General / Off-Topic Favourite quotes (new thread)

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. "

-HL Mencken
That reminds me:

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

My hobby is slogans and quotes. They are copyrighted.

Do you have any music from the third quarter of the last century? (c)2011-WRR

I'm a dinosaur in a digital age. My cell phone has a rotary dial. (c)2011-WRR

I’m a dinosaur in a digital age. My calculator is an abacus. (c)2011-WRR

I'm a dinosaur in a digital age. My watch only works on sunny days. (c)2011-WRR

I'm a dinosaur in a digital age. My credit card is my word. (c)2011-WRR

I'm a dinosaur in a digital age. My television is an open window, with no screen. (c)2011-WRR

My father called me a know-it-all, and not someone who knows how to use it all. (c)2010-WRR

My father called me a know-it-all, he didn’t teach me how to use it all. (c)2010-WRR

One's IQ is irrelevant without knowledge, application, morality, and common sense. (c)2007-WRR

Excellence is the culmination of knowledge, experience, wisdom, attitude, desire, and performance. It manifests itself in your willingness to apply these attributes to the best of your ability. (c)2005-WRR

Texas, It's Like A Whole Nother Country. (c) 1993-WRR

The more people involved in a decision, the more absurd the decision will be!. (c)2011-WRR

Any great feature, device, or application, will be discontinued shortly. Any crappy feature, device or application will remain on the market for years. (c)2010-WRR

Truth is the reality in which we all agree. (c)1985-WRR

The most difficult thing to understand is simplicity itself. (c)1985-WRR

As a species, we are all singularly unique. But in the end, humanity is not cosmically significant. (c) WRR-2017

o7...

Last edited:
“Nova Imperium survives in the Paresa system, a single light in the darkness. We stand for an Empire that respects everyone, from slaves to senators. I truly hope that any who value honour and tradition will help keep our spark alive.”

-Hadrian Augustus Duval

I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something.

I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.

Top Bottom