FC Outfitting Bug

Not sure I should report this.

I went out to a Guardian Site to get weapons blueprints and while running around in my SRV, got stuck between two structures up-side-down and destroyed by a sentinel.

Of course, I found myself back on my ship with no more SRV's. So rather than fly all the way back to some station out of the system, I decided to search the FC's parked all around the planet and see if one of them offered outfitting. After landing at a few, I found the U.S.S. Dallas. I landed, went to Outfitting and tried to purchase a SRV. For what ever reason, in Outfitting, it won't allow you to purchase an SRV. Yes, I did not realize at the time the SRV is considered a "reloadable" item, like limpets or ammo, so what I did was "Sell" the SRV Bay and repurchase it.

Here is the bug.
I sold my current SRV bay for some 29K credits, and then repurchased it for 18K credits, making some 11K credits in profit in the process. This then allowed me to purchase the SRV for the bay.

"Slot": "Slot05_Size2",
"SellItem": "$int_buggybay_size2_class2_name;",
"SellItem_Localised": "Planetary Vehicle Hangar",

"SellPrice": 29292,

"Slot": "Slot05_Size2",
"BuyItem": "$int_buggybay_size2_class2_name;",
"BuyItem_Localised": "Planetary Vehicle Hangar",
"BuyPrice": 18954,

Now, I was rather annoyed that the FC had a 100% tariff and since I purchased fuel and repairs, the carrier owner made some small profit. Given the profit I made back on selling him my SRV bay for more than he charges for one, I walked away a winner in the deal.

My apologies to the owner of the U.S.S. Dallas, I had no intention of trying to make a profit from you, but in the end, this is a bug.

EDIT: Added log entry.

Last edited:
SRV purchase should be done through 'Armoury' Restock. Doubt anyone is becoming a billionaire anytime soon through that exploit.

I took SRV's and SLF's out with me on my last trip, a couple of cmdrs bought a few. Stock actually depletes in outfitting, it is infinite through the Armoury.

Now, I was rather annoyed that the FC had a 100% tariff and since I purchased fuel and repairs, the carrier owner made some small profit. Given the profit I made back on selling him my SRV bay for more than he charges for one, I walked away a winner in the deal.
The money for selling the SRV bay comes out of the ether, not the carrier budget.

Otherwise you could dock with a carrier, drop an 8A fuel scoop on it, fly off and get another one, repeat until the carrier is (rapidly) bankrupt.

So you were both winners.

(If it's reproducible then it's probably an infinite money bug. But I suspect what's happened here is that your full SRV bay has been sold including the price of the SRVs, and the one you just bought has been bought not including that, so at some point you'll need to pay another 8k to fit the SRVs to it)

(If it's reproducible then it's probably an infinite money bug. But I suspect what's happened here is that your full SRV bay has been sold including the price of the SRVs, and the one you just bought has been bought not including that, so at some point you'll need to pay another 8k to fit the SRVs to it)
I don't think so. My SRV was destroyed on the planet and I found myself on my ship with the SRV Hanger empty, with the label "Destroyed" in outfitting under the SRV Hanger and sub module for the SRV. So when I sold the SRV Hanger to the FC, it was empty. Anytime you buy an SRV Hanger, whether from a Station or an FC, it does not come with the SRV. You always have to purchase the SRV separately. The reason I went to the FC was to buy an SRV only, but did not realize you could get one as it is a "restockable/disposable" item like limpets or ammo. What suprised me was that while on the FC, in outfitting, it would not let me purchase an SRV while the SRV module was labeled "Destroyed". So I just sold the hanger and repurchased it, then purchased an SRV for it.

What I should have done is go to "Restock" and replace the SRV, but I did not realise that was an option at the time. So I just sold the hanger and repurchased it along with another SRV.

Last edited:
Top Bottom