Exposing AEGIS.

Just discovered this awesome video by CMDR Zm4rc0.

I've been to some of the sites, but haven't seen these connections.

A quick scroll back didn't find a dedicated AEGIS thread and I think this is the right sub for it.
Please watch the video and I'll try to get an executive summary in the top post, but obviously I've got some catching up to do.

https://youtu.be/cy9WLi11598

There's more in this series.

The “Black Flight” ships are owned by a Private Military Corporation, probably operating under a pseudonym of “Pleiades Resource Enterprise”. Their base of operations was the Overlook megaship, in HIP 22460 system. The current status of the ship is unknown as the system is now permit locked. I suspect we’ll be guided to a way of unlocking it in 3.0, finally.
It is possible they get their orders from Aegis, or are related in some way, hence this bug.

Okay - here we go.
All the Gal net references I can find in chronolgical order:

That has to be the mother of all walls of text :D

What is your conclusion after all this informations?

Btw: The Aegis logo looks more like an Alliance environmental saving group, than anything else. Three whale fins arranged in a triangle. Sometimes I would just love to have a nice talk with a designer about their thoughts while designing something. :)

The “Black Flight” ships are owned by a Private Military Corporation, probably operating under a pseudonym of “Pleiades Resource Enterprise”. …

Have you any evidence to support that accusation?

That has to be the mother of all walls of text :D

What is your conclusion after all this informations?

I would like to applaud Cmdr DNA-Decay for his huge work to recollect that AEGIS stuff here. For me it was impressive to read through all that and to get the larger picture of AEGIS (again).

The Thargoids have been in the Pleiades before the humans. So they are claiming their territory?
The Superpowers (and behind them "The Club" (wonder if there would be a chain-smoker among them ;) )) knew about this. They retreated from the Pleiades only to let AGIS in.
AEGIS changed completely into a para-military organisation to develop weapons and so-called "defense strategies" - which are "offense-strategies" likewise.
INRA invented and applied a bio-weapon - AEGIS will finally do the same.
AEGIS has baited cmdrs into the Pleiades well aware that this is ancient Thargoid territory.
Thargoids remember what once happened to them with the mycoid invented by INRA. That maybe is the reason why they deliberately destroyed (only) all AEGIS labs in a pre-emptive strike and not everything related to humans in these systems. It seems to me that they don't want to destroy humankind in general. They follow a plan. Interesting.
Thargoids remember the effect of mycoid. They know about genetics and bio-weapons - and could apply this to humans as well.
Bio-weapons do not affect KI and automated soldiers, ships and weapons. Probabely the reason for "Project Bulwark".
The Guardians already worked with these tools once.
And don't forget-a part of the Guardian tribes went into exile. Ram Tah describes a "typical" Guardian in the bio logs which so many cmdrs discovered with their painstaking research. These are not so different from the descriptions of "Thagoids" in the INRA logs.
So who is really returning? Interesting, anyway.

So a question then regaurding the bug fix. Does that mean that Hub Zeta (or whatever its called) is actually a black flight hub? And if so, should a team of CMDRs go in and bring black flight to justice?

What I find interesting is that the Thargoids have attacked only Aegis facilities and Federation Capital ship groups. They've left everything else alone. Empire? Not a single attack reported; Same for Alliance. This tells me they have an agenda. Attacking Aegis facilities? That sounds like sound military strategy. That faction is working on weapons that can hurt and kill them. If the Empire is showing itself to be a threat, do you go and attack the Alliance? That wouldn't be very smart. Attack the ones responsible for the threat, not some group that just happens to be the same species that have never harmed you. You can't blame an entire species for what one group or faction of that species has done. Well, I guess you could, if you had the intelligence of a flatworm.

What I find interesting is that the Thargoids have attacked only Aegis facilities and Federation Capital ship groups. They've left everything else alone. Empire? Not a single attack reported; Same for Alliance. This tells me they have an agenda. Attacking Aegis facilities? That sounds like sound military strategy. That faction is working on weapons that can hurt and kill them. If the Empire is showing itself to be a threat, do you go and attack the Alliance? That wouldn't be very smart. Attack the ones responsible for the threat, not some group that just happens to be the same species that have never harmed you. You can't blame an entire species for what one group or faction of that species has done. Well, I guess you could, if you had the intelligence of a flatworm.
Theres several attacked Imperial fleets and thats why they pulled out shortly after the Federation. The Alliance is also a founding member of Aegis.

Obsidian Orbital didnt belong to AEGIS. AEGIS isnt even a faction in the Maia system, although Obsidian Orbital was listed has hosting an AEGIS Lab. Whatever that meant... Maybe it was the insane amount of Thargoid Resin that players delivered to Palin there, that got their attention...
Also, while searching NHSS (and i searched hundreds of them) i saw all kinds of ships. Plenty of Feds and Imp ships, Condas, Belugas, etc, etc... those poor passengers...
I've also been to several POIs of both Imperial and Federal armadas completely obliterated by Thargoids.

