[feature] Voice comlink with other CMDR within the same instance

Hello CMDRs & Frontier Development Team,

This suggestion is simple: to have a feature of requesting voice communication links with other commander within your instance.
It can look like an incoming call request message in your comms panel, same as mission offer, which you can accept, decline or simply ignore.

Why is this a cool feature?
  • More effective and handy - text communication is not very convenient except general short messages, and not convenient at all when you in a fight
  • Very immersive - infinite possibilities for roleplay, everything you saw in your favorite space opera will be possible at least via voice (in perfect world I'd say videocomlink with digital CMDR avatars would be nice to have too). Imagine roleplaying piracy or bounty hunting with voice comlinks! Or meeting another CMDR in the void of outer space and being able to literally speak to them.
Is this possible technically with P2P?

I hope that it is, considering it works fine within wings already.

What if I don't want to speak with other players?

Turn it off in settings and enjoy the silence.
Or decline / ignore incoming comlink request, if you don't want to speak right now.

What do you think, CMDRs?

In game voice chat within wings is already there, so technically you can do this already, but it involves inviting them to your wing. Having another option to do a 1:1 voice chat out of a wing and in a single button press for each CMDR doesn't seem like a huge leap and makes the process less clunky/committing.

In game voice chat within wings is already there, so technically you can do this already, but it involves inviting them to your wing. Having another option to do a 1:1 voice chat out of a wing and in a single button press for each CMDR doesn't seem like a huge leap and makes the process less clunky/committing.
Exactly :) Here is another video example of such gameplay in ED, but as far as I understand with the prework done of inviting players around into your wing:

You can request comms with any player in your instance without being friends or in a wing, as can be seen in the video you posted...
f82ysRe.png

uDNqsKs.gif

You can request comms with any player in your instance without being friends or in a wing, as can be seen in the video you posted...
f82ysRe.png

uDNqsKs.gif
Wow, I was so sure that it is not possible that I actually didn't pay attention to it :D
I'm kinda happy now - that feels like the fastest request implementation ever. Gonna go test it!

Thanks everyone :D

Top Bottom