FDEV psvr when?

(TDTD short version again )
Never... for PS4
PSVR is not free license you are required to reach a fixed quality level in fps at all times... to avoid vomiting user base...

Even if there are a THOUSAND ships on screen the FPS must never drop below 60fps...

If there is any frame rate drop on Base PS4 you do not get the release agreement on PS4 from SIE for VR this means no access to PSN store and no legal release on PS4 BD...
Due to EDs number of items on screen and constant FPS drops allready the HOLE game engine would have to be running at a quaily in graphics level that would make it look like the original Elite nearly. lol ...
Every PSVR game has a VR specific game engine mode that Cripples the content and items that are animated each frame to insure it never drops the FPS below 60fps.
Due to this many developers that announced VR, Dropped planned VR as it requires a FULL game engine rework to keep 1080p 60fps out put...
Other games engines distance draw rate is reduced and pop up is massively in creased when in VR mode...commonly object detail is also stripped...

GT sport and Drive club VR modes completely strip out content for this reason to increase fps to the VR license requirement of 60fps minimum

Please add be for PlayStation. I've been waiting sooooooo long lol

never. they've stated that the PS won't handle it.

Personally, I'd forgo full stereograpic VR, if they'd implement headlook/headtracking on the PSVR. There's be no additional graphical load, and it would effectivly be just a remapping of the positional tracking from the dualshock to the headset

Wait and see what no mans sky on psvr looks like later this summer, then FD might have a hard time ignoring psvr...
No mans sky content is allready rubbish to start with ... It won't have issues because its items only render when you get inches from them any way...
The space stations dont even have any content but blank poly walls untill after the landing... The fuctions in the station are placed away from the landing pad on purpuse so the farme rate could be higher. as theres nothing to render untill After you do the walk up the stairs.. .

No mans sky content is allready rubbish to start with ... It won't have issues because its items only render when you get inches from them any way...
The space stations dont even have any content but blank poly walls untill after the landing... The fuctions in the station are placed away from the landing pad on purpuse so the farme rate could be higher. as theres nothing to render untill After you do the walk up the stairs.. .
I'm only talking about it from a technical standpoint. Content quality is debatable, but I enjoyed it and got more than my money's worth out of it (now disc is gathering dust waiting for the vr update).

You talk about lod pop in on nms being bad, but elite still has lod pop in on bloody planets when approaching in supercruise in a blank canvas of space so let's not get too carried away...

If nms on psvr can do the planetary surfaces with reasonable detail, and space flight/combat at anything approaching decent framerates, then I will be more than happy to get any kind of honest reasoning from fd why they can't do it on psvr when it has been a longstanding vr game on pc.

, I'd be more than happy with elite in wireframe graphics in psvr if that's all fd can get out of their bespoke graphics engine. And I'd pay for it too.

Well after losing a few hours in psvr nms last night, I think it's an amazing job by hello games. Stunning, really. Not yet pro optimised in vr yet apparently either.

Probably never unfortunately.
What did u think after playing it last night?
I started a new save and had no crashes or issues myself.

Ball definitely in fd's court now for psvr elite.... Fd? Dave?

It's a shame it should be mandatory that if they release a game across all platforms its content should be the same across all platforms. I bet I paid the same price for my game that doesn't have VR as you paid for your game that does have VR. nowhere on the PlayStation version of the game box does not say VR is not supported for PlayStation. I feel like this should be considered theft by deception.

game developers should have a little bit of integrity with the things they do and if they're not going to they should publicly announce it and not let everybody have hopes that they will because they did it for one thing or another.

Last edited:
Well after losing a few hours in psvr nms last night, I think it's an amazing job by hello games. Stunning, really. Not yet pro optimised in vr yet apparently either.
I look forward to trying PSVR again when the PS5 comes out. Unfortunately I'm not holding my breath for ED on Playstation, be it 4 or 5. Not because it can't be done, but rather because something has changed at Frontier where they no longer seem to care about consoles like they used to. But as with all my dire predictions, I would be elated if proven wrong!

Top Bottom