Feature Focus #3 - New Wetland Requirements

Outstanding! Can't wait to see what more it'll bring.

You guys are giving us hope and this game more life that's for sure!

Seeing as this is the last feature focus, will there be more features and quality of life improvements coming with this update or have they all been covered with these 3 posts?

Hey, with adding Gyrosphere gates, could you also add Creation lab and viewing gallery variations. Like the Hammond creation lab on Isla Matanceros is next to my viewing gallery, and the lab sticks out like a sore thumb, preventing the viewers from seeing behind it, so could you create another version of the creation lab where the gate is flat against the fence, but the nursery area is larger (to account for the loss of octagonal space). With the viewing gallery could you make a flat one that lines up with the fence line so it fits in small enclosures without wasting valuable space (the view could be a straight line instead of a 135 degree view?). With the viewing galleries, if you zoom in, it zooms to the centre of your normal view, which mean something I can’t zoom in on things that are on the edge of the normal view, and maybe make it so we could move gallery floors, or move around the hotel view because you can barely see anything from the hotel deck, so you can’t see what is on the left or right deck.

Will feature 3 also be updated to include hadrosaurs, some sauropods, or “swampish” dinosaurs like Dilophosaurus?

With Feature 1, will it have Mangrove trees or can there be a reeds option for bushes, because my biggest (and only) problem with the game (that you can solve) is that bushes and trees placed in or near water don’t turn into mangroves, palm trees, lily pads, reeds, etcetera. Because the trees and bushes available i’m pretty sure can’t survive in water? Also could we have a prehistoric vegetation option? With cycads, ginkos, conifers, and other extinct flora?

Also if possible could we have an update where dinosaurs can have varied diets? Like omnivorous diets for Gallimimus. And maybe a “dinosaur bonding” update with (one or two or 3) of these. #1: dinosaurs have 2 social meters, the new one is yellow and represents dinosaurs that count towards social, these dinosaurs keep the dinosaur on the comfort threshold (unless there is another neglection) and go above the social limit, but will not count towards proper social meaning it will not satisfy the dinosaur (Stygimoloch has 2 minimum companions, 2 Dracorex will act as a yellow meter keeping it happy but not fully comfortable, whereas a Triceratops will not satisfy it). #2: different species can become a herd, meaning a herd can consist of... symbiotic dinosaurs similar to real life, 3 Struthiomimus might become a herd with 5 Stegosaurus and 2 Triceratops Because Struthiomimus is bottom of food chain, and relies on Stegosaurus or Triceratops for protection. #3: “Pets” meaning, if you have a Dracorex, Carnotaurus, and 3 Velociraptors in an enclosure, (#3.5: some dinosaurs will tolerate others, but not like them or vice versa, in this case Carnotaurus doesn’t like the Velociraptors but enjoys the company of Dracorex) The Velociraptors want to kill the Dracorex, but Carnotaurus won’t let them and the Dracorex becomes the Carnotaurus “Pet” meaning the Carnotaurus acts as a yellow meter, if the (assuming you make this example a feature, I mean the one I’m about to give) Velociraptors manage to kill the Dracorex, That specific Carnotaurus no longer will be compatible in an enclosure with Velociraptors and treats them the same way it would a Gallimimus, prey that flights... not fights... and will kill all Velociraptors in it’s enclosure, if it escapes it enclosure, and is within say... the length of 5 clothes shops to a Velociraptor in another enclosure, it will deliberately break into the enclosure and hunt them. This bonding doesn’t work for all dinosaurs and the type of dinosaur is not restricted, Carnivore+Herbivore or H+H/C+C is possible (perhaps add a special information tab for information, maybe you have to discover compatible dinosaurs by testing or see next update idea/request).

Another update is perhaps you could add a “minigame” thing that varies for dinosaur, the individual minigame reward for a single dinosaur could be a “gift certificate” (in game like a hatching speed up or free incubate cost) or see above or even a special viewing interaction animation, and the reward for completing all would be a skin unlock for the dinosaur. For example Dilophosaurus... say it has two mini games. One is a genome gap game and the other is a (I forgot what they called that duck shooting carnival thing), for the genome gap you have to fill in gaps in genome for the specific dinosaur (in this case Dilophosaurus need the Australian Frill-Necked Lizard For the scientifically inaccurate frill and spitting cobra for the venom) and the shooting game (change it so you shoot humans! :D) would give you a special visitor interaction where Dilophosaurus might occasionally spit venom at the glass on the shooting gallery. After completing two games you unlock a skin application not available for Dilophosaurus normally or via Challenge, or something like that. (Please do the Frill Neck Lizard If you do, I’m Australian so that would be FANTASTIC!!!!!)

Also I lied when I said I only had one complaint (I know you still need permission for this) but you only have one Australian dinosaur (who’s dig sit is in Australia), Muttaburrasaurus, which is also unlocked on the last island, so please do either allow us to unlock the Muttaburrasaurus on an earlier island (I hate Isla Pena so please not that one), or put in other Australian dinosaurs like Minmi or Diamantiasaurus, Minmi is the smallest armoured dinosaur discovered (or so i’ve Been told) and Diamantiasaurus also is named for a part of Australian culture (Not aboriginal But it’s scientific name is Diamantiasaurus Matildae or something like that, named for Waltzing Matilda).

I will repost this on the other feature news, because a developer might not see it on this one. If a developer does see it, let it be known that I understand that you can’t implement new features or dinosaurs without permission for Universal, but it can’t hurt to (if you’re nice enough) forward this message to Universal (they could add the whole thing, nothing, or certain things from the message, it would be worth it if I knew you tried, so (if you do) THANK YOU!

Last edited:
What I'm curious about is when the update will drop? Since the feature focuses have all been done, I would assume the update is coming fairly soon as it has a targeted early summer release window. That would be about late May (which we're in now) to late June, so I'm assuming the update is nigh upon us. One other question: will terrain tools be expanded upon in the future? That is, will more types of terrain brushes and tools be coming in future updates to bolster the ones being introduced here, and if so, what might be some possibilities? The reason I ask is because I'm wondering if this update is a testing phase for terrain tools as a whole to be further expanded later.

So if this is the last list of features it means we still dont get a bigger island for our sandbox park, was really holding my fingers crossed because so many people on twitter said we would need to keep the faith and that it would come with the big summer update but i gues its not coming.

Looking forward to all the other features though just wish we had a bigger space to build on, also would be nice if we could use all islands as sandbox location

Totally late to the party because I suck at staying on top of the forums - but super excited for all of the new details which are coming this Summer. They really will add a plethora of new options for us all to enjoy.

Nice work, guys :D

Top Bottom