To me, they are neither good or bad. They seem to dont care about me, but the moment i do a false move or i'm carrying something they dont like they show no mercy.
They also seem to be looking for something. What is it, i have no clue. And we can only speculate about their intentions. Personally, its wiser to prepared. That's why, despite not completely trusting AEGIS i still supported them through several CGs and the reconstrution of their stations.

Theres several attacked Imperial fleets and thats why they pulled out shortly after the Federation. The Alliance is also a founding member of Aegis.

Oh. Sorry, I didn't hear about the Imperial attacks. Of course I don't read Galnet that much. As for the Alliance, I think they got on board just to be prepared. As Oaktree stated, it is wisest to be prepared. But we humans have a propensity to want to use what we make. I'm mildly surprised that we haven't used more nukes that we have.

What I find interesting is that the Thargoids have attacked only Aegis facilities and Federation Capital ship groups. They've left everything else alone. …

There are distress call signal sources in the Pleiades with mega-ships and imperial capital ship (incl. support ships).

The Thargoids have destroyed military and civilian ships.

There are distress call signal sources in the Pleiades with mega-ships and imperial capital ship (incl. support ships).

The Thargoids have destroyed military and civilian ships.

I just wonder how many of those military ships got in their face. And as for civilian ships? Yeah, if fired upon. Thing is we drop into a non-human signal source, we only see the results of what they did. We don't see them actually attacking. Did the humans fire first? There's no way for us to know because by the time we drop in the Thargoids are mopping up. We have no idea of the events leading up to this point. We simply see them and a few or a lot of destroyed human ships. For all we know, they were fired upon first and were defending themselves. Or the Thargoids might have initiated the hostilities. Do we really want to go to war on 'might haves'?

We need more information. We did that once. We went to war with the Thargoids based on a misunderstanding. Do we really want to repeat history?

They say that those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. And this is true, but those who don't learn history correctly? Why they're just doomed.

AEGIS

Key Players
Admiral Aden Tanner
Chief of Federal Security
Hawk. And disingenuous.
" I know there are those who have questioned my involvement with Aegis, but I can assure you that after forty years in the military, I am ready for some peace.”
Then:
"The Thargoids represent a very real threat, and their hostility demands that we take appropriate action."

Professor Alba Tesreau
Achenar Research Council
Dove. Disingenuous.
"It is imperative that we coordinate our efforts, and share our knowledge and expertise. That is what Aegis has been created to achieve.”
"We are facing a technologically superior enemy, and it is essential that we redress the balance. But for each new device we develop, we need huge quantities of Thargoid material so we can calibrate the technology and ensure its efficacy."
“If we could understand the Thargoids – really understand them – perhaps we could broker some kind of truce. I, for one, have not given up on the idea."

Professor Cora Shore of the Palin Institute
Dove.
Repeatedly raises the question of WHY the Thargoids are attacking.
Professor Ishmael Palin "also recruited to the program"
Liz Ryder
Elvira Mattaturk

Lieutenant Jarah Kael "confirms that Thargoids attacked unprovoked"

Imperial Herald Journalists
Daxton Sung
Kelvin Masters

Feds and Imps withdraw capital ships from Pleiades.
AEGIS establishes 20+ stations in Pleiades.

Newly discovered Thargoid ship variants are over 100 years old.

Aisling Duval:

“I read the INRA records, and frankly I was sickened. How could they treat living creatures that way? I’ve heard of governments inventing threats to support their military programmes. Maybe that’s what the INRA was. A smokescreen.”

Denton Patraeus:
“I have reviewed much of the available intelligence on the Thargoids, and it is clear that we are facing a formidable threat. Granted, we do not know the reasons for their hostility, but in my experience such details are rarely important – what’s important is knowing where and when to strike.”
“The formation of Aegis is in my view a sound strategy, and represents a sensible response to this threat. Furthermore, I know Aden Tanner well, and I wholeheartedly believe he is the right man to be guiding Aegis’s military strategy.”
- Does not care why Thargoids attack.
- How does he know Federal Security Chief??

Li Yong-Rui
"If there’s one thing these INRA logs make plain, it’s that humanity is capable of defeating the Thargoids, especially when we work together. And remember, most of the galaxy is functioning exactly as it always has, despite the presence of these alien aggressors. So let’s maintain some perspective, shall we?”
- INRA were right to do whatever they had to do.

Arissa Lavigny-Duval:
“What the INRA records underscore is that even when faced with dire threats, we cannot abandon our principles. Evidently, the INRA crossed ethical boundaries in its pursuit of victory. Defending civilisation cannot come at the cost of our humanity.”

Edmund Mahon:
“While the INRA records are indeed disturbing, it was the account of John Jameson that troubled me most. Here we have a man – who evidently did a great deal to defend civilisation from the Thargoids – who was deceived, manipulated and ultimately murdered by the INRA.”
“I am aware of concerns that Aegis could continue in the same vein. Fortunately, Aegis is bound by the strictest possible codes of conduct. We will not make the same mistakes.”

- To me this is a "Chekhov's Gun" that we are definitely going to make the same mistakes.

AEGIS have some differing internal directions. But I believe the hawks are in charge, and I believe that when the chips are down they will be as ruthless as INRA was.

Key organisations in the Pleiades:
Pleiades Research Enterprise. Federation.
Merope Expeditionary Force. Empire.
Cooper Research Associates. Alliance.

Last edited:
Regarding the key organisations, that certainly used to be the case, but many changed hands when the Feds and Imps pulled out. A lot of the PRE stepping stone bases are now owned by Sirius. The majority are now AEGIS, Sirius or independent.

As an aside, I find it interesting that no outpost have been hit. Are they too small? Has Fdev just not made attacked outpost assets?

Denton Patraeus:
- How does he know Federal Security Chief??
He's the Admiral of the Fleet for the Empire. They've probably been meeting at arms dealer tradeshows for the last few decades, never mind any formal military hotlines to ensure that local disputes stay local.

I just wonder how many of those military ships got in their face. And as for civilian ships? Yeah, if fired upon. Thing is we drop into a non-human signal source, we only see the results of what they did. We don't see them actually attacking. Did the humans fire first? There's no way for us to know because by the time we drop in the Thargoids are mopping up. We have no idea of the events leading up to this point. We simply see them and a few or a lot of destroyed human ships. For all we know, they were fired upon first and were defending themselves. Or the Thargoids might have initiated the hostilities. Do we really want to go to war on 'might haves'?

We need more information. We did that once. We went to war with the Thargoids based on a misunderstanding. Do we really want to repeat history?

They say that those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. And this is true, but those who don't learn history correctly? Why they're just doomed.

Every destroyed megaship has a scannable final log of the captain either trying to reassure the crew that the thargoid will leave them alone or of someone on the ship explaining how they were attacked. Megaships aren't even armed anyway and its a known thing that AX weaponry and tech doesn't scale up to megaships so it would make no sense for them to attack.

The capital ship attacks were confirmed as unprovoked by scientists from all three Superpowers.

…As an aside, I find it interesting that no outpost have been hit. Are they too small? Has Fdev just not made attacked outpost assets?

Isn't that standard human military strategy? Attack the big targets first, then smaller ones and at the end any soft target in view of the guns.

Thargoids might act differently, but attacking targets in the order of importance sounds logical.

(And FDev probably hasn't made the assets yet as the probably design from important to less important assets ;) )

We need more information.…
Every destroyed megaship has a scannable final log …

Anyone interested in more information and checking out the logs:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/379296-2-4-Thargoid-FAQ

Sanchez Class in Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55 near planet 1
Naphtha Class tanker Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55 near planet 2 b
Henry Class bulk cargo AR-005 Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55 near planet 4 a
Banner Class Bulk Cargo BTG-237 Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55 in orbit of 5 A close to The Oracle.
Thomas Class Bulk Cargo Ship at Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-5 at 1 A
Aquarius Class ships in HIP 17962 3 A and then moved to HIP 17225
Alcatraz Class Prison Ship JJF-048 around HIP 17692 A 3
Lowell Class science vessel attacked at Pleiades sector OI-T c3-7. Planet B-8
Demeter Class Agricultural Vessel KSL-878 attacked by and drifting around Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-57 A5
Hogan Class Bulk Cargo Ship PTK-179 Electra 6
The capital ship attacks were confirmed as unprovoked by scientists from all three Superpowers.

That would require to trust any of the superpowers. Something that apparently is difficult even for devoted supporters of those superpowers.

I trust them to use anything as an excuse to attack the other and I'm sure the Empire and Alliance would use attacking the Goids as an stick to beat the Federation with

Yes, I agree with that, because of that it's interesting that all three superpowers agreed that the attacks on the Fed fleet was unprovoked - the Alliance and Empire did not use that against the Federation.
I get the impression that all three super-powers are really scared and are forced into cooperating as the most advantageous option for them.

Part of me still thinks the Alliance have been communicating with the Thargiods on the side, or for a while, and 'joined in with AEGIS' to keep up appearances. For what purpose is another matter.

Or maybe in this version of the timeline, they recently created the cure for Mycoid, out at the California nebula, gave it to the Thargiods who then promptly started attacking their perceived enemies. Indeed the Alliance might be now getting to grips with their alien minds and saying "we did not give you the cure just so you could attack other humans, do you even understand this notion?" or even, "leave the ones with this symbol please".

In this scenario, the Alliance might be responsible for the new attacks, as they were trying to do the right thing, but not thinking it through and considering this may be a very alien psychology which may have no concept of friends or allies or gifts or altruism.

Last edited:
Top Bottom