGAL moon - partly to check the data was valid but also because I'd quite like to see that configuration. That one is on EDSM, here, bodies AB 4 a,d AB 4 a. And, er, it turns out I have seen that configuration 👀

Back
Top Bottom