General Extended FSD jumps

Allow us to jump to any star of system, just by focusing on them and turning FSD

Edit. To be accurate.

-Allow to jump between stars inside system.
-Jump to other system will always end on central/main star. We cannot choose other system's star where we can jump to, because all satellite stars are in shade of main star.
-We still cannot jump to planets because they're too light for FSD jump.

Last edited:
I'm telling about jumps inside system. If we select system as jump goal - we always arrive to system center star. But we can jump to stars inside systems if system was explored.

drive locks onto the body that has the biggest mass
while jumps BETWEEN systems - that's fair
but inside system we can be able to jump to other stars
just think that as jump to system inside other system
We can jump to any distance, for example 10 ly
But why we cannot jump to 0,1 ly, or 0,00001 ly?
We can use supercruise inside systems, but this is just another level of FSD usage - and massive star didn't prevent us to move to other stellar objects
So why not to jump to satellite star?

...no more long travels to space station on 500000 ls distance...

What difference between jump to other system or other star?

so jumping to other system prevent pirating too

etc
Because if I can select what star to jump to, why the heck can't I select what planet or what station to jump to.!

Regarding you long travel to space station on 500000 ls distance, I have told you a zillion times not to exaggerate :D

Because if I can select what star to jump to
Again - jumps between stars inside system. Planets are too light for FSD jumps.
When you jump to another system - you always jump to most massive star, because other stars of system are in shade of main star.

Again - jumps between stars inside system. Planets are too light for FSD jumps.
When you jump to another system - you always jump to most massive star, because other stars of system are in shade of main star.

Many missions are designed with travel time as a component, you get higher rewards for missions where the target is further from the entry point. If the purpose of this suggestion is to make it quicker to turn in missions then the reward may be reduced so that the mission is no longer worth taking anyway. If the idea is that you don't like taking missions and ending up with a mission target that's a long distance from entry point you can check travel distance when taking the mission and reject ones with long travel distances.

You don't have to travel long distances, most stations are pretty close to the entry point with a few a long way away, this gives variety to the game, players who don't mind long travel distances to get larger rewards can get them. If you change the jump to any star these higher paying missions will end. Why do you feel the need to have the system changed?

So why are you travelling to the "other stars" in the system in the first place?

is for a mission that will have you travel to a station nearby?
is to explore?

To my knowledge, there is no mandatory places have long super cruise distances, that you have to visit, so going there is a decision you have made. Also remember, that if we add such a capability, we also have to redo the mission payouts, as super cruise distance is a factor in what the payout is. This was one of the old gold rushes, to stack missions to a nearby system with long super cruise distance.

There is no shortcut to the free Anaconda at Hutton Orbital. You will have to travel there to learn the truth...

Yay, weekly (or is that daily) inter system jump thread ahoy...

I can't be bothered adding arguments for, or against, safe to say OP you probably should have used the search button before rehashing (read flogging a very dead horse) it again, this topic has been done to death and you still won't be getting what you want...

At least until you can afford (or are good friends with someone who owns) a fleet carrier.

Last edited:
while jumps BETWEEN systems - that's fair
but inside system we can be able to jump to other stars
just think that as jump to system inside other system
We can jump to any distance, for example 10 ly
But why we cannot jump to 0,1 ly, or 0,00001 ly?
We can use supercruise inside systems, but this is just another level of FSD usage - and massive star didn't prevent us to move to other stellar objects
So why not to jump to satellite star?
Because the FSD takes a set amount of time before it can shut down and pull you back out of wytchspace and in that time you will have travelled at least 0.5 Ly.

Because the FSD takes a set amount of time before it can shut down and pull you back out of wytchspace and in that time you will have travelled at least 0.5 Ly.

Hey I would be all in with that if the minimum jump distance was .5ly, ending up hundreds of thousands of ls past your target would be humorous indeed!

Top Bottom