[INDEPENDENT] Faction Help please

Hello cmdrs,

Im not new to ED but I am new to MF / PMF, there is a system I want to flip the controlling faction for and have done some searching and reading but need some clarification / help in making sense to it some more so I have some questions.

1) How do you tell which is the controlling station if both stations are small (no L pads) and can you take over the non controlling station to make it easier?

2) I know trading, outfitting and bounty hunting/claiming is a no-go if trying to flip the power as these all add only to the controlling faction so what is the best way to lower the controlling faction power? There is a Black Market but these are disabled and I cant see why

The system only has a population of 11,000 so it should not be 'to hard' to do its just trying to find the best way to do it without raising the current controlling factions influence.

any help is apprecated and i look forward to seeing your responses.

Last edited:
1) Between two outposts usually it will be the one which is the closest LS distance from the star in my experience. In any case if both are owned by the controlling faction, you will always contest the controlling station first as soon as enter a conflict with them.

2) Without owning assets your choices are either to murder controlling factions ships to lower their influence directly or to run missions for the faction you want to help take control from any station (which will take influence from controlling faction at same time). Stacking cargo / source / donation missions for the target faction you want to help can be pretty efficient to raise influence quickly, especially if get multiple cargo missions etc to the same destinations. Also make sure you take the influence reward option as much as possible.

1) Between two outposts usually it will be the one which is the closest LS distance from the star in my experience. In any case if both are owned by the controlling faction, you will always contest the controlling station first as soon as enter a conflict with them.

2) Without owning assets your choices are either to murder controlling factions ships to lower their influence directly or to run missions for the faction you want to help take control from any station (which will take influence from controlling faction at same time). Stacking cargo / source / donation missions for the target faction you want to help can be pretty efficient to raise influence quickly, especially if get multiple cargo missions etc to the same destinations. Also make sure you take the influence reward option as much as possible.

thanks, for point 1 thats good to know, i thought that was the case but wanted to check on it..

as for point 2.. yeah thats what we have been doing (missions and taking the influence rewards)... any one know of anyone that will takeout controlling faction ships for me? lol

Top Bottom