Faction War

Question: Is it possible to win a war against a controlling faction by winning battles only and not turning in the combat bonds?

If a faction controls all of the landable bases in a system and you go to war with said faction and become an enemy you will not be able to land\launch without getting blown up therefore you will not be able to turn in the combat bonds.

I don't think bonds cashed in to the Interstellar Factor actually help turn the tide of a war, because I don't think the game keeps track of exactly which war a combat bond is earned in. The factor only helps you to obtain the credits and the reputation gain, it has no benefit on either the warring parties or the faction sponsoring the IF.

This, at least, is my understanding?

I don't think bonds cashed in to the Interstellar Factor actually help turn the tide of a war, because I don't think the game keeps track of exactly which war a combat bond is earned in. The factor only helps you to obtain the credits and the reputation gain, it has no benefit on either the warring parties or the faction sponsoring the IF.

This, at least, is my understanding?
Correct. Two facts:
  • bonds affect the faction in the system you redeem them, and
  • you can't redeem at IF if the faction is present in the same system.

Therefore, it's impossible to hand bonds in at an IF where it could have any effect on the faction who issued it, in that same system.

E.g A and B are at war in system X, where an IF is present. It's impossible to hand in bonds to the IF issued by A in that system, it has to be done in a system A isn't present.

Last edited:

Deleted member 182079

D
Correct. Two facts:

Therefore, it's impossible to hand bonds in at an IF where it could have any effect on the faction who issued it, in that same system.
Interesting - how does this work with the FC redemption office or whatever it's called? I shied away from using it when I flipped a system, but more because I was worried it might be bugged (like those Spec Ops 'bonus' vouchers still count for the wrong side....) but I was luckily not in the same situation as the OP so could hand them in locally.

I thought that turning combat bonds effect was decreased and the main source of gaining influence in a war is to win High CZ.

Interesting - how does this work with the FC redemption office or whatever it's called? I shied away from using it when I flipped a system, but more because I was worried it might be bugged (like those Spec Ops 'bonus' vouchers still count for the wrong side....) but I was luckily not in the same situation as the OP so could hand them in locally.
I was under the impression that there was a similar two- office setup in fcs, one for an IF style submission, and one for local

Deleted member 182079

D
I was under the impression that there was a similar two- office setup in fcs, one for an IF style submission, and one for local
Will need to check - to be honest it should work fine using the FC for it, it's really more my paranoia that made me hesitate... at least if the FC is parked in the relevant system.

Correct. Two facts:

E.g A and B are at war in system X, where an IF is present. It's impossible to hand in bonds to the IF issued by A in that system, it has to be done in a system A isn't present.

What about if you redeem it at a fleet carrier that is in that system? I turned in combat bonds at the redemption office of a carrier stationed in the same system as I received the combat bonds. At this time I do not know the outcome.

What about if you redeem it at a fleet carrier that is in that system? I turned in combat bonds at the redemption office of a carrier stationed in the same system as I received the combat bonds. At this time I do not know the outcome.
Fleet Carrier redemption has been reported to work for the BGS.

Whether the 25% FC redemption charge reduces the BGS impact I'm not sure - I think it has been tested, but I can't find anyone saying what the results were.

You could also win a war by completing bgs scenarios from megaships (attack/defend), but this major feature is broken since fleet carriers release along with megaship looting. Fdev doesn't seem to bother.

After 2 days of civil war against the controlling faction which owns all landable and some other properties in the system, we have won both days by turning in combat bonds on the carrier only. We have become hostile to the system security ships around the carrier so landing is difficult. However, it was reported to me the system security ships around the carrier have disappeared.

Top Bottom