Fallout 1st

Yes Bethesda, folks been asking for those features but as a core improvement for the game not another payware addition. Its just getting better and better! :D

Brilliant.
So the things people have been asking for - private servers, stash, free fast travel points, etc... is coming. IN A PAID SUBSCRIPTION MODEL. A shameless P2W.
And the private servers don't support mods which was the ONLY reason people were asking for private servers.

tenor.gif

Bravo, Bethesda. You've just lost last of your fans.

Im not even phased or surprised anymore. Just more from the growing list of trash developers/studios: Bethesda, Bioware, Blizzard, Gear Box, Ubisoft, Activision, konomi..... I find my self looking at game trailers now and looking at who made it and basing my decisions off of that, not if it looks fun or cool. I didn't use to do that.

A good reminder as well that as much as I sometimes have issues with FD... FD has not turned into them....yet.

Im not even phased or surprised anymore. Just more from the growing list of trash developers/studios: Bethesda, Bioware, Blizzard, Gear Box, Ubisoft, Activision, konomi..... I find my self looking at game trailers now and looking at who made it and basing my decisions off of that, not if it looks fun or cool. I didn't use to do that.

A good reminder as well that as much as I sometimes have issues with FD... FD has not turned into them....yet.
There are still good guy devs, out there. But yeah, it's starting to look really depressing.

There are still good guy devs, out there. But yeah, it's starting to look really depressing.
Agreed, but....
I love star wars, upcoming New star wars game with EA logo next to it. Pass
Loved Borderlands 2: Didn't even Blink for the third release
Anthem from Bioware: ME: Andromeda? Whole bag of nope
Battlefield 5? After the loot box scandal? Double nope on a rope.
Upcoming Elder Scolls 6? Not even interested and its not even announced yet. Pre-uninterested :)

Goods news for small developers and studios. Thats were my money is going to these days.

Deleted member 110222

D
Here's what you guys will find really interesting...

As you know by now, I usually play ESO these days, in fact within a year of playing I'm looking at 1k hours. It is a good game, aggressive marketing aside. (I don't even mind the marketing in ESO. Nothing in the cash shop will make you pass vMA. It's all cosmetic)

What's interesting is that aside from the private servers, which don't exist in ESO, the Fallout 1st subscription is almost identical to the perks offered by ESO+. Hell, where Fallout 1st offers 1650 Atoms a month... Guess how many Crowns you get per month from ESO+? Not to mention the unlimited crafting storage, and the member discounts on the cash shop. It is literally the same thing.

Only except it makes sense in ESO because you know, MMO.

But yeah... Bethesda have basically confirmed that they do want to support mods in the future, but you will have to subscribe in order to do so, should it ever come, as you must subscribe for private servers. It's in the article.

Bethesda is very lucky I'm utterly in love with the wider TES lore. Otherwise I might have just been put off TESVI. I'm not BTW. Not sure what will put me off that game.

Here's what you guys will find really interesting...

As you know by now, I usually play ESO these days, in fact within a year of playing I'm looking at 1k hours. It is a good game, aggressive marketing aside. (I don't even mind the marketing in ESO. Nothing in the cash shop will make you pass vMA. It's all cosmetic)

What's interesting is that aside from the private servers, which don't exist in ESO, the Fallout 1st subscription is almost identical to the perks offered by ESO+. Hell, where Fallout 1st offers 1650 Atoms a month... Guess how many Crowns you get per month from ESO+? Not to mention the unlimited crafting storage, and the member discounts on the cash shop. It is literally the same thing.

Only except it makes sense in ESO because you know, MMO.

But yeah... Bethesda have basically confirmed that they do want to support mods in the future, but you will have to subscribe in order to do so, should it ever come, as you must subscribe for private servers. It's in the article.

Bethesda is very lucky I'm utterly in love with the wider TES lore. Otherwise I might have just been put off TESVI. I'm not BTW. Not sure what will put me off that game.
I think that is what they are doing - trying to copy the ESO monetization model onto F76.
The only problem is... ESO is a great game, while F76 is sticking pile of crap.
Maybe because ESO isn't made by Bethesda, but by people who grew up on good old Bethesda games. It's almost funny how far they've fallen. Almost. If it wasn't so damn infuriating...

Otherwise I might have just been put off TESVI
Well, they can still announce TESVI as a P2W MOBA for mobile phones, you never know.

Should have made FO76 single player and let the modders fix it......as usual. I find this backlash comical actually. The FO76 reddit is full of "praise and admiration" from the community.

Deleted member 110222

D
I think that is what they are doing - trying to copy the ESO monetization model onto F76.
The only problem is... ESO is a great game, while F76 is sticking pile of crap.
Maybe because ESO isn't made by Bethesda, but by people who grew up on good old Bethesda games. It's almost funny how far they've fallen. Almost. If it wasn't so damn infuriating...

Well, they can still announce TESVI as a P2W MOBA for mobile phones, you never know.
Definitely.

See it would make sense if Fallout were a proper MMO. But it isn't.

I hate it when people call 76 an MMO. It isn't. But a lot of people these days have not played an MMO and because some reviews wrongly say it's an MMO... It's an MMO, apparently.

Yeah, the fact that ESO is developed and balanced by ZOS, not Bethesda... That's definitely a reason why the game is good. ZOS actually know how to handle an online service game. Kinda' in their brand name.

I don't know why Bethesda suddenly got interested in online-only stuff. It was never their thing and they'd be much more well regarded had they stuck to offline gaming.

Top Bottom