Feature Focus - Welcome to Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings Park Managers

Yesterday we announced that Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition is on its way to the Nintendo Switch. We're incredibly excited to be launching such a great game on a new console, and to be bringing Jurassic World Evolution to a brand new community of players. We also hope our existing communities will join us on this journey.

Over the next few months we'll be counting down towards the release with lots of fun community activities on our forums and our social channels. We're also bringing back the Feature Focus articles to highlight different aspects of Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition on Nintendo Switch.

In this Feature Focus we'll be showing you what you can look forward to when the game releases releases on 3 November, 2020.

Let's get to it:

The Ultimate Jurassic World Evolution Experience

Jurassic World Evolution: Complete is the ultimate Jurassic World Evolution experience. It's a lot of game in one package, and will undoubtedly keep you busy! Everything, including all improvements and additions made since launch, will be readily available when you start playing, giving you the same experience as the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions, right there in your hands! You can jump in and start playing, once you've installed the game, of course.

We're also delighted to tell you that all DLCs released since launch in 2018 will be included in the Complete Edition at launch! That's right, all eight of them. With the Complete Edition you can experience all Jurassic World Evolution has to offer, though you will still need to unlock and research the extra features and dinosaurs, as is tradition.

JWE_Switch_Screenshots_Approved_Watermark_7_1280x720.jpg

Here's a complete list of what's included in Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition:
  • 3 Campaign DLCs:
    • Jurassic World Evolution: Return to Jurassic Park - Reclaim the original Jurassic Park from the dinosaurs alongside Dr. Alan Grant, Dr. Ellie Sattler, and Dr. Ian Malcolm in an original narrative voiced by the film cast
    • Jurassic World Evolution: Secrets of Dr. Wu - Work alongside Dr. Henry Wu to breed genetic hybrids by combining dinosaur DNA, and unlock powerful tools for genetic manipulation
    • Jurassic World Evolution: Claire's Sanctuary - Help Claire Dearing evacuate dinosaurs from Isla Nublar before Mt. Sibo erupts. Create a dinosaur utopia on the island of Sanctuary by researching and developing extinct plant species for your dinosaurs' enclosures
  • 4 Dinosaur Packs:
    • Jurassic World Evolution: Carnivore Dinosaur Pack - Unlocks Herrerasaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, and Proceratosaurus
    • Jurassic World Evolution: Cretaceous Dinosaur Pack - Unlocks Iguanodon, Carcharodontosaurus, and Dreadnoughtus
    • Jurassic World Evolution: Herbivore Dinosaur Pack - Unlocks Homalocephale, Dryosaurus, and Nigersaurus
    • Jurassic World Evolution: Deluxe Dinosaur Pack - Unlocks Styracosaurus, Crichtonsaurus, Majungasaurus, Archaeornithomimus, and Suchomimus
  • 1 Dinosaur Skin Pack:
    • Jurassic World Evolution: Raptor Squad Skin Collection - Gives you access to four distinct skin variants so you can engineer Velociraptors based on the Raptor Squad from Jurassic World
Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition is the full Jurassic World Evolution experience, containing all the updates and DLCs, in one package. Play it on the go or your sofa in Handheld Mode, or on your television in Docked Mode. There are no cut features or content, everything is just waiting to be unlocked during play. Relive the chaos and see if you can harness and control the power of the dinosaurs on the Nintendo Switch.

We hope you've enjoyed this run-through of what you can expect on 3 November, 2020. We have a few more months to go before Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition releases on Switch, and there are more Feature Focuses on the way. You'll hear more from us very soon!

Last edited:
Really glad all main dlcs are included. I am missing return to Jurassic Park on PC, so on Switch I will have everything, cannot wait to check it out.

There certainly is a lot I do want to find out eventually! 😁 The Destructoid website pictures do have a couple of things I'm wondering about at the moment. And, because there's a couple months ahead, as well as more feature focuses within that time span, that makes me wonder what else is going on with the port and how many more of these there will be.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
What’s the feeling like to see the game become portable? It must feel surreal to have the game in a tablet like device.
Personally I think it's really, really cool! The Switch is probably my most played console for the past couple of years, especially recently, and I'm very excited to get to play Jurassic World Evolution there.

Really glad all main dlcs are included. I am missing return to Jurassic Park on PC, so on Switch I will have everything, cannot wait to check it out.
I hope you enjoy it!

There certainly is a lot I do want to find out eventually! 😁 The Destructoid website pictures do have a couple of things I'm wondering about at the moment. And, because there's a couple months ahead, as well as more feature focuses within that time span, that makes me wonder what else is going on with the port and how many more of these there will be.
Wait and see :)

So, I take it as the game being completed? Ah, the space for 3 more species in the hatchery menu will forever bug me, but still, 67 species and consistent content and patches for 18 months was a great run. Hoping the option to buy the complete edition also comes for the platforms the game is already in, and, in any case, portability is a solid feature for this game, can't wait to see optimization wizardy come into play!

Hi all. I think what would be good is if after the switch release if we could please have more more dlcs that include the water dinosaurs and other things. I will be getting this game on the switch and have already pre ordered it on the e-shop. Thanks Devs, keep up the good work!

Hi all. I think what would be good is if after the switch release if we could please have more more dlcs that include the water dinosaurs and other things. I will be getting this game on the switch and have already pre ordered it on the e-shop. Thanks Devs, keep up the good work!
I hope you’re right about more dlcs and content updates coming to JWE.
Otherwise, no one will EVER forgive Frontier for keeping us left in the dark, not saying anything for 8 months straight, and abandoning this game.
That’s definitely something no one will EVER Frontier for, ever.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
I will be getting this game on the switch and have already pre ordered it on the e-shop. Thanks Devs, keep up the good work!

Thanks! We appreciate it. Taking Jurassic World Evolution to the Switch has been an incredible technical feat and we're very proud of what the team has achieved. They've spent a long time working hard to bring the same experience the PC and console audience have enjoyed to the Nintendo Switch. At the moment we don't have an announcement to make about future content or updates for our other platforms. We are fully focused on delivering Jurassic World Evolution: Complete Edition for even more people to enjoy from 3 November 2020.

Can we have more youtube footage of the game for the nintendo switch and dev insights/walkthroughs on youtube?

Top Bottom