Exposing AEGIS.

Hi,

today went to installations Relay Station PSJ-17 and Communication Hub Zeta 12, they killed me once. Dont get it why are they still unfriend or why do they even exist. We already know almost all TG sites. Do they have else any purpose here?

And 2nd question, why the Aegis station Agricola's Ascent in Pleiades Sector DL-Y D65 is alive and also Arc's Faith in HR 1183? Thought all Aegis stations are or will be dead.

Last edited:
Hi,

today went to installations Relay Station PSJ-17 and Communication Hub Zeta 12, they killed me once. Dont get it why are they still unfriend or why do they even exist. We already know almost all TG sites. Do they have else any purpose here?

And 2nd question, why the Aegis station Agricola's Ascent in Pleiades Sector DL-Y D65 is alive and also Arc's Faith in HR 1183? Thought all Aegis stations are or will be dead.

The black flights guarding those installations are of unknown loyalities so we don't know why they're still attacking people, they're not Aegis.

The Thargoids aren't attacking Aegis controlled stations, they're attacking stations with the Aegis labs revealed in a galnet post from december.

Here’s my two cents on Aegis and Thargoid motivations for attacking stations:

UAs, ULs and UPs (or TSs) all qualify as remote-sensing devices, right? Now, I’m guessing Aegis labs have quite a few of them lying around for research purposes.

Who’s to say they aren’t still transmitting?

Maybe that’s why the Thargoids are picking off stations with Aegis labs. Not because they know about and are actively trying to stop Aegis, but because their probes are sending out their coordinates.

That seems like the simplest explanation to me, especially given how Thargoids react to any ship carrying their technology.

Last edited:
Here’s my two cents on Aegis and Thargoid motivations for attacking stations:

UAs, ULs and UPs (or TSs) all qualify as remote-sensing devices, right? Now, I’m guessing Aegis labs have quite a few of them lying around for research purposes.

Who’s to say they aren’t still transmitting?

Maybe that’s why the Thargoids are picking off stations with Aegis labs. Not because they know about and are actively trying to stop Aegis, but because their probes are sending out their coordinates.

That seems like the simplest explanation to me, especially given how Thargoids react to any ship carrying their technology.

I think you've hit on it. Would we like it if someone took our technology? I think not. Especially if they had developed weapons that could hurt or kill us.

Remember this: The Club has encouraged and supported the rise of Engineers, it's one of their creations. Bill Turner is currently the only Engineer known to be a willing co-conspirator of The Club, but that doesn't mean the rest aren't either. So every time you fly a ship in for some FSD tweaking or a special effect on your multi-cannons, you're probably getting services from an individual in the pockets of The Club. At first, I was shocked the Engineers were helping Aegis develop anti-xeno weapons, thought they'd be above that. Then I read deeper into the background and found out that Aegis, the Engineers, INRA, all have some sort of connection to The Club.

Last edited:
Remember this: The Club has encouraged and supported the rise of Engineers, it's one of their creations. Bill Turner is currently the only Engineer known to be a willing co-conspirator of The Club, but that doesn't mean the rest aren't either. So every time you fly a ship in for some FSD tweaking or a special effect on your multi-cannons, you're probably getting services from an individual in the pockets of The Club. At first, I was shocked the Engineers were helping Aegis develop anti-xeno weapons, thought they'd be above that. Then I read deeper into the background and found out that Aegis, the Engineers, INRA, all have some sort of connection to The Club.

The Club? Have I missed something? What is this Club you are speaking of?

The Club? Have I missed something? What is this Club you are speaking of?

The club are a shadowy cabal of high ranking humans who pull the strings of society (including the Federation, Empire and Alliance). They're allegedly lore provided by Frontier to certain authors (predominantly Drew Wagar), so they officially exist in the Elite universe.

Wade through the book "Premonition" if you'd like to get to know them better.

The club are a shadowy cabal of high ranking humans who pull the strings of society (including the Federation, Empire and Alliance). They're allegedly lore provided by Frontier to certain authors (predominantly Drew Wagar), so they officially exist in the Elite universe.

So space illuminati.

Sounds like the tinfoil hat crowd :D But what do I know? I'm just another of the crazies that like to go out into the void.

He's gone now right? We don't still have to be nice? We can say it?
Drew Wagar's book is awful.
I've had it since it came out and I'm about two thirds of the way throug but it's such a chore. Turgid prose, like eating cabbage third day in a row.

