Explorers can't make ARX

Let's put it another way - FD stated that they did not want to change how players interact with ED in regards to earning ARX and that the 400 ARX earning would be feasible for anyone via interacting with the game normally. Given the OP's post - this is clearly not the case.

In the second week of ARX being available, I travelled from the bubble back to Colonia. I scanned (FSS) everything not already discovered, I mapped a few, I stopped of at the Guardian site roughly half way through the journey. Took me most of the week. I fell about 60 -100 ARX short of the cap. I did not feel punished or penalised.

We’re going to end up down a rabbit hole. Explorers are missing out. Miners are getting nothing. How are we going to balance those that only get to play a couple of hours a week against those who play a couple of hours a night?

They’re never going to make this even. It’s impossible. It is going to be unfair to some people. You cant please all the people yadda yadda yadda but everyone IS earning some.

In the second week of ARX being available, I travelled from the bubble back to Colonia. I scanned (FSS) everything not already discovered, I mapped a few, I stopped of at the Guardian site roughly half way through the journey. Took me most of the week. I fell about 60 -100 ARX short of the cap. I did not feel punished or penalised.

We’re going to end up down a rabbit hole. Explorers are missing out. Miners are getting nothing. How are we going to balance those that only get to play a couple of hours a week against those who play a couple of hours a night?

They’re never going to make this even. It’s impossible. It is going to be unfair to some people. You cant please all the people yadda yadda yadda but everyone IS earning some.
I guess it would be fair to switch to a time based earning model. Get 20 ARX per hour. Everyone gets the same.
Except, then the complain would be waaaaah why are the unemployed hobos getting favored by FD? I don't have time for this... yadda yadda...

Better just give everyone 400 ARX the moment they log in, and be done with it.
Except, then the complain will by waaaah why is it only 400 ARX per week, it takes 13 weeks to earn a plant, I DESERVE more.

So basically go back to the old system of direct payment.
Except, then I will complain that I won't get free stuff any more. And I am most important here.

I guess it would be fair to switch to a time based earning model. Get 20 ARX per hour. Everyone gets the same.
Except, then the complain would be waaaaah why are the unemployed hobos getting favored by FD? I don't have time for this... yadda yadda...

Better just give everyone 400 ARX the moment they log in, and be done with it.
Except, then the complain will by waaaah why is it only 400 ARX per week, it takes 13 weeks to earn a plant, I DESERVE more.

So basically go back to the old system of direct payment.
Except, then I will complain that I won't get free stuff any more. And I am most important here.
When they revert to the old system:

I had 25 ARX that I couldn’t spend and now you’ve stolen it.

One shouldn't let ARX earnings to dictate his virtual life in the game, but that's easy for me to say since I'm currently doing a lot of combat and hit the cap by Saturday evening. It'd probably be better if the exploration ARX earnings be shifted from cashing in the data to the actual acts of exploration a little bit more.

That's easy, just give everyone who logs on at least once during the relevant ARX period 400 ARX and be done with it. This is another thing that sounded like a good idea at the time, like dedicated slots, and just ends up being a complaint fest on the forums!

Unless they sell their data before the end of the week, which is unfeasible for most of us.
I know it's only 400.
But c'mon.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!

Whenever Frontier integrates Arx into a specific area of the game, they BREAK that part of the game. The day you get Arx is the day the J key stops working.

That's easy, just give everyone who logs on at least once during the relevant ARX period 400 ARX and be done with it. This is another thing that sounded like a good idea at the time, like dedicated slots, and just ends up being a complaint fest on the forums!

It’s probably going to be this isn’t it? Fair enough.

The cap is a bit low now....

Top Bottom