Fahrenheit, Pounds, etc.

The metric system is great! That being said, I did not grow up with this system and I can't seem to understand or remember it very well. My wish is for there to be a setting in the game for those that prefer another system such as Fahrenheit instead of Celsius, etc.
What's easier than base 10? it's not base 12
Water freeze 0c boil 100c.
Doesn't that seem a lot easier?
Get yourself into the 21st century with everybody else lol
o7

Just remember that at or below 0° Celsius water starts to freeze (It`s based on that, and that it starts to boil at 100°). And around 20° would be mild summer, at 30° its already pretty hot and at 40° it starts to get serious.

But i hope that you imperials (is it called imperial?) get an easy solution for this.
it's funny that the USA is still using the Imperial system even after they dumped the tea into the ocean.

Well, when you have 0 degrees Celsius it is also 32 degrees Fahrenheit. There are 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit to 1 degree Celsius. 40 times 1.8 equals 72. This means that, when you are at -40 Celsius you are also at -40 Fahrenheit.
100°F are around the temperature of a healthy human, so somewhere around 36-37°C.

Edit: I missed the minus, my fault. 😅 I will still let my comment be since I was right, too.

And Kelvin is great and all but I really dont want to use numbers as 270K to describe the weather. Using Celsius is more suitable for my daily life. And hey the difference of two temperatures is the same if you measure it in °C or Kelvin so nothing too much of a change if you have to use Kelvin.

Last edited:
I am not a sir.
I appreciate there being different systems to describe the same thing, such as temperature, weight or distance. It gives me an excuse to keep learning new things. Thank you all for your fun and enlightening comments.

Last edited:
Does it get colder the higher the elevation you build at the zoo?
Give a chance for the snow leopard to climb high

There are different biomes like Savanna, temperate, etc. with different natural temperatures to them. Elevation within the same biome should not have any bearing upon the temperature. There are heaters and coolers you can set down to adjust an specific area though.

The metric system is great! That being said, I did not grow up with this system and I can't seem to understand or remember it very well. My wish is for there to be a setting in the game for those that prefer another system such as Fahrenheit instead of Celsius, etc.
I'm pretty much metric, but...
I think this would be a nice option.
Not likely to happen, but it would get my vote.

I think it just boils down to the dev team being based in Europe - it does both way, if they’d decided to use imperial measurements they might have had to learn a new system themselves xD

That said I hope there is a way to switch it to make it easier to understand. I know it wouldn’t be much use for me since I can’t even begin to picture what imperial measurements look like when I read them (with the exception of feet since everyone measures human height that way, for some reason) but knowing how hard it is to understand imperial from knowing only metric does make me appreciate how hard it must be the other way round too lol.

I don’t know if there was a way to change it in PlanCo, since I’m sure measurement factored into coaster building? Was there a way to change it between imperial and metric in that game?

I think it just boils down to the dev team being based in Europe - it does both way, if they’d decided to use imperial measurements they might have had to learn a new system themselves xD
Not really, there are naturally formula to convert from metric to imperial and vice versa. They would just need to implement them without any further knowledge. There is really nothing to 'understand' about any system, it is just hard to have a feeling how tall, heavy etc something is of you aren't used to the units. So I do believe having both systems available is not too much work to implement.

Not really, there are naturally formula to convert from metric to imperial and vice versa. They would just need to implement them without any further knowledge. There is really nothing to 'understand' about any system, it is just hard to have a feeling how tall, heavy etc something is of you aren't used to the units. So I do believe having both systems available is not too much work to implement.
I meant if they'd picked imperial over metric during the development process, sorry if I wasn't clear about that. I appreciate that it would be an easy system to implement, it's just whether or not they have added that feature or not :)

I meant if they'd picked imperial over metric during the development process, sorry if I wasn't clear about that. I appreciate that it would be an easy system to implement, it's just whether or not they have added that feature or not :)
They still have some time though. Honestly this seems like one of the few wishes on here that might actually be small but reasonable enough to be put into the game. :D It might not be necessary to play the game but I personally would really to have a feeling how large and heavy my animals are when I see them in game. (Maybe implementing the feature is more problematic than I am assuming though).
But yeah we will see!

Everything is being converted to Flimley. So for example.... I’m travelling at a height of 30000 Flimley on a heading of three zero Flimley. When I land my cargo will make a 10million Flimley profit.

\o/

Everything is being converted to Flimley. So for example.... I’m travelling at a height of 30000 Flimley on a heading of three zero Flimley. When I land my cargo will make a 10million Flimley profit.

\o/

This is a bit dissapointing. A Flimley seems to be quite a small unit.
I once earned a Flimley point over there in the Elite Dangerous forum and considered me showered with presents ... :(

I'm sure they also created the building parts with the metric system in mind, like walls with 2 and 4m in lenght. They could simply change the numbers, but 6.5617 and 13.1234 ft is a bit awkward to read.

I still maintain that as good as the metric system is for science, Fahrenheit is still a superior measurement when all you care about is the weather outside. It is more granular specifically in the range of temperatures that a Human being cares about. That means you can give information on temperature without having to use decimal places. The difference between 1 degree Celsius is much larger than 1 degree Fahrenheit. I like setting my thermostat to 72 at night and not 22.3 or 22.4.

For science though yeah. For building stuff, heck yeah. Metric is sooooo much easier. Give me 1cm over 3/8s of an inch ANY day. And twice on Sunday.

Top Bottom