FD can you please come up with a soultion to CMDR's blocking the pads at the outpost?

To be honest... I've only read the first page. I would say that I'm amazed by the total lack of understanding of the "responses" and "Solutions" to OPs issue but I've seen enough to know that most commanders don't bother to understand what the commander has said, just a quick read and a totally unsuitable response to the situation.

The keys phrases are bolded, underscored, and italicized and colored in red for all of you who suggest solo mode... "I know I can switch to solo etc... but when you are in wing and you have cmdrs sitting on the pad for 10 min or longer with no response to any comms etc... it becomes a real pain,last night the same cmdr' had the pad blocked for on 4 diffrent attempts to land at the outpost.and then some people wander they get shot at for "no reason"

Now, if you suggested that they fly in a private group, you get a gold star for at least making a suggestion that might work given the constraints of solo mode... [rolleyes]

Last edited:
Y'know, I swear that in all the time I've been playing ED, I've never once been waiting in a docking queue (with DC enabled) and then started to dock.

Maybe it's just that I'm most commonly in that position at CGs, in Open, and other CMDRs just "queue jump" (because they're not actually aware of the queue) but my ship just sits there for 5 minutes, I watch other ships come and go and then I get bored of waiting, throttle up, stick it through the slot and suddenly the DC decides I can dock after all.

It happens to me on occasion. Rarely though. Never get stuck there though. Maybe 20-30 sec then goes about its business.

I know I can switch to solo etc... but when you are in wing and you have cmdrs sitting on the pad for 10 min or longer with no response to any comms etc... it becomes a real pain,
last night the same cmdr' had the pad blocked for on 4 diffrent attempts to land at the outpost.
and then some people wander they get shot at for "no reason"

The solution is to allow people to blow the people off the pad.. remove that outpost response. Problem solved..

Ironically this is what DB originally said what would happen..

Last edited:
Top Bottom