Feature Focus #1 - Terrain Painting and Scenery Improvements

Regarding the rock formations and individual trees, will there be any special animations for some of the dinosaurs interacting with them? Something like the small theropods hopping and climbing around on the rocks, or the sauropods sticking their heads into the trees or picking at them?

Regarding the rock formations and individual trees, will there be any special animations for some of the dinosaurs interacting with them? Something like the small theropods hopping and climbing around on the rocks, or the sauropods sticking their heads into the trees or picking at them?

Nope. They already said so on Reddit.

Nope. They already said so on Reddit.
Great disappointment. More interactions with the environment would go a long way to make the dinosaurs feel more alive and organic. Imagine making a sand trap or mudhole and the dinosaurs that are physically capable of it rolling around/wallowing in them to clean themselves or keep cool, or being able to make deeper water and the dinosaurs swimming around. If we're not going to get in-depth park guest management like in Operation Genesis then at least give us more dino/world interactions.

Great disappointment. More interactions with the environment would go a long way to make the dinosaurs feel more alive and organic. Imagine making a sand trap or mudhole and the dinosaurs that are physically capable of it rolling around/wallowing in them to clean themselves or keep cool, or being able to make deeper water and the dinosaurs swimming around. If we're not going to get in-depth park guest management like in Operation Genesis then at least give us more dino/world interactions.

Yeah, I made a thread a while ago about species-specific animations. Wallowing was one of the behaviors I suggested. I doubt it'll ever happen. There are too many dinosaurs to animate and little to no incentive for Frontier. At this point I'll just be content if they fix the constant clipping.

Yeah, I made a thread a while ago about species-specific animations. Wallowing was one of the behaviors I suggested. I doubt it'll ever happen. There are too many dinosaurs to animate and little to no incentive for Frontier. At this point I'll just be content if they fix the constant clipping.
Wouldn't be that difficult, since the dinosaurs are in animation groups with only slight differences between the individual species in each group. Just make a rolling/wallowing animation for one and stick it into the rest in the group, like a rolling in sand animation for the raptors and slap it onto the Deinos and Dilos, a wallowing animation for the Trike and slap it onto the other ceratopsians, etc.

Top Bottom