Fdev ! stop the 1 billion a day shared wing pirate massacres bonanza

(perhaps not EDO activities apart from on-foot CZs)
I have no idea what you're talking about. This is just one High CZ.
Untitled10.jpg

Edit: Or the first ever +5 INF Professional Takedown I've ever seen.
Untitled10.jpg

Last edited:
Even just running standard hauling and data etc daily for a couple of hours, your gonna make 20 or so million easily. Smuggling is even more lucrative.
Mining still is a very good earner though a shadow of its former self (a good thing).
I agree credits are not relevant once your endgame namely Carrier owner and a fleet of fully engineered ships n suits/weps.
And this needs to be addressed.
Commodity market, the economy as a whole needs a rebalance.
Lots to do.

Sure. Find three other CMDRs, a system to stack massacre missions, and keep shooting for a day.
OP says that is so easy it's an exploit.
Sorry, I would need to grind out the engineers for a month or two before I can do that. Not that I already played for 500 h - that's what you get when you play like intended. A stupid dreary grindfest while the rest plays the exploit bonanza.

Deleted member 182079

D
I have no idea what you're talking about. This is just one High CZ.

Edit: Or the first ever +5 INF Professional Takedown I've ever seen.
Read my post again re CZs (although I never got higher than about 9m... Was that done with the L6?).

I've also seen those multimillion payout missions, but only twice so far - do you know what triggers them because I have no idea. 99% pay less than 500k per mission so I always go for the mats reward.

Read my post again re CZs (although I never got higher than about 9m... Was that done with the L6?).

I've also seen those multimillion payout missions, but only twice so far - do you know what triggers them because I have no idea. 99% pay less than 500k per mission so I always go for the mats reward.
It really depends on the settlement layout and if the AI decides to co-operate. If the AI actually works (and doesn't semi-freeze on their drop points), which is usually in the smaller settlements, I can get around 15M reliably regardless of weapon loadout and the CZ only lasts 5-10 minutes. If the AI just semi-freezes and/or is unable to sprint, which is usually in the larger settlements (in this case a large Military settlement which is pretty much ideal), I can reliably get upwards of 20M because both the friendly and the enemy NPCs barey manage to capture any points. The CZ then does take at least 15 minutes to complete simply due to the fact that you have to wait for all the dropships.

I've seen ~1M missions maybe two or three times, but the 2+ mission was the first of its kind for me. I have no idea what triggers them either.

Deleted member 182079

D
It really depends on the settlement layout and if the AI decides to co-operate. If the AI actually works (and doesn't semi-freeze on their drop points), which is usually in the smaller settlements, I can get around 15M reliably regardless of weapon loadout and the CZ only lasts 5-10 minutes. If the AI just semi-freezes and/or is unable to sprint, which is usually in the larger settlements (in this case a large Military settlement which is pretty much ideal), I can reliably get upwards of 20M because both the friendly and the enemy NPCs barey manage to capture any points. The CZ then does take at least 15 minutes to complete simply due to the fact that you have to wait for all the dropships.

I've seen ~1M missions maybe two or three times, but the 2+ mission was the first of its kind for me. I have no idea what triggers them either.
I think where I go wrong - and I tried to address that in more recent sessions - is to spend too much time capturing points with a view to win, as opposed to draw it out to farm corpses. Silly me!

I also remember those missions weren't at places where I was friendly or allied with the factions, so it must be something else. Or simply a bug that will get nerfed soon enough...

I think where I go wrong - and I tried to address that in more recent sessions - is to spend too much time capturing points with a view to win, as opposed to draw it out to farm corpses. Silly me!

I also remember those missions weren't at places where I was friendly or allied with the factions, so it must be something else. Or simply a bug that will get nerfed soon enough...
Yes, that's why they only last 5-10 minutes when the AI is operational. If I can keep up with the reinforcements, my NPC teammates are only busy capturing points (or even disabling ship turrets).

I got those fat missions with allied factions and none of them were long distance either. I can't pin it down to faction states (either issuing or receiving) or any other factors. It could be a bug, or it could be one of those "I didn't really bother to test my own code until I read the comments from the community" things and they're actually supposed to be there a lot more often (but aren't).

