Powerplay FDev, for God's sake, make Powerplay OPEN ONLY already!

A lot of people, including me, all hopped on to comment. It was all over the social media sites.

If you added up all the people expressing any opinion on the forums and in places like Reddit, it would be a tiny fraction of the total player base though. I don't play Poweplay mainly because I felt it was too disconnected from the game as a whole. My personal thoughts is that the entire PP is fundamentally flawed and needs to be reworked entirely. I sympathise with your frustrations but cannot agree on your conclusions. Yes, players in private or solo are competing in what is obviously a flawed design, however instancing is fundamentally flawed too. My own experiences with trying to wing up with a friend who lives less than mile from me have been less than optimal. We've saw during the live streams from FDev themselves where they have failed to see other players in their own wings, have failed to see Unknown Artifacts that other players in the same instance can see. We see many posts in the forums about people interdicting or being interdicted by players and not seeing the other guy, or seeing ghost ships.

So I cannot agree that your conclusion of it all being down to people in PG or solo being the root cause, is the main culprit. I do hope that somewhere in FDev HQ they are working on an improved PowerPlay mechanic that manages to make it a more enjoyable and inclusive occupation for all those involved.

If you added up all the people expressing any opinion on the forums and in places like Reddit, it would be a tiny fraction of the total player base though. I don't play Poweplay mainly because I felt it was too disconnected from the game as a whole. My personal thoughts is that the entire PP is fundamentally flawed and needs to be reworked entirely. I sympathise with your frustrations but cannot agree on your conclusions. Yes, players in private or solo are competing in what is obviously a flawed design, however instancing is fundamentally flawed too. My own experiences with trying to wing up with a friend who lives less than mile from me have been less than optimal. We've saw during the live streams from FDev themselves where they have failed to see other players in their own wings, have failed to see Unknown Artifacts that other players in the same instance can see. We see many posts in the forums about people interdicting or being interdicted by players and not seeing the other guy, or seeing ghost ships.

So I cannot agree that your conclusion of it all being down to people in PG or solo being the root cause, is the main culprit. I do hope that somewhere in FDev HQ they are working on an improved PowerPlay mechanic that manages to make it a more enjoyable and inclusive occupation for all those involved.

Capture.PNG

Worked for Powerplay though.

Open Only has many issues but an imperfect Open Only with problematic instancing et al will still be better than the current situation with abuse of Solo & Private Groups to cause mass destruction via 5C sabotage and to influence the outcome of conflicts with no risk of interception.

Regrettably Powerplay has a comparatively small player base which means any potential update is subject to the successful progression of development on features that affect the wider player base. Thus, it is unfortunate that FDev have to prioritise but if they don't there mightn't be an Elite Dangerous as a game nevermind Powerplay as a feature of said game. Hopefully once Beyond Chapter 4 is rolled out an evaluation of Powerplay's future can take place and its future decided upon.

CMDR Justinian Octavius

It's like the people complaining about instancing have never tried wing fights. It's frustrating at times, but most of the time it actually does work. They say things like "Well I saw it wasn't working on the FDev stream that one time." Instancing is but a small fraction of the problem that PG/Solo is.

It's like the people complaining about instancing have never tried wing fights. It's frustrating at times, but most of the time it actually does work. They say things like "Well I saw it wasn't working on the FDev stream that one time." Instancing is but a small fraction of the problem that PG/Solo is.

Perhaps perhaps not, the plain truth is no one but frontier know for sure, anyone (including myself) is just guessing.

Would be interesting to know where all these players came from (FUC video of colossal wing fights)

[video=youtube;79tpZFEDgX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79tpZFEDgX0&t=767s&app=desktop[/video]

You can get 18 player instances. How comes at the CG I can see all kinds of pvpers, yet no one hauling?

We should at least have cross play with Xbox. PS4 might even be a possibility now.

But open only on all platforms must surely be the way.

I admire the effort put in by Winters, but is it worth playing against the ZYADA group when they are working in PG only?

I suppose that any significant changes to power play not come this year, but hot fixes even in current structure are easy to apply. Introduce 24 hours limit for depositing undermining merits to reduce merit bombs effects, there is no reason to not have it, most missions already have 24H time to complete them, another would be adding phasing weapons NPC's in power play combat zones to counter AFK turret boats, we have them in game already, so for what we are waiting FD, the letter not even need mention in patch notes IMO:)

[video=youtube_share;10MRzEhp7Rc]https://youtu.be/10MRzEhp7Rc[/video]

Talking about not being in OPEN....

Talking about not being in OPEN....

And what it is supposed to mean? Somebody block may block nav beacon, as well as landing pad, TBH pad blocking is most annoying thing to me flying in open densely populated areas, should be fixed long time ago. This comment is again same bull**** trying to sidetrack all discussion about open only power play with false arguments that have nothing to do with what other side real issues are. Please guys start to be HONEST, if the truth is that Feds play in open because they have more PVP players and its your argument here than start from here. Giving all the time same bull**** not move things forward, issues we have now is end-game players leaving, or just playing less because of lack of content for endgame, IMO its single valid reason for open only power play, not saying there is no others obviously.

I’m not a tech guy, I just try to play the game but is this feasible?
Proposal
Solo and pg galaxies be on one server open is on its own server.
Every Cmdr be given a duplicate account in both but solo PG and Open can never mix as it does now.
Power play is only available on Open server.
BGS on Open server only affected by open play, solo/pg server had its own BGS.
Thoughts?

Spell my name right idiot boy

(Also as everyone has already pointed out I was sat 0m from the beacon, in fact you and Ronnie found me there later so you know its true =])

Best ED thread for a long time. People complaing about other people not wanting to play the game like they'd prefer, but differently. Just as the game is set up to be played, in different modes. Seriously, dears, both PP and BGS are good reasons to PvP, but not all about PvP. Just like roleplaying can lead to, but doesn't rely on PvP. Keep having fun, everyone, will you?

I also wonder how Xbox players (maybe PS as well, but I don't know) who don't have a gold subscription package thus meaning they can only play in Solo get to partake in Powerplay if it moves into Open only.

I also wonder how Xbox players (maybe PS as well, but I don't know) who don't have a gold subscription package thus meaning they can only play in Solo get to partake in Powerplay if it moves into Open only.

They don't. Powerplay is multiplayer. They don't complain about not being able to join Halo matchmaker without gold, then they don't get to complain about not being able to join powerplay.

Best ED thread for a long time. People complaing about other people not wanting to play the game like they'd prefer, but differently. Just as the game is set up to be played, in different modes. Seriously, dears, both PP and BGS are good reasons to PvP, but not all about PvP. Just like roleplaying can lead to, but doesn't rely on PvP. Keep having fun, everyone, will you?

Problem is you may affect power play without actually playing the game (AFK turret-boats) and still compete with players who play the game. If i would be able to make your merits value decreased remotely without doing power play activities, would it be ok for you? because AFK turret-boats are exactly the same.

Top Bottom