Facing sides invisible on object?

I created a plain flour sack, but in game I cannot see the front faces, it only shows through to the inside of the object. What did I do wrong?

Ok I have fixed the issue by recalculating normals. But I have a similar problem with a flat banner I'm working on. One side is invisible, and recalculating normals isn't working to make it appear:

Last edited:
I created a plain flour sack, but in game I cannot see the front faces, it only shows through to the inside of the object. What did I do wrong?

View attachment 131189

Ok I have fixed the issue by recalculating normals. But I have a similar problem with a flat banner I'm working on. One side is invisible, and recalculating normals isn't working to make it appear:

View attachment 131192
The issue with that one is that if an object has a 2 dimensional side, i.e. just one Face, it will only show one side of it. What you need to do is to give it a back face as well.

you need to circumvent the backface cull (i wish there was an option to turn it on or off, would save a lot of tris) just copy the flag, rotate it and melt it into the other editable poly.
It will use the same UV coordinates, so you don't need to add more textures or anything. That'll do the trick

Top Bottom