PvP FalterXV89 Presents: Chronic Wake Syndrome

💀
What do you get when a group of "pirates" attacks the, lone 'Gneisenau?'
(Thumbnail is Gneisenau, and not Shinobu. Same 'shipfu' as the ship's namesake.)

- - -

Biweave PVP Corvette used in the video:
https://s.orbis.zone/3ma1

- - -

Song(s) used in video:
Destiny:The Taken King - Last Stand
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2fpifLn0ns

- - -

GG's to all CMDR's involved who tried to kill me.

- - -

Want to learn to PVP with the last Hull tankers in the galaxy?
Join / Pledge Ravenwing Marauders today!

Last edited:
Always interesting to see another take on the bi-weave corvette.

What mod is on the cannon, dispersal or thermal cascade?

Always interesting to see another take on the bi-weave corvette.

What mod is on the cannon, dispersal or thermal cascade?
Thermal Cascade for now. It's an old Legacy Cannon that I haven't bothered to upgrade to 3.0. I considered running my old Legacy High Yield but thought better.
The plan is to eventually upgrade the Vette to have Dispersal over the Cascade. Double PAs proved to be a bit too taxing for my liking so that's why I switched back to the Single Cannon.

With the way I fly, I just couldn't make use of the PAs all the time in the way I wanted.
She's (my Vette,) functionally built to operate like a more shielded version of the MEGA Gunship that I also pioneered to be an alternative to the FDL "META."
Which, I think everyone knows I don't consider functional or even META at this point, just an excuse to crutch on shields and claim skill.

I've got a question for OP and @Morbad. Why Bi-weave?
While I understand why it makes sense to avoid prismatic shields as those force you to use an overcharged powerplant. On the other hand the normal 7A shield offers nearly 1k mj more shielding, while still being capable to recover just 40 seconds slower (all boosters switched off) than the Bi-weave shield and regenerating 100mj more than the Bi-weave. I do see the advantages of a Bi-weave in a straight duel, as the regeneration will kick in regularly pushing the actual mj higher, but as soon as there are more than one attacker this isn't an advantage anymore. I've used both the Bi-weave and the normal 7A and the latter feels a lot more solid against more than one CMDR. While power is a bit tighter than with the biweave I can still run two 7A shield cells and an AFMU.

Last edited:
Now give 2 of your opponents TLB PA and repeat this...
TLB is one of the reason I transitioned away from projectiles on the vette loadout I use. Before the cooldown I found it exceedingly difficult to land shots on targets that knew how to leverage their laterals and keep a reasonable distance, even with LR/focused weapons.

However, now that there is a significant cooldown I may give them another go.

I normally avoid standard velocity PA/cannon in general, especially if I'm in a ship that cannot reliably control engagement range, because a good opponent will be able to move out of the way, after the shot is fired, often enough to erase any DPS/DPE advantages such mods may have over LR or focused. Cutting travel time in half makes that much more difficult.

While I understand why it makes sense to avoid prismatic shields as those force you to use an overcharged powerplant. On the other hand the normal 7A shield offers nearly 1k mj more shielding, while still being capable to recover just 40 seconds slower (all boosters switched off) than the Bi-weave shield and regenerating 100mj more than the Bi-weave. I do see the advantages of a Bi-weave in a straight duel, as the regeneration will kick in regularly pushing the actual mj higher, but as soon as there are more than one attacker this isn't an advantage anymore. I've used both the Bi-weave and the normal 7A and the latter feels a lot more solid against more than one CMDR. While power is a bit tighter than with the biweave I can still run two 7A shield cells and an AFMU.
In practice, I find the passive regeneration advantageous in virtually essentially any situation my CMDR isn't doomed to have to withdraw from anyway, and the collapsed regeneration more than makes up for the lower upfront shielding when fighting small numbers of hostiles that can't cripple the ship in one or two collapse/regen cycles.

Since I'm targeting 60-70 seconds from sheild collapse to restoration, including that 15 second cooldown, another 40 seconds would be a significant increase in time the hull and modules are exposed. I'm also not turning off all boosters (I usually only turn off two HD boosters, leaving my resistance boosters and on HD booster intact); to do so results in the sheilds being too weak when they come back online and shifts the proportion of collapsed time too far towards that unprofitable idle period. Shields stay collapsed too long and retreat may not be possible, or the ship may be destroyed before they can regenerate; bottoming out the SYS cap is also something to avoid. Shields come back up too soon and that collapsed regeneration advantage is squandered, only for the shields to be knocked out again that much sooner (600+MJ is a lot more useful than 300-400). It's a balancing act that can be advantageous or not, depending on situation and how well one leverages it, but it definitely adds depth...and challenge.

There are certainly cases where a standard generator would be more advantageous, but that's rare. Another 600MJ of upfront shielding, with similar generator mods and boosters, is generally less than the total regeneration advantage the hybrid loadout I prefer will see.

Of course, I've also always favored unconventional setups and I originally picked up the vette because the FDL felt safe to the point it was getting a bit boring.

TLB is one of the reason I transitioned away from projectiles on the vette loadout I use. Before the cooldown I found it exceedingly difficult to land shots on targets that knew how to leverage their laterals and keep a reasonable distance, even with LR/focused weapons.

However, now that there is a significant cooldown I may give them another go.
I didn't tried vette much post TLB nerf, perhaps pitching makes her less vulnerable to TLB, but cutter day is ruined against 2 fighters with TLB, it hard counters torpedoes and seekers, and cooldown is just lol, i need more time than cooldown last to point cutter nose in FA-of into FDL's and other fast ships. There is also some bug? i think that dots for bottom fixed hitscans weapons on cutter don't point actual place weapon are aimed when target is not selected. I still dreaming about giving ALL experimental effects to npc's, and hopefully devs finally try to play their game to investigate. Not scaling dispersal and TLB cooldown with sensors class make shallow gameplay, anything that is not PA have too big opportunity cost to take under current mechanics. Of course you can to some extent limit damage with decent wing tactics, but for single pilot facing gank it's just ruined gameplay, obviously everybody loves rock, paper scissors ****

Sorry it took me a while to respond to this:
I prefer the biweave, my build actually runs a armored powerplant and the regen is nothing to scoff at.
With 3300 total joules on the weave, and, (the current fit here,) running 15 SCBs, and 5500 armor it's quite durable with its main threat being plasma absolute and being swamped by a lot of targets.

In my humble opinion, a Prismatic shield usually is indicative of a pilot having lower skill and needing more joules to make up for his lack of piloting. (Generalized statement.)
This used to be the common consensus even in the PvP scene, before the MEGA FGS started literally tearing old Biweave FDLs apart in under 3 minutes which forced the META to adapt back into Prismatic shields once 3.0 rolled out and made those who were using the old weave setups, obsolete based on their pilot class and ability.
7A will give more total shields, and in my opinion As are more universally adaptable than the Prismatics are, so you're right in that respect.

I think at the end of the day, it comes down to personal preference and the skill most pilots have.
It is much harder to fly a ship that requires aggressive pip management and tanks on the armor, rather than the shield itself. And, typically biweaves on hull tanks fit that higher niche in PvP and PVE combat.

It is much harder to fly a ship that requires aggressive pip management and tanks on the armor, rather than the shield itself. And, typically biweaves on hull tanks fit that higher niche in PvP and PVE combat.
I agree (although my experience here is limited) and I'd also say it's better for learning too. I've recently made the switch to ships/build where high pip maintenance is necessary and while I do loose my PvP fights far more often than before, I'm also improving faster than before.

Top Bottom