Explorer Rank demoted from Elite to Pioneer!

Thanks guys, I might try some "proper" exploration at some point, it's just that it's not really drawn me in so far. I am attempting to have a little go at various things to get back into the game, so I may well do it.

Another random thing I noticed last night... I only had ONE page of exploration data when I could have sworn I had multiple pages when I last played. I was buzzing around various areas gathering lots of basic "honk" data using the system prior to the Exploration changes. I don't recall cashing it in, so to speak, as I was going to wait until I returned "home" to Shinrarta to get a good price for it, as much of it was gathered quite some distance away, while doing various missions. Maybe I'm just remembering things wrong, I was a little unwell last year.

My plan is to continue trying various types of play until I find something I get really into again. I quite enjoyed some shooty stuff last night vs. NPC - zero interest in PvP as our private group are FRIENDS lol - and gathered some materials from that. Did some time dropping into USS's - again for materials - and I think I need to try some data hunting and good old SRV resource gathering so I can engineer a new ship perhaps.

Scoob.

The best places for SRV resource gathering are now at geological and biological sites (the latter are usually found in nebulae). These provide materials in short order without randomly driving all over a planetary surface. But you have to explore for them first, even if in the Bubble.

Another random thing I noticed last night... I only had ONE page of exploration data when I could have sworn I had multiple pages when I last played. I was buzzing around various areas gathering lots of basic "honk" data using the system prior to the Exploration changes. I don't recall cashing it in, so to speak, as I was going to wait until I returned "home" to Shinrarta to get a good price for it, as much of it was gathered quite some distance away, while doing various missions. Maybe I'm just remembering things wrong, I was a little unwell last year.

Two thigns to note here.

FIrst, I think some time ago they increased the page size, from 20 systems to 50 systems.

Second, you don't get any bonus payments because of factional reputation, at Shinrarta or anywhere else. The only confirmed increased payouts offered for exploration data are the LYR Powerplay bonuses. So it doesn't really matter where you sell the data, so long as you're outside the 20 LY minimum radius, you still get paid the same. The flavour texts for the Expansion state claim that they'll pay additional credits while in that state, but no-one's ever proven that that actually happens.

One gripe I have about this game, for sure, is that so much is altered without any communication. It's annoying. It doesn't affect me personally but how hard is it to communicate changes to the user base? Good lord.

Two thigns to note here.

FIrst, I think some time ago they increased the page size, from 20 systems to 50 systems.

Second, you don't get any bonus payments because of factional reputation, at Shinrarta or anywhere else. The only confirmed increased payouts offered for exploration data are the LYR Powerplay bonuses. So it doesn't really matter where you sell the data, so long as you're outside the 20 LY minimum radius, you still get paid the same. The flavour texts for the Expansion state claim that they'll pay additional credits while in that state, but no-one's ever proven that that actually happens.

The page size increase might explain why I only have one page of data now - thought I had a bit more than three pages beforehand though, but perhaps I'm not remembering correctly. With all the travelling and honking I did - including the 800+ ly to a Guardian Site without a Guardian FSD Booster of course - I'd have thought I'd have more. Ah well.

Scoob.

The page size increase might explain why I only have one page of data now - thought I had a bit more than three pages beforehand though, but perhaps I'm not remembering correctly. With all the travelling and honking I did - including the 800+ ly to a Guardian Site without a Guardian FSD Booster of course - I'd have thought I'd have more. Ah well.

Scoob.
I don't believe honking does anything now besides display the number of celestial bodies in the system. It certainly doesn't produce a map.

Top Bottom