Exposing AEGIS.

It's probably the Unknown Probes/Unknown Artefacts. These things are probably still transmitting albeit on a frequency we can't detect. I would say the Thargoids are simply responding to these transmissions. They follow them to the source, calculate that the origin point is inside one of these alien (to them) structures and figure, "Let's show these people what happens to people who steal our technology. Don't kill them all, just scare them snotless."
Precisely. It’s just that they kill thousands of people with each attack.

And how many Thargoids have we killed just to gain information? We have no idea how many are on each Thargoid ship, so it could have been tens or thousands. Since we can't seem to communicate by radio, I would think Aegis would be seeking out sensitives that can possibly make telepathic contact. Until we are able to communicate, there's going to be bloodshed on both sides. But remember who fired the first shot. Remember the cinematic trailer? There was a lone Thargoid ship. It was minding it's own business attacking no one. And these humans fired upon it using deadly weapons. Did hyperspace interdiction warrant that response? They didn't harm the ones they hyperdicted. They just scanned them and then jumped out.

Some would say that they attacked Federal ships. For all we know, the Pleiades might be their space. Do you really think deploying military assets into territory that belongs to someone else should be seen as benign? What would we do if North Korea deployed warships into our (the USA's or the UK's) territorial waters? Would we see that as benign? I don't think so. And I know they wouldn't see it as benign if the US or UK deployed warships into their waters.

And how many Thargoids have we killed just to gain information? We have no idea how many are on each Thargoid ship, so it could have been tens or thousands. Since we can't seem to communicate by radio, I would think Aegis would be seeking out sensitives that can possibly make telepathic contact. Until we are able to communicate, there's going to be bloodshed on both sides. But remember who fired the first shot. Remember the cinematic trailer? There was a lone Thargoid ship. It was minding it's own business attacking no one. And these humans fired upon it using deadly weapons. Did hyperspace interdiction warrant that response? They didn't harm the ones they hyperdicted. They just scanned them and then jumped out.

Some would say that they attacked Federal ships. For all we know, the Pleiades might be their space. Do you really think deploying military assets into territory that belongs to someone else should be seen as benign? What would we do if North Korea deployed warships into our (the USA's or the UK's) territorial waters? Would we see that as benign? I don't think so. And I know they wouldn't see it as benign if the US or UK deployed warships into their waters.
If I remember the lore correctly, Thargoids are 10-foot Preying Mantises, so I doubt they could cram too many into an interceptor. Furthermore, we see nobody in the cockpit, so they may very well be drones.

We also now know that they basically declared war on the Guardians, who really didn’t want to fight them in the first place, and actively attempted negotiations, to no avail. This tells me that the Thargoids are xenophobic by default.

If I remember the lore correctly, Thargoids are 10-foot Preying Mantises, so I doubt they could cram too many into an interceptor. Furthermore, we see nobody in the cockpit, so they may very well be drones.

We also now know that they basically declared war on the Guardians, who really didn’t want to fight them in the first place, and actively attempted negotiations, to no avail. This tells me that the Thargoids are xenophobic by default.

We see no one in what we [i[assume[/i] to be the cockpit. But is it really the cockpit? We also don't know why they declared war on the Guardians. Xenophobia? Maybe. Are we really willing to risk going to war on a maybe?

Thagoids may not think of individuals in the same way we do. If they do follow a biological pattern similar to Ants or Bees, then to then they may look at the collective hole. It might be like punching someone in the face. You might give them a bloody nose or a black eye, but are extremely unlikely to kill them. And here that equates to killing a few thousand individual units, which in the big picture does nothing much to the whole of billions other than making a point.

And indeed they may think about themselves in the same way. Killing a few hundred Thargoids and ships (assuming they are separate entities) is attacking but not destroying the whole. They may not have any concept of mourning, or loss, beyond noting that resources have been lost.

Taking this further they may not see what is happening as a small war, or anything like it. It has already been indicated that they might not think about territory in the same way we do. They may not have territory at all. Just places they go for resources. Something has happened to one of there resource sites (the Pleiades) and they are reacting to it. Taking steps to stop that interference.

Thargoids may be a very reactionary species. They may be quite poor at things like being pro-active. They certainly may have plans, but they may follow very pre-defined patterns that have been shown to be successful. When something happens that interrupts that planned activity they react to it. They may not have anything like emotions either. They may not feel anger or sadness, joy or lust. Or have concepts of good or evil. They may simply respond to a threat with self defence, or where they thing something is a threat to their resources, will attack in pre-emptively, which make be as close to pro-active as they can get.

Remember DB has said a few times he is fascinated in looking at what would happen if we met a truly alien species. One that does not conform with our ways of thinking at all. I don't think Thargoids are like Klingons, or Shadows, or Kilrathi, or Drak. I think they will be closer to Ridley Scott and Hans Ruedi Giger's Aliens, but with high technology and far more intelligence. Not evil, just doing their thing, it might just be that you become part of their thing.

Last edited:
What do you mean "they cut the power"? How could they cut the power, man?! They're animals!

Not sure what you are responding to, but if it's something about Thargoids, animals don't build starships capable of faster than light travel.

Not sure what you are responding to, but if it's something about Thargoids, animals don't build starships capable of faster than light travel.

He/she is quoting Hudson (I think) from 'Aliens' in response to my post.

Last edited:
Just a quick thought.

For any of you who've been to the "new(ly discovered)" Guardian ruins (with the 6-obelisk timed-puzzle thingy) and seen the Guardian DACs (Defensive AUTONOMOUS CONSTRUCTS, as named by RAM TAH himself!), and especially if you've used your ext. cam. to get a REAL CLOSE LOOK at one (before it activates "aggressive defense" mode), you MAY or may not have noticed that its TAILPIPE is, practically, the equivalent of the AEGIS logo.....

I forgot who posted the YouTube; I'm sure Cmdr PLATER posted a "close-up" as part of one of his vids.. I think.., but I believe the one I'm thinking of (and cannot find again right now) was posted by someone else . . . . .

After adjusting his cam out of the nearby structure, he continues to move it "behind" the DAC and we see its tailpipe CLEARLY.

The AEGIS logo practically MATCHES.

What now?
I think maybe another thread?
:unsure:
No, Just some buddies were facing some mysterious opposition.
Traffic is high. Higher than those of us wearing the uh - Actually @frontier can we have some clothes that are like white gumboots and Alliance green kinda surgical looking gear for when we are up to our knees in Fed blood? I look like an abbottoir worker after this weekend, but my combat rank inches closer to Elite.

Anyways - I kinda hoped you guys might turn up, but it's not my Operation (not even AEDC) so I think the system is more important than going Toe to Toe.

I'm getting to be an open only advocate in my old age.

Great thread ! Im just going to point out that the Aegis logo has certain geometric affinities to another logo...

oh if we add one more ...

starting to get a little psychedelic :)

Last edited:
My thoughts are that the upper echelon of Aegis/black flag is probably a division of a well known corperation in the military industrial complex ( think Sirius) and that they probably had a hand in earlier research including INRA and Project Equinox.

Im guessing that the upshot of project equinox was the discovery of the cyclical nature of Thargoid activity- relating to the harvesting of meta alloys-and that Aegis used that knowledge to fabricate an Invasion narrative thus feeding the military machine... Among other things.

Top Bottom