Explorer gets name on all 45 non-landable bodies - Legend or Loon?

Out of curiosity, when was the last time anyone here has come across a planet / sun / etc scanned by "OneOldDuck" or "Jenny Diver", my alt? Point being that scanning planets for the sake of fame and glory is something of a fruitless venture these days, since if you're finding an undiscovered planet 4+ years into the game, it may be another 4+ years (if ever) before anyone else stumbles across it to see your name.

Sigh.... :(

So what do you think generally when you jump into a system and see some commander has his name on all 40 odd non landable planets in the middle of nowhere. (ie First mapped)
Legend or loon, superstar or psychopath...

Exploration teabagging / ganking

Out of curiosity, when was the last time anyone here has come across a planet / sun / etc scanned by "OneOldDuck" or "Jenny Diver", my alt? Point being that scanning planets for the sake of fame and glory is something of a fruitless venture these days, since if you're finding an undiscovered planet 4+ years into the game, it may be another 4+ years (if ever) before anyone else stumbles across it to see your name.
Point being: before anyone else stumbles across it. If you wish for others to see your discovery, you should share it with the public.
Of course, that also means you'll have to find something that's of interest to others. Or just upload the data, and maybe someone who analyses it will find that it's more interesting (to them) than you thought.
But otherwise, if people would just stumble across your finds, they'd have to be in frequented areas.

I wouldn't say it's a fruitless venture though: rather, the low-hanging fruit have all been picked clean. You won't find any AFG main stars unvisited around real nebulae, for instance, but if you don't mind climbing higher up the fruit tree, there's still plenty of KM and below to be had. Of course, finding an ELW in a code D system takes much less time than finding one in code B does, but the latter's ELWs tend to be (arguably) more interesting anyway.

But exploration does have an aspect of racing to it, and the easiest stuff has been picked already, so you either go after the more "difficult" systems around areas of interest, or go wherever and hope that it'll be of interest later. You never know.

Oh, and hey, now I'm curious too: when was the last time anyone here has come across my tag?

Point being: before anyone else stumbles across it. If you wish for others to see your discovery, you should share it with the public.
Of course, that also means you'll have to find something that's of interest to others. Or just upload the data, and maybe someone who analyses it will find that it's more interesting (to them) than you thought.
But otherwise, if people would just stumble across your finds, they'd have to be in frequented areas.

I wouldn't say it's a fruitless venture though: rather, the low-hanging fruit have all been picked clean. You won't find any AFG main stars unvisited around real nebulae, for instance, but if you don't mind climbing higher up the fruit tree, there's still plenty of KM and below to be had. Of course, finding an ELW in a code D system takes much less time than finding one in code B does, but the latter's ELWs tend to be (arguably) more interesting anyway.

But exploration does have an aspect of racing to it, and the easiest stuff has been picked already, so you either go after the more "difficult" systems around areas of interest, or go wherever and hope that it'll be of interest later. You never know.

Oh, and hey, now I'm curious too: when was the last time anyone here has come across my tag?

Pretty sure I saw one of yours in the last couple of months, and I vaguely remember one of @Old Duck's from ages ago. I'm gonna start keeping a list.

I only tend to check 1st Discovered's on catalog stars these days though, since those are the only systems I'm interested in.

Because you edited your OP to add the mapped bit, you originally just mentioned all having been tagged by a commander. I quoted your original OP in my earlier reply (#6) so your reply here to other posters is called-out.

What do you mean I edited the OP?
I can't edit other people's posts.
I just thought I had missed a FSS function and now I am being accused of editing the original post.
what?

So what do you think generally when you jump into a system and see some commander has his name on all 40 odd non landable planets in the middle of nowhere. (ie First mapped)
Lol, you need to pump the numbers up, those are rookie numbers!

I just thought I had missed a FSS function and now I am being accused of editing the original post.
what?

I think it's pretty obvious that PH simply mistook you for the OP, who did add in the bit about mapping after people responded. ;)

what?

Yeah, I made a boo boo, for some reason I mistook your post as being from the OP. Very sorry about that. :oops:

Yeah, I made a boo boo, for some reason I mistook your post as being from the OP. Very sorry about that. :oops:

No worries
I didnt see the OP was edited and arrived to the thread late.
I we confused as I thought there was actually a way to map or such with the FSS
Long range probes or something launched from the FSS

Why do people try to pigeon hole others into a single category?

Generally I think, jumping hopefully I will have better luck next time.

I'm currently doing a marathon 300 system scan until I reach SAG A for my second visit. I haven't missed a single planet yet! Only 250 more to go.... I am hoping that its true that there is a station near SAG A, I believe there is!

The fss has made all explorers loons.

Rewards are instant and meaningless and when people do put the effort in they get called out for insanity (and rightly so).

I wonder if frontier even know what they look like sometimes.

The fss has made all explorers loons.

Rewards are instant and meaningless and when people do put the effort in they get called out for insanity (and rightly so).

I wonder if frontier even know what they look like sometimes.

It made me a loon. Scanning systems by parallax and proximity resolution is quite frankly mental.

It made me a loon. Scanning systems by parallax and proximity resolution is quite frankly mental.

Yeah. No mans sky has a honk which populates the hud radar without any spoilers if you were one of those people :)

The system map doesn’t even need a honk if that’s what you use. So many options.

A normal player.

There are after all 400 billion systems, so it's not like you're running out stars and planets to scan any time soon.

This is an easy one; in this insular, slightly strange community they are a legend ie. comparisons with players with 24k forum posts, building Lego sidewinders, creating the Elite logo on the gal map, ownership of all ships in the game G5 engineered, 100+ bn credits, >30wks in the game...& many, many more!

....& In real life, a certifiable grade 5 loon!

HTH

Oh no...more bridges burned :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom