General / Off-Topic Farewell CMDR's - Until we meet again somewhere in the black!

Welcome CMDR's,

It is with a heavy heart that I type this post and not one I type lightly. Recently I have returned to the world of work which is taking up a huge chunk of my time, so much so that I have to prioritise my time in front of my own PC. As such this will be the last thread I post for quite some time. I'll still be checking in every now and then but sadly I just do not have the time to create threads that may be of interest to some. My time in game will also have to be reduced to a bare minimum which means it will take me even longer to get to Sag A... One day Bran, One day.

Since I was got my pilots licence back in June 3301 I have enjoyed every minute in Elite - Even those darn Beige planets have given me lots of fun. Shortly after starting my space fairing adventure I found the forums and was a bit taken back by the negative posts that I saw. It was then that one of the moderators (I think) said maybe I would change that. I don't think I have but I do like to think that I have bought a smile to some CMDR's faces of the last two years.

You V The Weekend: Has been my favourite regular thread and I would like to thank everyone who has ever posted in one for helping to inspire not just myself but others to try something different in the Elite galaxy. We had great fun and laughs at times with the mods joining in the fun. Thank-You all so much for this - Even you Aunty ;)

If anyone wants to carry this on then please do so, I would be honoured.

Question of the week: I liked to ask the questions no on else wanted to as they were not really that important but again we had fun and put smiles on faces so I'd like to thank all those who participated in these threads too.

Monday Madness: Not many of us like Monday. It's back to work and that means less time to follow our dreams of conquering that galaxy so what better way to start the week off than having a fun thread. I just planted the idea and it was you, the community that made it all so great. Thank-you.

And then of course there was:

Forum ship of the year 2016 - A fantastic series of threads where you decided which ship in Elite was the true king of space over the course of several weeks.

Poll of Poll's! - Who knows, with me not posting threads maybe Brett will let you have them back!?

There have been many other threads that I have started which have been interesting - to numerous to mention here but for everyone of you that has taken part - Thank-you.

I would like to take time to mention several CMDR's who have helped make my time here so much fun...

Tj, Ian Phillips, Rob Maynard, Ziggy, Verminstar, Theodrid, Conch, Stitch, Alec, Mira, Backer, Gluttony Fang, 777Driver, Shadragon, Hutton Truckers and so many more that have entertained me and posted such good posts/threads!

A special thanks must go to Bomba Luigi for crashing on Wilson which was the greatest time I have had in the game. Thanks for playing the game like real life and sticking with the SRV for as long as you did and of course to every member of the Thunder Birds Rescue squad as well as everyone I met there and still have on my friends list. This was a great showing of how people help people - A great way to live your life.

I could list so many more CMDR's who have inspired me, challenged me and made me smile...

Non of this would of been possible if not for one common factor, Elite Dangerous and Frontier Development - Thank-you to everyone involved for creating such an amazing game around which such a great community has sprung up. Helped along of course by Ed Lewis, thanks to you to buddy! I will of course carry on training towards my marathon for charity but that too has to be slowed down due to time constraints but it will happen and of course I will let all of you know when and where.

To close I'd like to finish by saying that all of the fun I've had here has been down to you, all of you, for accepting my somewhat different take on 'stuff' and joining in my threads in the spirit they are meant and for making me feel a part of this great galaxy and if you should ever happen to be in the system known as Bran, raise a glass, drink a toast and post something fun just for the sake of making someone smile.

Thank-You CMDR's,

Bran o7

[video=youtube;XzcHJAONSSo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzcHJAONSSo[/video]

verminstar

Banned
Sad to hear this m8, truly...commenting in yer weekend threads always felt like dancing through a minefield with so many mods there...one wrong move in there, and yer in a world of pain and misery (a weeks holiday from the forum)

Was truly a travesty seeing what has become a regular feature in deranged dissection moved into off topic...dunno which mod it was thought that was a cool idea but guess what...it wasnt cool [down]

Im outta the game but doin the bad smell routine of hanging around the forums outta curiosity as to what shiny 2.4 contains...if any. Busy in real life too and real life always comes first so understands. Said it elsewhere m8 and Ill say it again...another battlefield, another time perhaps...sincerely hope ye have enough years left in ye to last that long...I know yer gettin on a wee bit and all, but dont ye go all senile on us and giving up the childish games we play :D

Its not goodbye...its cya later old timer [alien]

As fer this game? I honestly dont know yet...its stressful here and ye were an oasis of light hearted craic in a sea of salt. Ye will be missed bran...more than ye know ^

Edit...5 minutes and Im over it...can I haz yer stuff btw?

Last edited:
Cheer's Bran. Hope to see you again, soon.

o7

Thanks o7

Are you now to be employed as a 00_ agent ?

Flimley :)

If I told you that I'd have to shoot you so no it's not that, I'm working for a company in Liverpool who are trying to get some bespoke software created but they have run into difficulties. As boss is a friend of mine and knows what I've done in the past he asked me to try and lend a hand by taking on the project and seeing it through to completion.

Sad to hear this m8, truly...commenting in yer weekend threads always felt like dancing through a minefield with so many mods there...one wrong move in there, and yer in a world of pain and misery (a weeks holiday from the forum)

Was truly a travesty seeing what has become a regular feature in deranged dissection moved into off topic...dunno which mod it was thought that was a cool idea but guess what...it wasnt cool [down]

Im outta the game but doin the bad smell routine of hanging around the forums outta curiosity as to what shiny 2.4 contains...if any. Busy in real life too and real life always comes first so understands. Said it elsewhere m8 and Ill say it again...another battlefield, another time perhaps...sincerely hope ye have enough years left in ye to last that long...I know yer gettin on a wee bit and all, but dont ye go all senile on us and giving up the childish games we play :D

Its not goodbye...its cya later old timer [alien]

As fer this game? I honestly dont know yet...its stressful here and ye were an oasis of light hearted craic in a sea of salt. Ye will be missed bran...more than ye know ^

Edit...5 minutes and Im over it...can I haz yer stuff btw?

We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when!

You sir, have been a joy to have replies from. I have always enjoyed reading your take on the state of the galaxies latest dramas, exploits and design choices. Never give in, never surrender my friend!

Oh and this has nothing to do with Aunty moving the thread, he was just following the rules as the post didn't really mention Elite stuff - But I did shove this down here just to save the lazy mod pressing a few buttons... :D
Only messing Aunty ;)

Right, bed time.

Goodnight and goodbye for now.

Nice obituary you old git. problem is; when you rise from the dead and you will. You'll be even grumpier and awkward.

Enjoy the extra cash; because that is what work is all about. Work to live and don't live to work.

Good luck and look forward to hearing from you soon, with another fine example of entertaining wit.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Good luck, Bran! We'll miss your presence on the forum for sure. :) Hopefully you won't make yourself scarce for too long.

It's a real terjerker losing a valuable member of the Elite Community.

I wish you all the best in your upcoming endeavours and hope that you will still check in every now and then.

I tip my hat to you sir and raise a glass.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Oh did my evil plan finally work then???

Only joking, always fun having the banter with your good self.

If you're at the Expo in Oct you can attack me with that fish. :D

Last edited:
Oh mate I'm in bits. This is like that bit when Queeg switched Holly off

I, too, am hoping Bran will follow up with an avatar change featuring novelty glasses/tache, announcing that this has "April, May, June, July, and August fool"

Bran mate, it's been good getting to know ya. I'll be back on ED soon and hope to see you around.

If I commanded half your charisma or positive reputation around these parts, I would lovingly resume your "v the weekend" threads. Here's to someone with the right je ne sais quoi taking it on.

Cheers!

Last edited:
We haven't interacted that much, but I've enjoyed your posts in the forum.

I would like to point out that there's a spelling mistake in your post though. Could you please fix it before you go.

Top Bottom