Explorer's Anchorage: No Universal Cartographics

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Pls tell me more of your infinite wisdom...

It's hardly infinite wisdom, is it? What, is 'don't speed inside a station' a remarkable development? Have you somehow not been aware of it? Have you been playing with the sound down and a piece of sticky tape across the thing that says 'speeding' towards the bottom right of the screen?

Just take responsibility for your decisions. That's all I'm saying.

No need for sarcasm - Rollo is quite right, you have to accept that if you fly at close to the limit then there is a chance of getting a fine. Why you should feel the need to self-destruct and take a rebuy / loss of explo data over having a fine on your head is beyond understanding. It is not as if they turn into bounties any more.

I don't believe in the "git gud" type of post but really, spitting the dummy over a fine is just ....

Is the station really called "Explorer's Anchorage"? Then CA should be a priority. Mining towns of the old west (America) tended to focus on services offered to miners, well before other more niche services were added. If a station under construction is similar to a town under construction, then a CA should be one of the first "businesses" to move in.

Rollo's right, there's too many players of the 'I want everything, now!' play style.

Just wait for the facilities to be added,bit by bit.

We might be lucky & get Contacts/UC facilities first........then again they might be last!

I'm actually glad they're building the station out in phases. It gives me more incentive to take my time exploring before getting there.

To make it clear:
I´m not one of these NOW NOW NOW guys.
I want this station to be as best as possible.
I was in Top10 at Omega and i was a little earlier here to prospect surrounding systems for hotspots.
At Omega i was mostly in a Indite Hotspot.

I transfered my mining equipment here and fitted my Beluga for Mining - no FSD boost and even no Fuel Scoop !
By getting this ridiculous 50cr fine i wasnt able to refit my ship anymore. So without any changes my DW2 would be over here.

I didn´t want to sit and wait for any changes for about 2 weeks or even more.
So i decided to self destruct altough i had 200 mio carto data - these weren´t as important for me as this station.

Now i´m on my way back and collected even more data than before - and for sure, i will not arrive before this station has a possibilty to pay fines.
If this is just AFTER the CG i guess many CMDRs will not be able to help

Last edited:
The fact that the CG will determine what Station Services we get have been common knowledge for quite some time now, its been mentioned on these forums, on DW Discord and even in Squadron Chat again and again.

I like the fact that we have to work for the right to have services at this station. That's good game-play and perhaps even good storytelling, which should make for an epic CG.

Patience is a virtue.

The station now has Universal Cartographics. Just as many of us who didn't rush a week ahead expected it to have today :p

As it stands now, the new space station "Explorer's Anchorage" near the center of the galaxy has no Universal Cartographics and Advanced Maintenance services. I would like to sell my considerable amount of exploration data and repair the integrity of my ship before heading out way into the black towards Beagle Point. Now, I know the new station is still under construction, but I find it somewhat ironic that a station called Explorer's Anchorage is not able to cater to explorers' needs. There is already a commodity market and a(n empty) mission board, even a black market but no UC or AM.

Do we have any information whether the services will be added in the coming weeks while the CG lasts and/or before the expedition leaves the station behind? I won't mind what happens after we start the final push towards BP but if we have a station here, I'd like to at least "bank in" what I currently have.

Thanks for any info on this. o7

You could ask at the station, but the sounds of furious hammering, sawing and welding makes it difficult to hear! Also, the only people available to ask couldn't spell "cartographics" in a fit!

Cartographics are now up!

That's odd I can not see the contact?

36596FFD3D82596A75E3DE329E68E5764AE09597

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom