Fed Up

I like this game,really I do. However,I'm fed up with getting ganked by the game. I'm fairly new to the game (by a few weeks) and play solo mode mostly.
Right now am doing mostly passenger transport and courier missions. Now,to be fair up until yesterday I'd only been destroyed about once in every
10m/cr. I can live with that. However, in the last 24 hours I've been destroyed 5-6 times(if not more) and had to rebuy of course. Now mind you, I haven't been destroyed while explorering, only when right at the mail slot while entering and I mean right at the entrance and very quickly so as I can't even back out.
Twice now I've received permission to dock only to come under fire while entering slot and then 'permission denied' and destroyed by dock security themselves. Just awhile ago,twice within the hour.
I don't like complaining without cause but this is too much.If it happens again I'm out.I play on pc and am stuck at 30ish m/cr because of
this. Any insight to this problem would be appreciated.

I like this game,really I do. However,I'm fed up with getting ganked by the game. I'm fairly new to the game (by a few weeks) and play solo mode mostly.
Right now am doing mostly passenger transport and courier missions. Now,to be fair up until yesterday I'd only been destroyed about once in every
10m/cr. I can live with that. However, in the last 24 hours I've been destroyed 5-6 times(if not more) and had to rebuy of course. Now mind you, I haven't been destroyed while explorering, only when right at the mail slot while entering and I mean right at the entrance and very quickly so as I can't even back out.
Twice now I've received permission to dock only to come under fire while entering slot and then 'permission denied' and destroyed by dock security themselves. Just awhile ago,twice within the hour.
I don't like complaining without cause but this is too much.If it happens again I'm out.I play on pc and am stuck at 30ish m/cr because of
this. Any insight to this problem would be appreciated.

You shouldn't normally be attacked at all when approaching a station: any enemies chasing you will back off and leave when you enter the no-fire zone. Also, when you are docking and someone attacks you, permission to dock is never revoked. There is only one exception: when you are wanted. It sounds very much like security scans you, notices something they dont like. They will then revoke permission and open fire. You mention passengers: some passengers are 'illegal'. You need to sneak them in or you will be killed when detected.

Courier missions are never illegal, so you can do those safely. Always check the VIP passenger mission stats to see what they are like!

The mail slot is a through zone only. If you take too long to pass the area you will be considered an obstruction and if you don't move in or out fast enough, you will be removed by station guns.

You shouldn't normally be attacked at all when approaching a station: any enemies chasing you will back off and leave when you enter the no-fire zone. Also, when you are docking and someone attacks you, permission to dock is never revoked. There is only one exception: when you are wanted. It sounds very much like security scans you, notices something they dont like. They will then revoke permission and open fire. You mention passengers: some passengers are 'illegal'. You need to sneak them in or you will be killed when detected.

Courier missions are never illegal, so you can do those safely. Always check the VIP passenger mission stats to see what they are like!
Thanks. I usually check every passenger for 'secretive' but will be more dilegent thank you.

Thanks. I usually check every passenger for 'secretive' but will be more dilegent thank you.
You do know there's a red WANTED status displayed just above the fuel gauge if you're carrying criminals? Pretty clear on the HUD. Though I often forget when I'm on the home run ;)

Google has lots of advice on getting criminals back safely, much fun!

Read the small print on the passenger missions ..... the red script is a giveaway that you may have an illegal onboard if you accept the mission.

IF you carry such people, the trick is not to get scanned. There is more chance of being scanned if:

• you are slow entering the slot (by slow I mean flying at legal speed .... go fast);
  • you have a big ship;
  • you are not friendly with the local factions.
If you do successful missions from a station, you gain rep with them and the ships from those factions turn green on your HUD. You are less likely to get scanned if you are friendly with the local enforcement, but it's not guaranteed !

Small ships are less likely to get scanned and have the advantage you can fly them fast without crashing if you make a mistake approaching the slot.

If you get the message "scan detected" and you are wanted, boost. It will disrupt the scan. Boost anywhere .... even if you have to realign to enter the slot afterward.

Alternatively, if you accept missions to outposts, you won't suffer the slot problems you are having (there is no slot ... ha!)

I find that using the docking computer is fast enough to avoid scans, at least in a Krait MkII. I use it all the time and I some times get the "scan detected" right before passing the entrance which is close enough to get away with it. Never been caught.

You can not be scanned above 200 speed IIRC, so run in.

Looks like OP was not checking for entry visas on the passengers then?

I find that using the docking computer is fast enough to avoid scans, at least in a Krait MkII. I use it all the time and I some times get the "scan detected" right before passing the entrance which is close enough to get away with it. Never been caught.
D..docking computer?

Top Bottom