Feature Request: Bookmarks Filter in Navigation List

In a busy system, particularly when there are dozens of carriers, it can get too cumbersome sometimes. It can get tricky to find the right carrier in the huge list. If the list has all carriers and any non-carriers, things can get lost a bit in the shuffle. It's useful to be able to bookmark things, but sometimes the icons can still be tough to spot when moving through a large list.

Would it be possible to add an item to the set of filters that would just show what's been bookmarked? I attached a crude sketch of the idea.

20210714145739_1.jpg

Any feature that help us filter out carriers from the Nav Panel, but without filtering All Of Them, would be nice
Bookmarks filtering is really nice in this regard

very flawed - the filters are for 'thngs' - and bookmarks are not 'things' they are 'attributes of things'.

So if you choose to not show bookmarks then do you hide all bookmarked things? Very strange. They just need a filter for what everyone actually wants - bookmarked / owned FC only

very flawed - the filters are for 'thngs' - and bookmarks are not 'things' they are 'attributes of things'.

So if you choose to not show bookmarks then do you hide all bookmarked things? Very strange. They just need a filter for what everyone actually wants - bookmarked / owned FC only

Well, bookmark filtering will also help with filtering off those 50-60+ settlements present in some systems, while still leaving visible your destination of choice.
Sometimes they're as worse as Carriers

Edit: could be a toggle like : bookmarks always visible or something like that

Well, bookmark filtering will also help with filtering off those 50-60+ settlements present in some systems, while still leaving visible your destination of choice.
Sometimes they're as worse as Carriers
It would help if they fixed the issue with the nav panel resetting to the top. or even highlighted bookmarked items in the nav panel in a differend colour - the icons are too difficult to pick out.

I don't disagree more ways to filter would be nice, but putting things that work in different ways in the same list isn't the way. People get confused enough as it is :)

The current filter is essentially a whitelisting , so it would mean no harm to add a whitelisting of bookmarked items on top as the OP suggested.
So NOT checking Bookmarks in the filter would only hide them if they are NOT part of one the other things you checked.
So simple logic would be: show an Item in the filtered list IF ( ItemIsBookmarked AND Bookmarks Filter is checked) OR ( Item is one of the other checked Filters for Types Asteroids ,Stations etc) OR ( no filter ist set)
As you can bookmark your carrier, this would be THE solution for everybody.

Since it is probably an attribute of the items ( Asteroids , Station , FC etc) as mentioned in post #8, the filter logic would very likely need to be adjusted (extended to attributes not just the type of item).
However obviously the information is already available since the list already shows the "isBookmarked" attribute with a small icon.

Last edited:
Well, maybe @sallymorganmoore (*) can point Gauthier and/or Jero from the lovely UI team towards this thread, and maybe they will manage to work some magic.
Especially since tomorrow i expect a surge in the number of Carriers due to the 1 week discount we worked so hard for :)

*( Sorry for the Ping, but after all, today is Thursday Sallysday :) )

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Well, maybe @sallymorganmoore (*) can point Gauthier and/or Jero from the lovely UI team towards this thread, and maybe they will manage to work some magic.
Especially since tomorrow i expect a surge in the number of Carriers due to the 1 week discount we worked so hard for :)
Nawww I'll have a chat outside of here :) Leave us to the Forums so those super guys can concentrate on their side of the curtain. Like I say earlier in the thread here, I got this jotted down and keeping an eye on further thoughts.

*( Sorry for the Ping, but after all, today is Thursday Sallysday :) )
Omg that went WAY out the window over a month ago now and you know it ;)

Unless the database i horribly designed, which I acknowledge could be the case, it really shouldn't be that hard a query to pass.

Top Bottom