Feature request - Planetary landing vertical thrust booster

Hello Frontier,

i just came up with a neat Idea.
When you see any kind of real-life space landers they always fire a thruster just before landing to effectively decrease speed on touchdown.
How about incorporating that into Elite?
A higher grade Planetary Approach Suite, a more expensive and heavier version.
Additional key bind to fire landing thrusters that would generate vertical thrust at touchdown, when descending to the planet surface. - Available in Landing Overrides
They would use up Engines capacitor like the regular boost.
Since you do like to have a dose of realism and consistency I think it would be a nice thing to add :)

I would like to know FDevs opinion on the topic :)

Best regards
Simon

Last edited:
Great idea. I'd love to have this on big ships. I certainly know it could have saved my bacon in a couple of cases...

r,
j,

You already have vertical thrusters, if you manage your descent as intended then there shouldn't be any need for boosts.

You already have vertical thrusters, if you manage your descent as intended then there shouldn't be any need for boosts.

What is WITH people like this? If this kind of thinking had any merit whatsoever, humans would still be hunter-gatherers.

"You can already find food on the ground, if you just hunt and gather, you don't NEED to cultivate fields."

whilst i can land on G9 level planets just fine.. it would be a great addition to ppl not that skilled in these moves. like the Docking computer.
I know some ppl even have trouble on a 3G world

Top Bottom