There's also a much shorter wiki article.
Oh thank goodness for that.

I'd go as far as calling them cookie-cutter space illuminati.
"The Club" - spare me. You know John LeCarre has a really nice turn of phrase, being able to conjure so much - self disparaging, sinister, skilled, foolish a sense of an organization, just by calling the British Secret service "The Circus".

Sorry I shouldn't bag Wagar - he did make a huge contribution to the Elite Dangus.

Do we think that Frontier said "these folks exist - put them in your book"
or do we think Drew said: "hey I've got this idea, can I make 'the Club' a thing?"

Last edited:
He's gone now right? We don't still have to be nice? We can say it?
Drew Wagar's book is awful.
I've had it since it came out and I'm about two thirds of the way throug but it's such a chore. Turgid prose, like eating cabbage third day in a row.

Oh thank goodness for that.

"The Club" - spare me. You know John LeCarre has a really nice turn of phrase, being able to conjure so much - self disparaging, sinister, skilled, foolish a sense of an organization, just by calling the British Secret service "The Circus".

Sorry I shouldn't bag Wagar - he did make a huge contribution to the Elite Dangus.

Do we think that Frontier said "these folks exist - put them in your book"
or do we think Drew said: "hey I've got this idea, can I make 'the Club' a thing?"

The Club is a Frontier creation, according to Drew.

Pertinent post from CMDR Corlas.

. . . when FD gives us a huge backstory about an old intergovernmental agency that did secretive research to fight an alien threat [INRA], and spends a whole bunch of time an effort telling us how a lot of people were working for this agency with noble intent, but they went to some pretty dark places and had dark forces controlling them - while at the same time they're telling us all this also has another plot line going on about a new intergovernmental agency doing secretive research to fight an alien threat [AEGIS]; then literally spells out a list for us of the space stations these secret agency labs are on; then systematically takes out every station on that list by the aliens being researched - just them and no others; and on top of all of that releases another news article quoting one of the heads of the agency - who, from an RP perspective, has a vested interest in playing up the "attack on all humanity" angle - literally and directing telling us "Yes, the aliens were targeting those places because of us and our labs"... IT IS NO LONGER A CONSPIRACY.

FD is telling us something so hard they're all but tattooing it on our foreheads.

It's no longer a matter of being discerning about your news sources, it's just a matter of understanding how stories work.

So, yes. Take your journalism with a grain of salt. By all means. Be skeptical, that's a virtue. But a real skeptic isn't someone who just always says "Eh, that's your opinion..." and leaves it there. A real skeptic is someone who understands what an acceptable threshold of evidence is, what acceptable evidence is, and is honest enough to acknowledge when that threshold has or has not been reached.

By the supposed "standards of evidence" of some people there is literally nothing at all objectively real - in an in-game sense - in the story possible at all:

Storyline breadcrumbs? It could be something else.
Allusions to prior events? Maybe it's just mentioned by coincidence.
Flat-out being told by an in-game authority? Lies!
Flat-out being told by an offical loremaster? Oh, he's not a dev, that's just his opinion.
Flat-out being told by a Dev? Well, that's just what they want you to think...

Last edited:
The Club is a Frontier creation, according to Drew.

I don't mean to be picky, but do have the primary source on that? - I'd love to see the context.
I follow his twitter and trawled through his website a while back and I didn't see anything specific around The Club.

I don't mean to be picky, but do have the primary source on that? - I'd love to see the context.
I follow his twitter and trawled through his website a while back and I didn't see anything specific around The Club.

I found it: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/7x8gc9/is_raxxla_really_there/

Scroll down to Drew's response: '"The Club" was a lore construct provided by Frontier that I used in the novel, thus I am not aware of the full scope of their powers."

So, the Thargoids attacks seem to have stopped short of the bubble, and each and every target was an Aegis Lab from the list published in December.

https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/5a212339e2169204573ec830

Were the labs host to something that was drawing the aliens in? Or are the Thargoids smart enough to send a targeted message?

It's probably the Unknown Probes/Unknown Artefacts. These things are probably still transmitting albeit on a frequency we can't detect. I would say the Thargoids are simply responding to these transmissions. They follow them to the source, calculate that the origin point is inside one of these alien (to them) structures and figure, "Let's show these people what happens to people who steal our technology. Don't kill them all, just scare them snotless."

Top Bottom