Fallen Order

Deleted member 110222

D
I just found out that The HU made a song in this game.

11/10 best Star Wars entry ever, because Mongolia.

I didn't start out all that interested in Fallen Order, but this looks like a game I could get into. It's been awhile since I've played a good SW single player game.

I'm quite the opposite.
At first it looked like we finally would get a good Star Wars game again without all the multiplayer bells and whistles.
Now it's released and I've watched a couple youtubes my interest decreases more and more.
The combat doesn't appeal to me at all somehow and neither does the whole atmosphere of the game.

I could be wrong but I'm not gonna spend 69.99 to find out.
I'll wait for a sale offer probably.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
I'm quite the opposite.
At first it looked like we finally would get a good Star Wars game again without all the multiplayer bells and whistles.
Now it's released and I've watched a couple youtubes my interest decreases more and more.
The combat doesn't appeal to me at all somehow and neither does the whole atmosphere of the game.

I could be wrong but I'm not gonna spend 69.99 to find out.
I'll wait for a sale offer probably.

I hear ya.
I picked it up on Steam but refunded it. It just didn't click with me.

I got kinda bored halway through and haven't touched it in weeks. Thankfully I didn't pay for it as it was included with Origin Access. Ah well, some more SSD space to fill with something else eventually.

I tried this game with Origin EAcces lately and its surprisingly good - as a SW game and as a EA game. Also from what I heard its selling very well in a contrary to whats EA claimed that noone wants SP games.

I tried this game with Origin EAcces lately and its surprisingly good - as a SW game and as a EA game. Also from what I heard its selling very well in a contrary to whats EA claimed that noone wants SP games.

It's good that its selling well. I hope they see the value in developing more in the franchise.

I've been away for the last 4 months on deployment so I've come back to nice little pressies like this. Played the first few hours of it last night and it's fun. Seems to be very on rails but I suppose that's ok as long as the combat and/or story are engaging enough to drive it forward.

Replayed this recently and its definitely one of the strongest games in the SW franchise. Bit of a necro for the thread but theres a second installment of it coming out in a few months.

I was quite surprised by the quality of the story in this. It takes a while to kick in but there are some really nice moments in it as the game opens up. I liked that it was set in that limbo period after the republic was brought down by the empire.

What I love most though is the combat, it's a tough game that rewards careful play and analysis of enemies weaknesses. You never feels completely at ease in any fight, the fights against tougher enemies are tense and difficult without being unfair, even the smaller threats are more than capable of kicking you in the pants now and then if you fall asleep fighting them.
The usual and expected force powers fit in beautifully in the combat system without being overpowered.

I would really recommend anyone to have a go at this game. It was free recently also and I'd imagine it's quite cheap anyway now.

Replayed this recently and its definitely one of the strongest games in the SW franchise. Bit of a necro for the thread but theres a second installment of it coming out in a few months.

I was quite surprised by the quality of the story in this. It takes a while to kick in but there are some really nice moments in it as the game opens up. I liked that it was set in that limbo period after the republic was brought down by the empire.

What I love most though is the combat, it's a tough game that rewards careful play and analysis of enemies weaknesses. You never feels completely at ease in any fight, the fights against tougher enemies are tense and difficult without being unfair, even the smaller threats are more than capable of kicking you in the pants now and then if you fall asleep fighting them.
The usual and expected force powers fit in beautifully in the combat system without being overpowered.

I would really recommend anyone to have a go at this game. It was free recently also and I'd imagine it's quite cheap anyway now.
Was the sequel finally announced? That would be great.
Definitely one of the highlights of recent years and kind of a saving grace for EA in a way, back when they were heavily pushing the multiplayer and "game as service" narrative, this game was a lightning from the blue.
Played through it three times and enjoyed it more and more.

What I like about the combat here is that it is challenging but not frustrating. The complete opposite of the From Soft games that I heartily despise. :LOL:

Was the sequel finally announced? That would be great.
Definitely one of the highlights of recent years and kind of a saving grace for EA in a way, back when they were heavily pushing the multiplayer and "game as service" narrative, this game was a lightning from the blue.
Played through it three times and enjoyed it more and more.

What I like about the combat here is that it is challenging but not frustrating. The complete opposite of the From Soft games that I heartily despise. :LOL:

Aye it has! Apparently out this year too, I'm going to go on a limb and say it's out in May.

I finished it today, loved it all. Like I said I'd played it a few years ago but for whatever reason didnt push through the thing. I think not going to Dethomir early helped a lot, saw that tip somewhere to wait until you have advanced the tree quite a lot.
I loved the story though, lots of really great moments and the ending made sense. I felt there were a few plot holes here and there with the whole "Cordova" vehicle as a way to advance the story though. Something didnt sit right with that a few times.
But overall this a bloodt solid game with great combat and "affect" with the forces powers. None of the characters annoyed me throughout, Cere in particular was very well thought out and acted.

Aye it has! Apparently out this year too, I'm going to go on a limb and say it's out in May.

I finished it today, loved it all. Like I said I'd played it a few years ago but for whatever reason didnt push through the thing. I think not going to Dethomir early helped a lot, saw that tip somewhere to wait until you have advanced the tree quite a lot.
I loved the story though, lots of really great moments and the ending made sense. I felt there were a few plot holes here and there with the whole "Cordova" vehicle as a way to advance the story though. Something didnt sit right with that a few times.
But overall this a bloodt solid game with great combat and "affect" with the forces powers. None of the characters annoyed me throughout, Cere in particular was very well thought out and acted.
Cere was actually the only character who didn't quite "click" for me at the beginning. But she's well written and acted and she grew on me quite early on.
Other than that, yes, extremely well-made singleplayer experience - like I said, something I really didn't expect of EA at the time.
This game convinced me there's hope for singleplayer story-driven games that aren't massive RPGs.

Can't wait to play the sequel. (fingers crossed I haven't jinxed anything)

I'm sure it's fine!

I'm not sure what I'd want to see improved in a sequel, I suppose the customisation could be a bit more engaging, the whole throw BD into a box and come out with clothing and weapon skins wasnt terribly interesting. I only bothered with finding them becuase it itched my gaming OCD to find them.

I'd love to see much more lore also and finding clever links to the movies.

I'm sure it's fine!

I'm not sure what I'd want to see improved in a sequel, I suppose the customisation could be a bit more engaging, the whole throw BD into a box and come out with clothing and weapon skins wasnt terribly interesting. I only bothered with finding them becuase it itched my gaming OCD to find them.

I'd love to see much more lore also and finding clever links to the movies.
I guess what I would like to see (and this is strictly personal, based on my general gaming preferences) is bit more platforming and enviromental puzzles and a bit less fighting.
The fighting is great fun in JFO but fighting through the same mobs for the fourth time does get a bit annoying at times.

So fewer mobs (balance it out with more mini-bosses, for example) and more brainwork.

But other than that, when comes to gameplay, I actually hope they're going to change as little as possible. It worked great.

Oooh I do love the combat myself :) I could hack down legions of poor troopers all day. For me I'd have them tighten up the combat. The boss fights and mini boss fights were ok but the hit detection from them and towards them could be a bit better.

And I do love puzzles :) lots more of those for sure.

Top Bottom