Feature Focus: Ranger Functions

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I remember that when I saw that trailer, I really got excited, I didn't expect more than that, so if we now have the basic mechanics, it would not be crazy that this mechanics can improve with different ways of attacking the rangers, and also the raptors they can climb the fences and the compis can destroy the small fence and escape.

Dreaming is free.

Raptors should not break the fences. They should be able to climb fences or test fences on weak spots before they try to break out. that would make the game look very realistic, I think. You should not hold raptors in fences that are small and without electricity and only then breed raptors if you can build fences with electricity!

I agree with the sentiment but the dreadful way frontier is going about balance with 1993 DLC is worrying me about how this could work

Raptors should not break the fences. They should be able to climb fences or test fences on weak spots before they try to break out. that would make the game look very realistic, I think. You should not hold raptors in fences that are small and without electricity and only then breed raptors if you can build fences with electricity!
I know they need to climb fences especially when the power goes out:)

@Steggs we want rangers to get eaten and try to run from dinosaurs when there vehicle gets destroyed :) Also raptors need to climb fences especially when the power goes out:D

Plz make this happen frontier :)
Thx keep up the great work:D

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Hi everyone!

Welcome to our final Feature Focus for Free Update 1.12, where we'll be taking a dive into another new feature of the update and telling you a little more about how it works. Today we'll be talking about... Ranger Teams!

Be careful when you enter your dinosaur exhibits, they're not safe for anyone to be in; including your Ranger Teams! That's right, your dinosaurs will now attack your Ranger teams if you get too close. Different dinosaurs have varying temperaments when it comes to humans. Some will let you get relatively close to them, and others will run for you as soon as you're in their sights. You'll need to drive carefully through your exhibits in order to keep your dinosaurs content. If you drive too fast, too close or even honk your horn at them, you could be putting your Ranger's lives in danger! If your Ranger team's health goes to 0%, it will be permanently disabled until you replace it with a new one, but if you manage to get out of an exhibit before your health goes down, you can return the team to base and leave them to repair over time.

This is going to create some interesting challenges in your parks, so you'll want to think about how your exhibits are currently laid out. Do you need to have a special fenced off area for your safety? Perhaps you'll want to add more gates so you've got multiple escape routes? Or maybe you want to do the opposite and make a maze for you Ranger teams, making it harder for them to escape... who knows? But the choice is yours!

RANGER TOOLS

It wouldn't be fair on your Rangers to throw them into an enclosure without some form of protection. So we've given Ranger teams some new, non-lethal tools to help them if they happen to get themselves into a tricky situation, like being eye-to-eye with a T. rex! Now, when you jump into your Ranger vehicle, you'll see the three tools on the left of your screen, and be able to cycle through them to pick which one you'd like to use for the particular circumstance you find yourself in.

Tranquilisers:
Much like your ACU units, Ranger teams will now be able to tranquilise dinosaurs from right there in the vehicle! Of course, if a dinosaur is running full throttle towards you, tranquilisers may not be the best option.

Flares:
We all know T. rexes love flares, they see them and just can't stop themselves from chasing them! So your Ranger teams are equipped with flares to distract dinosaurs from your vehicle while they're aggressive, and hopefully, get you out of a potentially life-threatening encounter.

Medication:
Lastly, your Ranger teams will still have the ability to medicate your dinosaurs when they get sick. Just remember, even when you have an unwell creature in your park, you still need to approach with caution. They don't know you're trying to help them so if you're not careful, they may still try to chase you down!

ACU

Your Ranger teams aren't the only ones to receive these tools, the ACU team will also gain access to flares, medication and even a camera! So now if your Rangers are a little too busy to be medicating sick dinosaurs, you can send your ACU to do it instead. Likewise you might find you can get some super cool photos from the helicopter that wouldn't necessarily be possible from your Ranger vehicles, or maybe your ACU can help out your Rangers by throwing some flares down when they're in trouble!

These awesome new features will be coming to the game for free in update 1.12, along with the new paid expansion: Jurassic World Evolution: Return to Jurassic Park on 10 December 2019. We're very excited to see how this changes the way you experience the game, and we can't wait to see all the interesting ways you come up with to keep your Ranger teams safe from harm.

We hope you've enjoyed these Feature Focus articles for Free Update 1.12. Next week we'll be doing a special Developer Livestream to talk even more about Jurassic World Evolution: Return to Jurassic Park, more details will come in the December stream schedule!

That sounds really cool!

Yes frontier ! Steggs tell to your managers and boss that if there is no rangers eaten or killed when the jeep is destroyed the New feature is useless because all the fun is on the fact they Can die if they dont be caution...

Last edited:
It's a jurassic Park / world game , in the movie it's impossible to imagine a gyrosphere or a jeep in a T-Rex or indominus enclosure ! Oh yes it's possible but only with much people killed and much blood 😂

The fact that we have fewer research opportunities, only one power plant - stuck to "medium power station" stats instead of being hybrid with 90 power and 4 upgrade slots. apparently no paleobotany, fewer diseases and research opportunities for diseases/tech and illnesses
oh ok:)

The fact that we have fewer research opportunities, only one power plant - stuck to "medium power station" stats instead of being hybrid with 90 power and 4 upgrade slots. apparently no paleobotany, fewer diseases and research opportunities for diseases/tech and illnesses
1 power plant is the only real bummer. I'll gladly take less diseases and research. Also, paleobotany is a DLC thing, makes sense to exclude it from this separate DLC.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom