News Featuring Commanders II - with Paige Harvey

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello Commanders,

Join us tomorrow for a look back at the last six months and recap on just some of the things the Elite Dangerous community has been up to! Paige and I will be live on the 7 February from 19:00 (UTC), showcasing player milestones, achievements and... photos of their co-pawlots!

Livestream details

Topic - Featuring Commanders II with Paige Harvey
Date – 7 February 2019
Time – 19:00 (UTC)
Where Click here!

See you there!

Hello Commanders,

Join us tomorrow for a look back at the last six months and recap on just some of the things the Elite Dangerous community has been up to! Paige and I will be live on the 7 February from 19:00 (UTC), showcasing player milestones, achievements and... photos of their co-pawlots!

Livestream details

Date – 7 February 2019
Where Click here!

See you there!

Look forward to it, on another note could we see a hint to future content =)

Milestone i achieved was the creating of my pvp piracy group which has been responsible for a number of hold ups, cmdr disappearances, hostage taking, stealth piracy. Today we are 14 members strong, small but effective

Last edited:
Hello Commanders,

Livestream details

Date – 7 February 2019
Where Click here!

See you there!

So is this game dead as far as new content is concerned ? each week i get the newsletter with no news in it, just flim-flam sales pitches for new tattle in the store, when are you going to actually tell us in the so called newsletter what is planned for this year 2019 and beyond ?

Thanks.

One of the things I did in the last six months was drive a 900 mile round trip to Cologne to find out what was going on with the Lifetime Pass I bought in September 2015.
I enjoyed the drive, the party was fun, I met a lot of German gamers and got a free cosmetic item.
Not long after that Fdev posted an update about planned features that were delayed, and got a few free cosmetic items.
Shortly after that as a thank you for renewing my subscription to the newsletter in March I received a couple of free cosmetic items.
Finally in late January as part of Frontiers anniversary celebrations I received a free cosmetic item.

All of these cosmetic items are very nice. But what I'd like to know is what's going to happen in the future.

One of the things I did in the last six months was drive a 900 mile round trip to Cologne to find out what was going on with the Lifetime Pass I bought in September 2015.
I enjoyed the drive, the party was fun, I met a lot of German gamers and got a free cosmetic item.
Not long after that Fdev posted an update about planned features that were delayed, and got a few free cosmetic items.
Shortly after that as a thank you for renewing my subscription to the newsletter in March I received a couple of free cosmetic items.
Finally in late January as part of Frontiers anniversary celebrations I received a free cosmetic item.

All of these cosmetic items are very nice. But what I'd like to know is what's going to happen in the future.

I just want the option to get the LEP again...I missed such opportunity….and the Cobra MK4 :(

How about a look forward to the next six months instead?

Am sure there'd be more interest in that.

Yeah that probably explains why there is only 6 people commenting on this page. if it was '4.0 content reveal' the forum would enter a cardiac arrest from responses. :D

In such case I won't be jumping up and down to see this one, might revisit the livestream afterwards in my own time perhaps.

I just want the option to get the LEP again...I missed such opportunity….and the Cobra MK4 :(

I think there are a number of things FDev could do to help placate the more cynical community members, one of which would be to put a lifetime pass permanently on sale. The CIV only has any perceived value at all because it is exclusive.

mmm is this some form of a distraction? I would much prefer to see a future road-map for this game - how hard can it be guys? ;)

They did a roadmap last year and released stuff on it every three months, at the end of the year they said they were going to do things differently this time so hopefully no roadmap to spoil the surprise and/or build up false expectations.

I can field this one... More cosmetic items. :p

Sorry, but we're not going to get anything from Frontier until decide when to. I am not defending the policy - I think it is bat excrement insane given that people have not been given inkling of a roadmap since FX017. However, MI6 are currently taking lessons from Frontier in how to maintain secrecy.

Last edited:
I can field this one... More cosmetic items. :p

Sorry, but we're not going to get anything from Frontier until decide when to. I am not defending the policy - I think it is bat excrement insane given that people have not been given inkling of a roadmap since FX017. However, MI6 are currently taking lessons from Frontier in how to maintain secrecy.

It I hadn't already paid for future premium content I'm sure I'd be interested but wouldn't really care as long as the game was still playable and they didn't needlessly remove existing features.

But I did pay and I agree with your bat excrement sentiment. Delays aside clearly this was not the plan and I'd like to know what's going on.

Thanks guys - terrific livestream. Have to say, Elite Dangerous is amazing but it's the community that take it to the next level.

Some really amazing stuff featured here.

Just wanted to re-post the featured screenshots 'cos they were amazing! (grabbed from iPad screengrabs while watching the stream so apologies if the quality isn't perfect).

5Vr3e7B.png
m8U3sKy.png

mtNYgkx.png
IGWwAWG.png

OPtFCli.png
43JAydN.png

EpepB9R.png
0PneWwn.png

IWhhtny.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom