Attempting the same record run!

Hello Cmdr Keef Drow!

I attempted the same record from from Ishum's Reach (Semotus Beacon) two years ago and only got +3.4 ly with 32t of fuel in a stock Conda. I am doing the VERY SAME run as yourself presently, using a fuel tanked Conda. Started the SC travel from the outlying star at Oevasi SG-Y D0 last night. The ship has a Guardian FSD booster, 7A Fuel scoop, and 3A Prismatic shields, so it appears I only have about 340t of fuel and will fall short of the mark.

Cmdr DARIVS ARCHITECTVS

Last edited:
I knew someone was going to do it... Congratulations Cmdr, you crashed my 65,705LY [big grin]
It is always like this.. I just thought about stretching it more (without refueling help though).. and then BOOM.. somebody just did it :)

I will try again, I need to finish however my current challenge

Fly safe

Last edited:
I am not even sure if I am able to beat it.. let's see :)

Yeah 65,727.44Ly... I'm not sure how he got what is that.. 2 days further? That's about 21.6 tons more fuel than I had. Hrm.... And I had CMDR Major Klutz give me like 16 tons+- of fuel (forgot exact amount).

Should be rather easy to calculate: For ~67 ly at 2000c you need ~12.2 days of supercruise travel or 293 hours. So with 750t of fuel you would need less than ~2.5 t/hour fuel consumption rate to beat it

Yes.

Plus of course you need a ship with a big enough jump range to physically be able to get to the furthest star.
I've not tried but I'm not sure an exploration-built cutter is capable of the necessary range.

Oh ... and you wont get 750 tons of fuel as you'll need a biggish scoop and sensibly some AFMs and other bits just to be able to get to the last star to make your attempt.

Interestingly though the slow but ongoing changes in tech and ships does mean that records like this can be continuously challenged...

I've not tried but I'm not sure an exploration-built cutter is capable of the necessary range.

Oh ... and you wont get 750 tons of fuel as you'll need a biggish scoop and sensibly some AFMs and other bits just to be able to get to the last star to make your attempt.
A cutter can easily do it. Don't need a big scoop nor any AFMUs if you are focussed on the record. And it is 848 T fuel for a fuel tanker cutter build.

I will check it out if it's worth it.. Fuel Rats could beat it in any moment. Considering that last two attempts busting the records were with refueling, there is not much to do anymore for a single pilot :D

About that... it doesn't look like a Cutter will make the jumps out that way without at least a Guardian FSB and adding jumponium on top of that. And that's just the farthest jump. All the big jumps to get there would take a lot of jumponium.

The max tons of fuel is 832 and that's if you're insane enough to live on a 3A fuel scoop.

This also means no AMFU and that means no Neutron Star route... which makes travel out there and back just terrible.

And for those ppl who think you don't need a fuel scoop, you don't play this game, do you.

Last edited:
About that... it doesn't look like a Cutter will make the jumps out that way without at least a Guardian FSB and adding jumponium on top of that. And that's just the farthest jump. All the big jumps to get there would take a lot of jumponium.

it is possible..

Top Bottom