[FDEV Please Comment exploit or feature?] Multiple fragments using Multiple abrasion blasters

Five pages in and no one has posted the correct build? You guys are all stingy.

https://s.orbis.zone/1l4a

If you use the Krait, the front hardpoints will hit before the top ones and won't create all the chunks. That's why the AspX is perfect.

I have no problem with everyone taking advantage of this feature. There's more than enough ponderous time-consuming soul-sucking grinds in this game. If there's a way to shorten one of them, go for it!

Maybe someday FDev will focus on fun things to do with the stuff we work for, rather than making earning everything take forever.

Tried this today, it totally works!

Has to be a bug but yeah, if you hit the surface deposit dead on so both blasters hit at the exactly same time, you get multiple fragments. I'll be happy if/when it's fixed but for now ... hard to resist! [yesnod]

Hmm... Got me thinking.
If a single hit with an abrasion blaster frees a chunk, and a double hit with two abrasion blasters free two...
Assuming that mining lasers would work on chunks too, and assuming a laser is an infinite number of hit "pulses" ...

Now I know why FD had to introduce the abrasion blaster
rrm.gif
:D

Hello there,

This is in fact a bug! The team are aware and we'll be rolling out a fix for this in the near future.

Might I suggest:

When QA does fix this bug, also implement a random allowance for the possibility of two to three fragments being produced per surface node.

The way it is now even with the bug feels pretty great when using two to three abrasion blasters. Sometimes you still only get one but occasionally you’ll get two to three fragments too. The bug should be fixed but the present gameplay feels well balanced and rewarding, and I’d hate to see that ruined. I’d rather keep the bug honestly!!!!!

Might I suggest:

When QA does fix this bug, also implement a random allowance for the possibility of two to three fragments being produced per surface node.

The way it is now even with the bug feels pretty great when using two to three abrasion blasters. Sometimes you still only get one but occasionally you’ll get two to three fragments too. The bug should be fixed but the present gameplay feels well balanced and rewarding, and I’d hate to see that ruined. I’d rather keep the bug honestly!!!!!

I like the way you think !

Might I suggest:

Could maybe increase that chance when using multiple abrasion blasters? Slight reward for the increased risk of carrying no offensive weaponry?

Hello there,

This is in fact a bug! The team are aware and we'll be rolling out a fix for this in the near future.

Though it is a good skill absed element. Maybe consider implementing something similar to increase yield per deposit. Maybe engineering effects? Aiming, etc.? For a more "clean" seperation?

After an unscheduled visit to the Ministry of Love, I must say I wholeheartedly agree with the reporting of this terrible bug and absolutely cannot wait for it to be fixed.

I am pretty sure an honest mistake was made somewhere in the code, probably along the lines of 2+2=5, that led to this catastrophic error.

As for the meantime, remember we are at war with the Imperials, and always have been at war with the Imperials. I must go now, my clock has just struck thirteen.

After an unscheduled visit to the Ministry of Love, I must say I wholeheartedly agree with the reporting of this terrible bug and absolutely cannot wait for it to be fixed.

I am pretty sure an honest mistake was made somewhere in the code, probably along the lines of 2+2=5, that led to this catastrophic error.

As for the meantime, remember we are at war with the Imperials, and always have been at war with the Imperials. I must go now, my clock has just struck thirteen.

It's a meme now...

The money making bugs of Elite are getting nerfed ASAP, the "game breaking" ones stay for years :D

Hello there,

Thanks for your confirmation, Quite pleased really as it was killing me having 5 abrasion blasters on an ASP X and only 72 tonnes cargo space.

Off i go to put some defensive weapons in place of the other blasters.

Bug or Payback?

Hello there,

When the latest update was released, several hours/days spent advancing the BGS for our respective factions was completely wasted as Influence was negatively applied for days. The way I see it, KARMA.

Top Bottom