Newcomer / Intro Exploration

Greetings Commanders,
Just a very quick question, truth or rumor?
Scanning, honk, FSS, or DSS.....Do you get better payout the further in distance you go to turn it in like rare commodities or does it pay the same no matter the distance you sell it?

Thanks for any info on this......o7 Commanders

Greetings Commanders,
Just a very quick question, truth or rumor?
Scanning, honk, FSS, or DSS.....Do you get better payout the further in distance you go to turn it in like rare commodities or does it pay the same no matter the distance you sell it?

Thanks for any info on this......o7 Commanders
The only distance effects is you can't sell to a station that is within 20 light years of the scanned system.

If you sell to a fleet carrier I think that distance limit doesn't apply but you lose 25% or more by selling on one.

Thwarptide

Banned
....... and also scanning pay is the same for bodies in the bubble and 50,000 lys away, with the exception of newly discovered systems. If you are first to scan a system you will get a bonus along with your name on the accolades.
In the bubble, you can scan to your hearts content and get the same pay for each body. No discovery bonus though.
Take em any place that has stellar cartography. A small few do not. Just don't sell to carriers. That 25% loss can add up to the big $.

Hail the Emperor
Bask in her glory

Thank you for the info Commanders...o7
Flip to econo jumping once and a while and you might catch some undiscovereds that were skipped by longer ranging explorers on common routes to Colonia, Sag A, Beagle Point etc.

Go out a couple of Kylies in a random direction well off the beaten paths and you can mine and discover to your hearts content. Very rare to be bothered out in the black.

Hitchhike on a random Carrier

I took one of my accounts out on a little jaunt yesterday and I was surprised to only find one totally virgin system within 1 Kylie - previously I would stumble across one well before that. It was over 3.5 Kylies before every system was totally unvisited - this is much further than I had experienced with other accounts before.

My point is that you shouldn't worry too much @Demonlord79 about the lack of unvisited systems as you will come across them before long and then not too much later, finding you are not first to arrive will be a rare occurrence. I make a point of avoiding the eye-candy directions and I always either drop down or go up above the galactic plane before really heading out but even so it now seems to be a larger "bubble" of explored systems before you find those virgin ones.

Top Bottom