Well, you're not playing the game for credits, I get that - even though with labels on that graph it's difficult to tell what your balance is. Having said that though, compared to that initial time in your bracket, beyond exploits or gold rushes that were always quickly nerfed, I feel the game shoves credits in your face for pretty much anything these days (perhaps not EDO activities apart from on-foot CZs).

You must be engaged in activities that don't pay at all or very poorly then (hooning, PvP?) otherwise I don't know how 5-20m per week is hard work as part of regular play. I'm actually curious what you did during that time and post-Borann.
The numbers are pretty much, records begin about 10 million creds, then it's pretty much 50-100 million credits, wavering around, with the assets slowly over multiple years reaching just over 1 billion.

Then the spike, where I went and got 5 billion from the mining stuff (and actually had a friend helping me to do so by mining then giving me the stuff to sell) then bought the carrier, and so the spike falls back to pretty much what was before (the carrier isn't included as assets because it just wasn't then) except now it's about 1.5 billion in assets, ahnd about 50 million in liquid credits.

Just played the game, did a bit of everything (except exploring any real distance from the bubble)

Trade, ambient combat, missions, SRV stuff, random USS's, piracy (of other commanders mostly), Scenarios (when they were implemented), Thargoid combat, engineered a load of ships - never really stuck any one thing for more than about an hour if that.

Also, I barely get much time a week to log in, maybe an hour or so -if I have to grind out 25 million credits first, every time I log in, I don't actually get to play, see? And remember, each week I -dont- do my weekly grind, I am now in "debt" by 25 million (i'm not in actual debrt as I have credits left over, but they will run out, and each week that timer gets smaller)

If I just had to pay to jump the carrier - then It'd be alright, It wouldn't be "grinding to get 25 million credits" it would be earning/getting the fuel for a jump.

(It's actually more like 12 million as I have shut basically all services down to try and stem the bleeding)

Last edited:
(It's actually more like 12 million as I have shut basically all services down to try and stem the bleeding)
I know it takes a little bit of preparation, but I loaded up my carrier with 10K Thermal somethings for the previous CG (just set it up next to a station with a ~20Mm distance) and then parked it near the the target system. Put them up for 500% on the last day, they emptied it within two hours (200M+ profit). They would've even taken them if I had put them up for 1000%.

Deleted member 182079

D
The numbers are pretty much, records begin about 10 million creds, then it's pretty much 50-100 million credits, wavering around, with the assets slowly over multiple years reaching just over 1 billion.

Then the spike, where I went and got 5 billion from the mining stuff (and actually had a friend helping me to do so by mining then giving me the stuff to sell) then bought the carrier, and so the spike falls back to pretty much what was before (the carrier isn't included as assets because it just wasn't then) except now it's about 1.5 billion in assets, ahnd about 50 million in liquid credits.

Just played the game, did a bit of everything (except exploring any real distance from the bubble)

Trade, ambient combat, missions, SRV stuff, random USS's, piracy (of other commanders mostly), Scenarios (when they were implemented), Thargoid combat, engineered a load of ships - never really stuck any one thing for more than about an hour if that.

Also, I barely get much time a week to log in, maybe an hour or so -if I have to grind out 25 million credits first, every time I log in, I don't actually get to play, see? And remember, each week I -dont- do my weekly grind, I am now in "debt" by 25 million (i'm not in actual debrt as I have credits left over, but they will run out, and each week that timer gets smaller)

If I just had to pay to jump the carrier - then It'd be alright, It wouldn't be "grinding to get 25 million credits" it would be earning/getting the fuel for a jump.

Ok that's unusual, most FC owners I read or heard from here or in-game are multimillionaires. You could always disable or just uninstall modules on your carrier, or just get rid of the thing completely unless you need it for anything specific?

Ok that's unusual, most FC owners I read or heard from here or in-game are multimillionaires. You could always disable or just uninstall modules on your carrier, or just get rid of the thing completely unless you need it for anything specific?
(I am a multi millionaire, not a billionaire though, but multimillion means more than 1 million :) )

I like it to be able to... carry... my fleet... around.

I also help some other commanders out here and there or show them around some of the cool bits of elite (they play less than me though before you go - Get them to help out!!!)

It's an old and dead horse, I just don't think maintenance was necessary when you have cost to jump, plus cost to refuel. I'd even have just not had a market (but had storage just that I cant sell) if it was so crazy unbalanced but the market is a standard feature of every carrier not an optional module.

I have a shipyard, so allies can store ships, same thing with outfitting (as well as some stuff for whatever activity I'm taking them on as they are likely gonna turn up with the wrong stuff!)

And yeah, I have disabled the services, but they STILL cost millions a week when off.

Anyway... if anyone wants to help me out (Beggar alert) the carrier is called "Xeno Mortem Supplies" and is in Aiabiko with services turned off, but a large demand for tritium at a HUGE loss to anyone who sells to it. (and a pretty empty tank so it could be donated to directly I guess)

Deleted member 182079

D
(I am a multi millionaire, not a billionaire though, but multimillion means more than 1 million :) )

I like it to be able to... carry... my fleet... around.

I also help some other commanders out here and there or show them around some of the cool bits of elite (they play less than me though before you go - Get them to help out!!!)

It's an old and dead horse, I just don't think maintenance was necessary when you have cost to jump, plus cost to refuel. I'd even have just not had a market (but had storage just that I cant sell) if it was so crazy unbalanced but the market is a standard feature of every carrier not an optional module.

I have a shipyard, so allies can store ships, same thing with outfitting (as well as some stuff for whatever activity I'm taking them on as they are likely gonna turn up with the wrong stuff!)

And yeah, I have disabled the services, but they STILL cost millions a week when off.

Anyway... if anyone wants to help me out (Beggar alert) the carrier is called "Xeno Mortem Supplies" and is in Aiabiko with services turned off, but a large demand for tritium at a HUGE loss to anyone who sells to it. (and a pretty empty tank so it could be donated to directly I guess)
Heh - multimillionaire IRL = rich; multimillionaire in Elite = poor.

I enjoyed the early game progression, grinding my way up through the ships. But there was less to work towards back then. Just grind, grind, grind credits, because money came slowly, and rebuys were costly. Losing something like an Anaconda was devastating. In the years since, credits have gotten progressively easier to get, and now rebuys are basically a joke to me. Now that I can just explode whenever, without any real worry, I'm having a great time. Sometimes I self destruct because I'm too lazy to fly back and reload, because it just doesn't matter anymore.

I've joked about how hilariously easy it was to become a billionaire, how Elite trade has become a sham, and how it hurts the early experience for some people. But I realize now that what other people fly makes little difference to my gameplay, and credits are just another (easily defeated) barrier to fun. Who cares if someone buys an Anaconda day one? I don't. You shouldn't either.

After a point, credits hardly matter anyway. I can ride on a billion for ages, even with my habit of exploding all the time. Lived on a fraction of that for years. If someone wants to grind 15 billion or more for no reason beyond 'they feel like it', let them. It's not my time that's being wasted.

After a point, credits hardly matter anyway. I can ride on a billion for ages, even with my habit of exploding all the time. Lived on a fraction of that for years. If someone wants to grind 15 billion or more for no reason beyond 'they feel like it', let them. It's not my time that's being wasted.
Of course, but the thing in this thread is that the OP has benefitted from such a mechanic, but now has enough money and wants to get rid of it so other people can't.

I have no problem with people netting 1b an hour... but it should be against the hardest challenges, not punching weak NPCs.
Some companies earn a small profit on low end/cost product but make up with volume whereas others earn a large profit from high end/cost/bespoke product but sell comparatively small volume. Which is right and which is wrong? If it takes a day to earn a billion killing x amount of easily farmed pirates, then it should be ok to earn a billion killing two or three of the hardest challenging pirates, but that should also take a day, roughly speaking, though I wonder how that would be received overall?

Sorry, I would need to grind out the engineers for a month or two before I can do that. Not that I already played for 500 h - that's what you get when you play like intended. A stupid dreary grindfest while the rest plays the exploit bonanza.

Nope, you can take a stock sidewinder to a RES, wing up with 3 others, park your ship there and not fire a single shot. Every kill they make counts for your missions. When you get to the station you share each completed one, wait for the other 3 to accept, turn it in.

Top Bottom